I thought RHCP only had 60-80k?

Oasis had a fuckload more, 165k people got in to that... But I can't see any gig in the UK ever being that packed again, because they have all those fucking merch tents in the middle of the field. They're an absolute nuisance.

It's probably shorter after people complained of excessive traffic jams getting to Robbie Williams' concerts at Knebworth in 2003, which were 125k a night for 3 nights.

Although the Chilis at Knebworth was not a sell-out so it's hard to know what the actual number was.

You need to be extremely popular to sell out Knebworth, I'm not sure Muse are there yet but I don't think it'll be too long if they keep going the way they are. Plus there's always complaints about Knebworth when it's packed; people being stuck at the back and hardly hearing anything, traffic jams etc. so if the band could conquer some of those issues then it could be an amazing gig.

Just reading speculation about an Irish gig on another site and I reckon there's a chance they could annonce a date here in the next few weeks seeing as RHCP is over and done with. MCD probably didn't want to announce another big rock band playing when they were desperately trying to get rid of RHCP tickets as the fanbases probably overlap a bit.

/wishful thinking

Just reading speculation about an Irish gig on another site and I reckon there's a chance they could annonce a date here in the next few weeks seeing as RHCP is over and done with. MCD probably didn't want to announce another big rock band playing when they were desperately trying to get rid of RHCP tickets as the fanbases probably overlap a bit.

/wishful thinking

Maybe a pre-album gig?

Here's hoping...

The European Tour finishes at the end of the year!

Perhaps Australia at the beginning of next year?

BigDayOut is in January..

If they do Big Day Out it's likely, yeah. However they might not be as they've already done it so many times. An Arena tour is still a possibility though.

How can you say they are not big enough for somewhere like Knebworth?

For a band to sell out an arena tour in these current times, with tickets in the £65 region in seconds, selling out two nights at wembley stadium in minutes, twice. Ofcourse Muse don't have the album sales behing them like most big bands, but they have no problem selling out any venue they choose to play.

If a venue like knebworth was chosen, then it would almost certainly be advertised as Muse's only 2013 UK performance, and they would have no problem selling it out.

How can you say they are not big enough for somewhere like Knebworth?

For a band to sell out an arena tour in these current times, with tickets in the £65 region in seconds, selling out two nights at wembley stadium in minutes, twice. Ofcourse Muse don't have the album sales behing them like most big bands, but they have no problem selling out any venue they choose to play.

If a venue like knebworth was chosen, then it would almost certainly be advertised as Muse's only 2013 UK performance, and they would have no problem selling it out.

Why would they only do one gig in the UK in 2013? The UK's one of the places they play most :erm:

I have a feeling that considering how fast arena tickets went and depending on how well the album sells that we'll see a UK Stadium tour next year, perhaps even instead of festivals, encompassing London, Manchester, Cardiff and Glasgow/Edinburgh

I hope they play Cardiff, doubt it though :(

Why would they only do one gig in the UK in 2013? The UK's one of the places they play most :erm:

But unless they are going to be back over here for any festival dates (V/Download perhaps?) then there not going to tour here straight after doing a UK arena tour only months before.

Chances are, if they aren't going to headline any UK fests next year, then they will concentrate more on Europe/America. Then by the time these tours are over, it will be coming up to the end of the year when large outdoor stadium concerts aren't feasable.

I thought RHCP only had 60-80k?

Oasis had a fuckload more, 165k people got in to that... But I can't see any gig in the UK ever being that packed again, because they have all those fucking merch tents in the middle of the field. They're an absolute nuisance.

They did for RHCP, it was 80k...the capacity is variable. Muse could probably pull off the 80k-100k bracket considering how well Wembley sold all four times.

But unless they are going to be back over here for any festival dates (V/Download perhaps?) then there not going to tour here straight after doing a UK arena tour only months before.

Considering they're only doing 5 gigs at the moment in the UK this year, I'd expect them to do a few next year. Hell, it's practically guaranteed that they'll do a stadium tour next year.

Edited by Jobby

Considering they're only doing 5 gigs at the moment in the UK this year, I'd expect them to do a few next year. Hell, it's practically guaranteed that they'll do a stadium tour next year.

I still can't believe they will stop twice for 9 days in the middle of an European tour. It does not make any sense! I expect a few more UK dates being announced when the album is released (+ of course the Irish ones) :D

Do you guys think Muse is going to play at Bonnaroo Music Festival in Manchester Tennessee next year?

They've already played at pretty much every other major U.S. music festival including:

-Lollapalooza

-Coachella

-Outside Lands

-Austin City Limits

-Kanrocksas

-Voodo Experience

And I know they love playing at music festivals so it seems fitting that either next year or the year after when they do a summer US tour that they stop at Bonnaroo!

Do you guys think Muse is going to play at Bonnaroo Music Festival in Manchester Tennessee next year?

They've already played at pretty much every other major U.S. music festival including:

-Lollapalooza

-Coachella

-Outside Lands

-Austin City Limits

-Kanrocksas

-Voodo Experience

And I know they love playing at music festivals so it seems fitting that either next year or the year after when they do a summer US tour that they stop at Bonnaroo!

I think it'll depend how the schedule the US leg of the tour. For the last tour 3 of those festivals were in the 2011 summer leg so if they decide to do that again we could see some other festivals.

I was thinking, when the tour comes around in October muse will have only done one show in over a year, probably one of the largest gaps in their career. Hopefully not only will this mean they go back into touring with more energy, enthusiasm and effort into their setlists and songs but also the fact that they will have to rehearse everything they may thing 'hey we might as well do some stuff

We don't normally play'

Wishful thinking

I was thinking, when the tour comes around in October muse will have only done one show in over a year, probably one of the largest gaps in their career. Hopefully not only will this mean they go back into touring with more energy, enthusiasm and effort into their setlists and songs but also the fact that they will have to rehearse everything they may thing 'hey we might as well do some stuff

We don't normally play'

Wishful thinking

They'll play some little shows in september, no doubt.

But yes, it's more a utopian thinking rather than a wishful one :chuckle:

We don't normally play'

Wishful thinking

Unfortunately, Matt has said that they never were a band that practiced much. And that they'll probably use a couple of gigs as practice. Just look at the teignmouth gig.

On another topic, I was thinking to myself what Dom said about heavier setlists. He probably means that they'll play the "rock" version of I belong to you and also Unintended a half step down. :p