New Kind Of Kick - #MuseHalloweenSpecial

projektxtal

I've had to stop listening 'cos I don't wanna burn myself out on it but I've enjoyed it so much so far that I'm actually now worn out and sleepy :LOL:

Must. Not. Give. In. To. Temptation. To. Nap. Club gigs and Radiohead tickets may be abound :(

:LOL:

Muse covering Cramps? I didn't think that could happen in my entire lifetime :LOL:. It sounds like they're having fun and that's great. I like the cover though :LOL:

I want a Manson cover by Muse too. Matt sounds a bit Marilyn Manson in this song :LOL:. I thought about that when Uprising was released actually.

I thought he sounded like Marilyn Manson too.

That first band shot (around 00:34), with Matt's face peering out from between Dom's legs... :LOL:

Very strange to hear The Cramps played with relatively polished production! It loses a little bit of their grimey, noisy energy and menace. But I guess you could also say that Muse's cover gives it a nice stomp that goes almost QOTSA-esque towards the end when they crank it up a notch and the distorted vocals come in. Overall, it's pretty good fun - which is clearly all they were going for!

Sorry, such a momentous occasion made me forget what the topic was...

I kinda want to see them do more fun covers like this, while they're in the mood. Maybe even a covers album like Metallica's Garage Inc. (preferably with a tour attached so they can play SOTT again, mmmmmm)

haha appreciated :LOL:

I wonder what inspired them this time, and I agree that Chris looks like he's not exactly feeling the mood - but who cares cos the bass sounds ace

In regard to quality of cover I can't see it as much more than just liking or disliking the song itself, since this has the least deviation of any cover Muse have done. Unless the only deciding factor is the more polished production. Beyond that they seemed to have hit all the right points from the source.