soo... did anyone actually talk to Chris? Haha... if he doesn't say anything, we'll assume that his silence means something good/bad/indifferent.

I downloaded yt vids of all the proshots that have gone up, looking forward to watching it since I had to leave :/ I would love to be sitting on the bus in half an hour watching Space Dementia pro shot, but obviously I can't have that... :'(

And so the wait begins...

In reference to the absence of most of OoS last night; the excuse of not being comfortable playing those songs is a pile of shite, thus hinting at a DVD release. Are they trying to claim that feeling good and citizen erased are rare songs? They're played almost every gig so there must be more than meets the eye.

Also I heard much of the concert on Radio 1 today which shows that the audio has been recorded and catalogued. Again, hinting at a new media release. Have hope fellow musers!

radio 1 have the audio? did u listen to this online?

I don't get why everyone is really mad about BBC not broadcasting it all. That's why people pay for the ticket to go to the concerts. I understand that not all Muse fans could go, but same goes with Wembley and Glastonbury. I think for sure they are going to release a DVD of some sort, so there's no need to worry. I didn't even like the fact that the majority of the crowd weren't "hard core" fans because they stood still during Hyper Music. :stunned: Anyways, I didn't like how they didn't broadcast most of the OoS songs either because I was (trying) to watch the stream here in CA. I barely got to hear about a minute of the whole broadcast haha.

I can't help but wish Muse were starting a new tour instead of wrapping up. Surely they would incorporate more of these gems into their sets after noticing the positive reception and, apparently, even surprising themselves at how good songs like Darkshines sound.

But as it is, they'll probably forget all about this 'rediscovery' of Origin by the time the next tour rolls around. Hopefully, at the least they'll take this momentum into the studio and channel it into something good for album No. 6. One can hope.

I can't help but wish Muse were starting a new tour instead of wrapping up. Surely they would incorporate more of these gems into their sets after noticing the positive reception and, apparently, even surprising themselves at how good songs like Darkshines sound.

But as it is, they'll probably forget all about this 'rediscovery' of Origin by the time the next tour rolls around. Hopefully, at the least they'll take this momentum into the studio and channel it into something good for album No. 6. One can hope.

One of my biggest hopes is that at least learning the OoS songs again reminded them of that old feeling they had before the theatrical cheesy stuff.

Found this on MuseLive - not found the original source yet but will keep looking:

Tim Clarke - BBC Music

33 Minutes ago

I appreciated the comments here and understand the disappointment completely. We always try to bring as much as we can across at least one of the BBC outlets but the band were keen for the some of the songs to be exclusive to the live audience at the event. If there's any other way we can improve coverage please let us know here

That doesn't fill me with any confidence we will be seeing it again.

Cheers Muse, tbh, you really suck for this.

EDIT, it comes from the official twitter http://twitter.com/#!/BBCreadingfest

also he repeats later

"afraid band wanted to hold back some gems for the fans at the festival."

ugh....

Found this on MuseLive - not found the original source yet but will keep looking:

Tim Clarke - BBC Music

33 Minutes ago

I appreciated the comments here and understand the disappointment completely. We always try to bring as much as we can across at least one of the BBC outlets but the band were keen for the some of the songs to be exclusive to the live audience at the event. If there's any other way we can improve coverage please let us know here

also he repeats later

ugh....

Oh no...:( I'm not holding much faith in the idea that we are getting a DVD, been dissapointed enough. Thanks for the info, though.

that's fucking magnificent. damn you muse for calling these the bad ones.

I don't think they include Megalomania in that tbh.

Tim Clarke - BBC Music

33 Minutes ago

also he repeats later

ugh....

Personally I think that's really unfair and also illogical as it's hardly the same experience on a video as live. :rolleyes:

Tim Clarke - BBC Music

33 Minutes ago

also he repeats later

ugh....

I suppose that's a penalty of being a fan of a band who favours playing to a live audience over the media machine.

People can't understand why the cameras should be an additional pressure, but if they were, they could have reduced the quality of the performance which would then have given the live audience an inferior show to one where Muse didn't feel that pressure, so there is logic to it.

Of course the live audience should take priority. When Muse start considering the tv audience more important than the live audience we will then need to worry!

At least there are youtubes. At so many gigs that is enough. There's no reason this should be any different really.

I have to say, though a little disappointed that the BBC show didn't include proshots of the old songs, I nevertheless thoroughly enjoyed the broadcast. :happy:

I find it pretty hard to believe that after the amount of people who have been feeling disillusioned with Muse over the last couple of years for screwing over old fans with setlists, and only playing certain songs once or twice in only one country out of all the places they're going on tour (Can't Take My Eyes Off You and Dead Star in Japan, etc).

At the end of this whole tour, they have these two shows that can redeem themselves, and once again they ignore the fact that they have fans worldwide who love these songs, who would have been quite happy with a pro-shot version for them to enjoy, only for Muse to screw up probably the biggest they have on the whole tour so far. It completely beggars belief.

What says even more is that I logged in this morning to find out about it for the first time, and I wasn't surprised. :facepalm:

Archived