New Kind Of Kick - #MuseHalloweenSpecial

projektxtal

As long as the songs are great, I don't really care. In the case of Space Dementia (I suppose that's what you're talking about), that song is so rich even outside the Rachmaninov influence that it comes across as a pleasant reference.

When what you're borrowing is the only remotely good thing about the song, it becomes a problem.

There's way more than Space Dementia.

From Hyper Music sounding like Snake Charmer, to TirO sounding like Billie Jean, and Uprising sounding like Call Me mixed with the Doctor Who theme, this is something that's been going on the whole time.

You can't really say you're okay with it only as long as the song is good, and it's a rip off otherwise.

Because Muse as a band has, for their entire history, been making music that could be considered to stand a little too close to it's influences.

Yup forgot about Hyper Music.

Muse has always been about incorporating influences in their music and make it sound theirs. As long as it makes sense in a Muse context, I don't mind it, which was the case until recently.

It's not about calling the bad songs ripoffs, but about the fact that if they're gonna take external influences and make it into a Muse song with some elements of their own and the merger sounds good to me, that's great; I do have a problem with them making obvious references and adding little to nothing to it, or in the case of Aftermath, adding something terrible (that sounds nothing like Muse on top of that).

Edited by Zepp