After sleeping on it, it's still really disappointing we didn't get to see the OoS songs. However i can deal with that because it just means we'll probably get them on a dvd. The thing i can't deal with is how much mainly the BBC but also Muse bigged this up as the special OoS broadcast, even just before Muse came on they were saying how special this show was as they're playing all of OoS in full. Surely they could have had the courtesy to just tell us that they weren't actually going to show the songs.

After sleeping on it, it's still really disappointing we didn't get to see the OoS songs. However i can deal with that because it just means we'll probably get them on a dvd. The thing i can't deal with is how much mainly the BBC but also Muse bigged this up as the special OoS broadcast, even just before Muse came on they were saying how special this show was as they're playing all of OoS in full. Surely they could have had the courtesy to just tell us that they weren't actually going to show the songs.

Exactly this. I was lucky enough to be at Leeds, so although I am disappointed, it's worse for those fans who were relying on the broadcast to show them the entire set as they couldn't get to either gig. Someone somewhere just needs to provide an answer as to why there was the implication that we'd see the whole set when we were treated to nothing special at all. :supersad:

I think that's spot on Ollie. We should have been warned before hand if this was going on a DVD. That would have made everyone super excited to be missing it on TV. Not full of infusion, dissapointment and rage.

Reading and Leeds were festivals and only a minority of British Muse fans could attend, let alone all Muse fans, so it isn't fair that so Manu should miss out on seeing the show.

I think that's spot on Ollie. We should have been warned before hand if this was going on a DVD. That would have made everyone super excited to be missing it on TV. Not full of infusion, dissapointment and rage.

Reading and Leeds were festivals and only a minority of British Muse fans could attend, let alone all Muse fans, so it isn't fair that so Manu should miss out on seeing the show.

Muse fans are teacups?

This

I hate to be negative, but why are people presuming it'll be on a DVD? I'd love to see it happen, but it seems like an outside chance. It looks like Muse told the BBC that they weren't comfortable with most of the OOS songs being broadcast because they haven't played them in so long. That simply indicates that they got nervous, it does not imply that they're holding it back for a later release. If a later release had been the reason then they'd have announced it in the programme as such instead (especially as it would then likely be a release in collaboration with the BBC).

It may end up as a DVD, as part of an OoS 10th Anniversary edition. But it not being broadcast doesn't raise the chances of that. If anything, I'd say it's indicative of the opposite.

Someone made the point yesterday that the band seemed okay with the BBC broadcasting the Teignmouth gig, even though those were new songs that were not played perfectly. Maybe yesterday's gig wasn't quite up there as far as significance goes, but it comes close.

I hate to be negative, but why are people presuming it'll be on a DVD? I'd love to see it happen, but it seems like an outside chance. It looks like Muse told the BBC that they weren't comfortable with most of the OOS songs being broadcast because they haven't played them in so long. That simply indicates that they got nervous, it does not imply that they're holding it back for a later release. If a later release had been the reason then they'd have announced it in the programme as such instead (especially as it would then likely be a release in collaboration with the BBC).

It may end up as a DVD, as part of an OoS 10th Anniversary edition. But it not being broadcast doesn't raise the chances of that. If anything, I'd say it's indicative of the opposite.

That just seems so unlike Muse though, I've always thought of them as a very confident band.

From what I've heard from people that went to the gig, it went really well. I mean, Matt fluffed up on Starlight instead :p

Maybe they might consider it later on, review the whole gig and see whether they want it put out there.

Someone made the point yesterday that the band seemed okay with the BBC broadcasting the Teignmouth gig, even though those were new songs that were not played perfectly. Maybe yesterday's gig wasn't quite up there as far as significance goes, but it comes close.

I'm not sure it would for the band themselves. And the new songs being played shortly before a new album is part of an advertising and promoting exercise. Last night's gig was not.

Maybe they might consider it later on, review the whole gig and see whether they want it put out there.

I'm hoping this will be true! If the performance went as well as people there are saying, then I'm hoping they'll watch it and then decide to release it for their worldwide fans as part of an OoS celebration/anniversary package. I'm just not raising my hopes yet!

I'm not sure it would for the band themselves. And the new songs being played shortly before the album is part of an advertising and promoting exercise. Last night's gig was not.

There was still a lot of promotion surrounding this gig, though, so I thought they'd have made the most of it. I just really don't want this to be Muse's fault! :LOL:

:(

It looks like Muse told the BBC that they weren't comfortable with most of the OOS songs being broadcast because they haven't played them in so long. That simply indicates that they got nervous, it

The one thing which totally ruins this argument is the lack of Feeling Good, which has been played at almost every gig in the last 10 years. And Citizen Erased isn't exactly a rarity either.

I'm still more inclined to hold the BBC to blame.

The one thing which totally ruins this argument is the lack of Feeling Good, which has been played at almost every gig in the last 10 years. And Citizen Erased isn't exactly a rarity either.

I'm still more inclined to hold the BBC to blame.

Plus, Citizen Erased and Megalomania have been played live more recently than Bliss :erm:.

Both reasons why I think there's more to this than just the band saying they didn't want it shown.

Archived