:phu: what songs have you heard, out of curiosity? Personally I don't think I would have gotten into them if it wasn't that I listened to the whole album consecutively. Anyway, psyched for their new album :awesome:

Well heard the cave and little lion man to death. And my boyfriend gave me the album to get into but everytime I tried to listen to it I cringed and turned it off Bleugh. Guess its just not my thing!

Well heard the cave and little lion man to death. And my boyfriend gave me the album to get into but everytime I tried to listen to it I cringed and turned it off Bleugh. Guess its just not my thing!

+1 to your boyfriend :phu: if you happen to see them at a festival or something similar, you'll notice how good they are.

ANYWAY, we're a bit off topic and I don't want another infraction :LOL:

Could the band play some warm-up shows in late august or just early september?

:noey:

Although Cave and Little Lion Man have been played to death, yes. Of course, I don't bother with the radio anymore, so :awesome:

Back on topic, is it possible they do what Linkin park did and play a few shows before release? This is the first album build up I've experienced so I really don't know.

Back on topic, is it possible they do what Linkin park did and play a few shows before release? This is the first album build up I've experienced so I really don't know.

They did these warm-up shows since Abso, I think (probably even before). The few pre-album gigs in the TR era were announced in August, so probably they'll do some.

• 2 weeks later...
You only really know what it looks like when date one comes along. I think Bellamy wanted a lot more on the arena tour then they got and as a result talked a lot about getting a bigger production than just the towers, which were still pretty big.

Yeh it's just going to get bigger and bigger until the heath and safety give in and give Matt what he wants....

Dom in the NME interview said they might bring to stadiums in 2013 "this big upside-down all-seeing eye all made out of video, maybe a big pyramid that can expand and contract and turn inside out and move around".

Sounds a little bit like what they wanted The Resistance stadium tour to be. Would be impressive, but still have an air of being recycled...

Dom in the NME interview said they might bring to stadiums in 2013 "this big upside-down all-seeing eye all made out of video, maybe a big pyramid that can expand and contract and turn inside out and move around".

Sounds a little bit like what they wanted The Resistance stadium tour to be. Would be impressive, but still have an air of being recycled...

I had a feeling the 'stripped down' thing wouldn't come to pass. :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...

So when they come back to Australia they're thinking of doing outside gigs - possibly parks or stadiums, and possibly bringing the Europe Stadium tour design over. Matt said they're not sure when; it could be late half of next year. I'm not sure why they said 2014 in that case?

Having never been to a stadium gig before, I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or not.

(I'm not sure where else to put this - feels a bit premature to start an Australian tour thread.)

Well Stadium gigs usually have the longer sets of the tour at least.

I hadn't thought of that, that's a good point.

Seems a bit odd to bring the whole stadium set over the Australia for a few gigs though.

I wonder how much that'll affect prices too.

...but then again, yeah, $130 is steep enough as it is. Any major increase beyond that would be exorbitant.

So when they come back to Australia they're thinking of doing outside gigs - possibly parks or stadiums, and possibly bringing the Europe Stadium tour design over. Matt said they're not sure when; it could be late half of next year. I'm not sure why they said 2014 in that case?

Having never been to a stadium gig before, I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or not.

(I'm not sure where else to put this - feels a bit premature to start an Australian tour thread.)

Where'd you hear this?