This thread is mainly to be used for running commentaries on gigs from this years summer festivals and other matters concerning this entire leg of Muse's touring, such as your favourite moments and the trends of the tour.

Feel free to discuss twitter updates from any attendees in this thread, but use this thread for post-gig and other set list discussion.

Errrr....

I really don't think Muse are doing anything wrong with the set lists on this tour. With LA Rising they were basically "supporting" Rage Against the Machine. I suppose everyone wanted Muse to play a set which leaned heavily on OoS but also on heavy songs, but not everyone can be satisfied.

Muse played a good set at LA Rising. It might not be the set that everyone was expecting, but most of the complainers weren't even at LA Rising. From what I know it was a great gig apparently.

Muse can do better with some of their song choice but, like with most bands that are quite commercial (or almost at that level), they do also need to play the songs which were released as singles. Most people don't want to hear TiRO, Starlight and SMBH at every gig, but these are songs which are loved by fans they are not going to stop playing them if 3% of their fans hate the guts of these songs, even if they have seen it live a lot (or in some people's case, no more than twice).

I don't have much else to say.

I do think however that by the end of the next 4 US Dates they will have played songs like Micro Cuts, Dark Shines and Space Dementia.

These US dates are pretty much rehearsals for R/L so I wouldn't be surprised if a few get knocked out at Verizon, as that is their own show, and maybe some headline gigs too.

I'm looking forward to hearing what goes on this summer :happy:

but not everyone can be satisfied.

This argument is so good that you wouldn't need any of the other stuff.

"There wasn't anything wrong with it...except for what was wrong, but you can't get everything in life."

Errrr....

I really don't think Muse are doing anything wrong with the set lists on this tour. With LA Rising they were basically "supporting" Rage Against the Machine. I suppose everyone wanted Muse to play a set which leaned heavily on OoS but also on heavy songs, but not everyone can be satisfied.

Muse played a good set at LA Rising. It might not be the set that everyone was expecting, but most of the complainers weren't even at LA Rising. From what I know it was a great gig apparently.

Muse can do better with some of their song choice but, like with most bands that are quite commercial (or almost at that level), they do also need to play the songs which were released as singles. Most people don't want to hear TiRO, Starlight and SMBH at every gig, but these are songs which are loved by fans they are not going to stop playing them if 3% of their fans hate the guts of these songs, even if they have seen it live a lot (or in some people's case, no more than twice).

I don't have much else to say.

I do think however that by the end of the next 4 US Dates they will have played songs like Micro Cuts, Dark Shines and Space Dementia.

These US dates are pretty much rehearsals for R/L so I wouldn't be surprised if a few get knocked out at Verizon, as that is their own show, and maybe some headline gigs too.

I'm looking forward to hearing what goes on this summer :happy:

Amen!

bellamyzetagrl Zeta Girl

Yes, I did lay down on the grass hill and listen to Citizen Erased being soundchecked :D

Well now we know Citizen Erased won't be played tonight.

I'd rather see them play some of the other Origin songs they've been practicing anyway personally. The US hasn't had much CE on this tour though so I can understand hoping for it.

Ok thanks for letting us know! Wow only 23 days until Reading, I really need to find a tent etc :chuckle:

Guiding Light tonight anyone?

Reading day ticket ftw. I'm gonna pitch up at about 5ish, see Interpol and Elbow and chillax for Muse. Win.

As for GL... no comment.

I feel like if Muse are going to be playing any rare songs during this leg at all, it'll be tonight and Saturday in Kansas City. I figure they wouldn't want to risk fucking up at high-profile gigs like LA Rising and Lollapalooza so they play it safe with the set lists, and maybe they think, "We're in Indianapolis and Kansas City... no one gives a shit about us anyway so let's just use these as rehearsals for Reading and Leeds!"

Ah my Dad and brother are doing that, but going to see Cage The Elephant and Frank Turner too.

CTE were ace when I first saw them but when I actually listened to their recorded stuff, it was pants :(.

Frank Turner is immense though. Saw him (and Million Dead) in Martian Records in Taunton 6/7 years ago, bunked off school for it :happy:. So good.

Archived