New Kind Of Kick - #MuseHalloweenSpecial

projektxtal

I really hope this track marks the way Muse is going to follow in the future. With Elvira the vampire and the monsters of the night.

Life is a fucker and we need more angst in Muse lyrics, in T2L the Universe was frozen into the Eternal Darkness and in Drones the Earth was destroyed in a nuclear war were only one guy and his girlfriend survive.

Some pussies would think that is angst enough, but i, and probably the real people out there, want the lyrics one step further. We are tired of just death and angst, we want Undead Angst.

It'll be a great theme for the next album. What are the zombies THINKING after the war? What are they actually FEELING while trying to eat the brains of the survivors? Are they going to live forever in a cozy comunity till the Big Freeze, or there are evil zombies trying to enslave them?

This is what the real fans want, guys.

I know this is a joke... But now I really want an album/song about the undead from Muse. Some terrible lyrics that could result from that: "You've got brains and limbs, babe, now I am zombified"

Really, of all the cringeworthy Bellamy lyrics, you pick that?

Oh honey, there's a whole thread for bad Muse lyrics.

I mean, I guess it's cringy from a "that's so angsty" perspective but for his standards it's not that bad.

To me, it seemed like it came right out of a nu-metal song. I thought that Matt had been replaced by Fred Durst for a second.

"I'll show you a God who falls asleep on the job."

Muse have some of the worst lyrics of all time, frankly. The musings of a 13-year-old twat.

Hey, that line was good! :(

Your blood is blue and

Your mind turned green and

Your belly is all yellow

I mean what the fuck.

Well, "blue blood" and "yellow belly" are real expressions. I think the line could have been worded better, but I see what he was going for.

Matt should start scatting.

I guess you could say... :cool: he's a scatmatt! Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub, yo da dub dub, ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub, yo da dub dub

(Hey, I mean he's already proven his beatboxing skills, so why not?)

Yeah it's been missed since Psychos last performance.

Last I checked, Matt didn't use the distorted vocals on that song. Or did he? I thought that was all Chris.

Last I checked, Matt didn't use the distorted vocals on that song. Or did he? I thought that was all Chris.

Last I checked, Chris is s part of the band and Tim didn't specify that it had to be Matt ;)

And it doesn't really matter since all we need to do is go back to 2015 to find distorted vocals by Matt. So I'm not sure what kind of return this cover would be.

The 'aaand yer belleh is allll yel-low' delivery doesn't help either.

Defector's one of their biggest examples of wasted potential in general imo. I still enjoy it (particularly dem solos) but it's clear it could've been sooo much more.

So now the no-show message has changed from 'not available because it MIGHT contain stuff not licensed for your country' to 'not available in your country.' . I would have thought since we can watch basically ALL other Muse stuff from here, we would be allowed to get that too when they've gotten round to figuring it out. Obviously not.

No other page I can find where I could legally watch it either so far.

I am contemplating writing a very nice letter to the GEMA and youtube after this. :rolleyes::mad:

Oh and btw, I could watch the original song on youtube if I wanted to. How incredibly logical... :rolleyes:

So now the no-show message has changed from 'not available because it MIGHT contain stuff not licensed for your country' to 'not available in your country.' . I would have thought since we can watch basically ALL other Muse stuff from here, we would be allowed to get that too when they've gotten round to figuring it out. Obviously not.

No other page I can find where I could legally watch it either so far.

I am contemplating writing a very nice letter to the GEMA and youtube after this. :rolleyes::mad:

Oh and btw, I could watch the original song on youtube if I wanted to. How incredibly logical... :rolleyes:

That's because te high powers of internet are high...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89Uv1Gl6Z0

...on COCAINUM

Matt's many times admitted that he's not a great lyricist, and that he often makes sacrifices and stretches to make things rhyme.

I guess I've looked at Muse lyrics with a degree of sympathy, as Matt does have a talent for songwriting that often gets dampened a bit by the lyrics.

Maybe I'm just trying to defend the songs to myself, though, and turn a blind eye to the fact the band might intentionally be somewhat of a joke.

Regardless of his overall lyrical ability he's had moments that I can still look back and praise as serious works. And despite an also overall lack of seriousness I find it hard to believe something like Endlessly was written as a joke. Even Dead Inside felt like a very personal presentation wrapped in some odd concept album wording.

That's because te high powers of internet are high...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89Uv1Gl6Z0

...on COCAINUM

That reminded me of the BLUE LIGHT :LOL:

On a better note, finally, I hear the two "combatants" have actually managed to find an agreement :eek::pope: Nice to see that fight of many years end at the nearly right moment :LOL:

So I was able to watch the video, finally! :awesome: 'Tis funny :chuckle: Very OTT-silly-fun, I like that :happy:

Last I checked, Chris is s part of the band and Tim didn't specify that it had to be Matt ;)

True. Carry on, then.

I get what he was going for too, and it was corny as hell.

I never denied that it was. At least it wasn't "Its scent is still growing in my direct-shoon," though.

It could have been decent if it wasn't yet another Queen song.

Why, yes, because how dare Muse, a great band, sound remotely like Queen, another great band? They should sound like One Direction instead!

They should sound like One Direction instead!

To be fair, I remember seeing Revolt be compared to 1D when Drones leaked and that's one of the best songs on the album (if not the best).

'Cept for Killer Queen, which is a tune++.

Plus Madn-, I mean, I Want To Break Free.