If I want to sound like a right dick, we paid to see these gems. The fact they wanted to keep these gems for those who are actually there is a nice gesture.

Olly, you jerk :noey:

:chuckle: But really, that's not fair! So many people couldn't go for so many reasons, whether it was that they couldn't afford it, had other non-flexible obligations/responsibilities, were too young, etc. A webcast, like Renee said, is nowhere near as amazing an experience as actually being there.

Olly, you jerk :noey:

:chuckle: But really, that's not fair! So many people couldn't go for so many reasons, whether it was that they couldn't afford it, had other non-flexible obligations/responsibilities, were too young, etc. A webcast, like Renee said, is nowhere near as amazing an experience as actually being there.

If it was something like Wembley or the older Royal Albert Hall gig I could understand. A more personal gig with a bunch of musers coming together. Something like that I can understand deserving to be exclusive to those who experienced it. There will be more chances to see the highlight gigs anyways.

But Origin is pretty much loved by all Musers. They've been decorating their page and reminding everyone about the OoS anniversary. Matt said himself he did the gig for the fans. I didn't know that really meant the fans who would go to the gig only. There's a lot of factors that would contribute to Musers not being able to go, it's not like they just didn't feel like it. Muse are popular enough to have international fans, it's not just Europe (or UK specifically) with the hardcore fans anymore. Anyways there were people who went to the festivals who never even knew Muse would play the album. And looking at footage from Hyper Music it clearly wasn't packed with hardcore Musers.

Not posted since i got back coz i've slowly been cutting my way through the beef.

That was some serious beef. Beefier than the whole Resistance tour put together but warranted imo. I'd have been saying the exact same things if i didn't go.

I hope for a DVD although i've no idea what the chances are. Different people saying different things about 360 cameras, others saying Muse saved some gems for the audience. Who knows.

I'm annoyed that i can't watch all of it back, even though all the songs they did broadcast were performed to a very high standard. It was kinda like watching it for the first time: The Reading crowd were seriously utter twats. Far too much pushing etc.

I second what someone said a few pages back, that they thought they'd die in there, so the first 3/4 songs were spent fighting for my life rather than enjoying the gig :/

Anyhoo, I survived and i know it isn't as good as pro-shot footage but MuseBootlegs is working on DVDs for both gigs. I sent some footage to him today so here's hoping that there'll be something from him soon :)

PS Leeds was better than Reading. Seriously. *hides*

If it was something like Wembley or the older Royal Albert Hall gig I could understand. A more personal gig with a bunch of musers coming together. Something like that I can understand deserving to be exclusive to those who experienced it. There will be more chances to see the highlight gigs anyways.

But Origin is pretty much loved by all Musers. They've been decorating their page and reminding everyone about the OoS anniversary. Matt said himself he did the gig for the fans. I didn't know that really meant the fans who would go to the gig only. There's a lot of factors that would contribute to Musers not being able to go, it's not like they just didn't feel like it. Muse are popular enough to have international fans, it's not just Europe (or UK specifically) with the hardcore fans anymore. Anyways there were people who went to the festivals who never even knew Muse would play the album. And looking at footage from Hyper Music it clearly wasn't packed with hardcore Musers.

^All of this. Tbf I understand that they have a history with Reading, but still believe it was a bad decision to hold this anniversary gig there, it would have been much more appropriate at a few of there own shows. Like you said, it was for the fans, they couldn't have honestly thought that most of them would make it? So it would have been decent of them to let the majority of their fanbase witness it, seeing as they made a huge deal of it. It's hardly fair making it exclusive to a load of non-fans who haven't even heard the album... :stunned:

^All of this. Tbf I understand that they have a history with Reading, but still believe it was a bad decision to hold this anniversary gig there, it would have been much more appropriate at a few of there own shows. Like you said, it was for the fans, they couldn't have honestly thought that most of them would make it? So it would have been decent of them to let the majority of their fanbase witness it, seeing as they made a huge deal of it. It's hardly fair making it exclusive to a load of non-fans who haven't even heard the album... :stunned:

I completely agree with this. It might just be because OoS is, and always will be my favourite Muse album and when I heard about the Reading set featuring the whole of it I thought all my dreams had come true. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to Reading, which really made me down, but the consolation was being able to at least watch it on TV. Anyway, I think they'll release a DVD which'll be great, but yes I think Reading was the wrong place, imagine the things they could have done had it been a headline tour of theirs perhaps. Knowing Muse they'd have definitely pulled out all the stops!

I'm not disappointed, just still bitter I wasn't there. Hope they don't stop playing older songs on their tours now..can't wait to see them again. :)

Not posted since i got back coz i've slowly been cutting my way through the beef.

That was some serious beef. Beefier than the whole Resistance tour put together but warranted imo. I'd have been saying the exact same things if i didn't go.

I hope for a DVD although i've no idea what the chances are. Different people saying different things about 360 cameras, others saying Muse saved some gems for the audience. Who knows.

I'm annoyed that i can't watch all of it back, even though all the songs they did broadcast were performed to a very high standard. It was kinda like watching it for the first time: The Reading crowd were seriously utter twats. Far too much pushing etc.

I second what someone said a few pages back, that they thought they'd die in there, so the first 3/4 songs were spent fighting for my life rather than enjoying the gig :/

Anyhoo, I survived and i know it isn't as good as pro-shot footage but MuseBootlegs is working on DVDs for both gigs. I sent some footage to him today so here's hoping that there'll be something from him soon :)

I was at Reading all weekend and there was some right bellends in the crowd throughout the weekend. I had to get out through Space Dementia because I was getting too crushed so I missed most of Hyper Music :(

• 3 months later...

"Good evening Los Angeles! To the rescue! Something America. We love you guys"

I'm honestly really not sure if he says "to the rescue" but it's the only thing I can think it would be and with the Captain America t-shirt it might make sense. I can hear "America" but I think he's trying to do some kind of terrible accent when he says it.

Archived