New Kind Of Kick - #MuseHalloweenSpecial

projektxtal

Judging from the discussion it appears the Halloween special has worn off already.

I guess the Christmas special is next?

Well tbf, it was only a jokey 2-minute cover, not really much to say about it other than "that was fun/wank".

Assassin from MJF + club tour announcement for Christmas, you heard it here first.

Okay, I had originally written a big rant that I decided not to post here due to it possibly being too angry and too offensive. Though hey, if enough of you ask for it, I might.

Anyway, to condense this argument down to a much less angry tone, I feel like the people here have become too unaccepting of others' musical tastes. Yes, every fanbase has its share of assholes, but with these people in the past few comments hating Muse because they pay homage to some of their biggest musical influences, I feel like the assholes are the majority of the users here. Or at least the most vocal.

Also, people hate Queen? Since when? Queen is awesome. Queen is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Not everyone is just going to "get over them" because in certain people's opinions, they are "gack" with only "infrequent decent bits," and that goes for me. I have been a huge Queen fan ever since I first heard A Night at the Opera at age four, and if you don't like having your musical tastes mocked, you can understand how I feel.

Basically, here's what this boils down to: Like the artists and musical styles you like. Don't bash other people's tastes just because they're different than yours. That's a dick move. If we all follow these rules, we can all get along better, okay?

Dude, two people said they don't like Queen :chuckle:

I've always known them to be a pretty divisive band that some love and others hate. Makes sense that the ones who don't like them would rather not hear bands they do like ape as heavily as Muse do at times.

Edit: I feel like I've said this before recently but the board is pretty civil nowadays imo (well, Main Muse at least, can't speak for Banter). Active opinion bashing hasn't really been anywhere near common for at least few years now.

Edited by Jobby

Dude, two people said they don't like Queen :chuckle:

I've always known them to be a pretty divisive band that some love and others hate. Makes sense that the ones who don't like them would rather not hear bands they do like ape them pretty heavily at times.

Phew! For a second, I was fearing that there was a big Muse/Queen fanbase feud like the one that's still going on between Muse and Radiohead fans. Then again, neither will top the Star Trek vs. Star Wars argument.

Yeah, just relax, Tjet and Pwoper Pavo don't like anything successful and/or not full of angst. And Queen sold a lot of albums and were happy campers.

They even don't like the fact that Muse is playing in stadiums instead of someone's garage so they can play Balloonatic instead of Knights of Cydonia.

I still don't understand how an Italian can be bitter, living in a country with places like the Tuscany and the Como Lake, full of beautiful people to shag and the best pasta in the world to eat.

Oh well, life is a mystery.

...and stuff happpens

Edited by Finn.

Okay, I had originally written a big rant that I decided not to post here due to it possibly being too angry and too offensive. Though hey, if enough of you ask for it, I might.

Anyway, to condense this argument down to a much less angry tone, I feel like the people here have become too unaccepting of others' musical tastes. Yes, every fanbase has its share of assholes, but with these people in the past few comments hating Muse because they pay homage to some of their biggest musical influences, I feel like the assholes are the majority of the users here. Or at least the most vocal.

Also, people hate Queen? Since when? Queen is awesome. Queen is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Not everyone is just going to "get over them" because in certain people's opinions, they are "gack" with only "infrequent decent bits," and that goes for me. I have been a huge Queen fan ever since I first heard A Night at the Opera at age four, and if you don't like having your musical tastes mocked, you can understand how I feel.

Basically, here's what this boils down to: Like the artists and musical styles you like. Don't bash other people's tastes just because they're different than yours. That's a dick move. If we all follow these rules, we can all get along better, okay?

eh? pipe down.

Queen are utter, talentless, boring cack. Hit me, bro. :)

Calm down Stalin, jeez.

Someone: 'I hate Queen'.

You: 'Omg I can't believe how unaccepting of other people's tastes you are, waaagghh'.

Pot, kettle, black.

:LOL:

You were the one who got defensive and passive aggressive when someone implied they didn't like Muse's Queen influences. Take a look in the mirror.

Yeah, just relax, Tjet and Pwoper Pavo don't like anything successful and/or not full of angst. And Queen sold a lot of albums and were happy campers.

They even don't like the fact that Muse is playing in stadiums instead of someone's garage so they can play Balloonatic instead of Knights of Cydonia.

I still don't understand how an Italian can be bitter, living in a country with places like the Tuscany and the Como Lake, full of beautiful people to shag and the best pasta in the world to eat.

Oh well, life is a mystery.

...and stuff happpens

you honestly are the most consistently clueless person on this board. First of all I wasn't even part of this discussion, and secondly, even though it surprises no one you have failed to grasp even a percentage of what I post if you think I dislike successful bands. Jesus Christ you're full of shit.

Okay, I had originally written a big rant that I decided not to post here...

I feel like the assholes are the majority of the users here...

Don't bash other people's tastes just because they're different than yours. If we all follow these rules, we can all get along better, okay?

Your rant is offensive. We are not going to "get along better" if you call us "assholes" :(

The problem is that there are so few of us here (and sure, some of us might be assholes.)

Which also means we've probably had every conversation 100 times (the other big complaint is that we just bitch about the same things, of course.)

So, we've all had the Queen conversation for years and years and years, and people who bring it up don't always flesh out the conversation. Some things are just assumed. Not everyone types as fast as I do.

The issue isn't that Muse are aping Queen and Queen sucks. I happen to respect Queen a great deal, but they're also not a band that I listen to very often, and my opinion on them doesn't influence my opinion in this case.

I do believe Muse has passed that "paying homage" point by just doing it too often; they've pretty much incorporated it into what people consider to be "Muse's sound" and that can be annoying.

And, in my opinion, they haven't really incorporated it organically into their sound. Those particular songs don't come off as "hey, that's really got a Queen influence" so much as it feels like Muse "trying to do a Queen song." If that makes sense.

They pull a couple of tricks out the Queen bag and shove them in their songs. Repeatedly.

So, it's quite a lot less that people don't like Queen specifically. If it was a different big band, it would still be the same issue.

Don't take it so personally. There's a difference between disliking a band and disliking you. No one said "anyone who likes Queen is stupid", just that they themselves think a lot of their songs are bad.

For the record I disagree that Queen are crap. I think Queen have a load of good songs that range from fun to fantastic. But I hate how Muse has emulated Queen so much on the last few albums, I really don't think it suits them.

Muse just aren't very good at trying to be Queen.