I reckon we will almost certainly see Uprising, Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, Starlight, Time is Running Out, Plug in Baby and Knights of Cydonia, and will most likely see Feeling Good and Stockholm Syndrome.

However I like to think that they've got a curveball in their locker, like Dead Star or Apocalypse Please. But we shall see...

To be fair, I'd rather them tune down a song than have Matt potentially sound like shit. Also, I'd much rather have Sing For Absolution back than Invincible which could be more likely if the band decide to do something special for Absolution's anniversary.

To be fair, I'd rather them tune down a song than have Matt potentially sound like shit. Also, I'd much rather have Sing For Absolution back than Invincible which could be more likely if the band decide to do something special for Absolution's anniversary.

Sing for absolution was pretty rare in its day anyway was it not? :(

Yup.

Yeah, SFA didn't really suffer from being half-a-step lower, rather the opposite. Invincible on the other hand...

Matt never sounded shit during Invincible though, but he struggled quite a bit during the last gigs during their SA-leg in 2008. Then they actually tuned it down from one night to another. But to be fair, 2008 was generally a poor year for Matt vocally. He's way better now.

Was having a discussion with a friend yesterday about the fact it looks like the band are following their tried and tested Winter arena tour/ Summer stadium tour from recent years.

Anyhoo we got to discussing Wembley Stadium,and whether they'd play there again a third tour in a row, or whether it's lost it's sparkle now they've played there in 07 and 10. Just wondered what venues other forumites would like to see the band play in for a change?

I'd quite like to see them give Wembley a miss this time around and maybe play the Olympic Stadium.

Was having a discussion with a friend yesterday about the fact it looks like the band are following their tried and tested Winter arena tour/ Summer stadium tour from recent years.

Anyhoo we got to discussing Wembley Stadium,and whether they'd play there again a third tour in a row, or whether it's lost it's sparkle now they've played there in 07 and 10. Just wondered what venues other forumites would like to see the band play in for a change?

I'd quite like to see them give Wembley a miss this time around and maybe play the Olympic Stadium.

Olympic Stadium was supposed to have extreme feedback issues and that's why during the opening ceremony only vocals are going to be live. Also it's smaller.

http://www.amexstadium.co.uk/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-18084063

I'd love them to play here because it's shiny, new and near me! :LOL:

I know it'll have a seated capacity of 31,000 by next year but I'm not sure about standing capacity.

Wow, a place like that would definitely have a large standing capacity!

I think they're definitely big enough to support a stadium tour in Australia at least for one night a city. Probably somewhere like this

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=9

Edited by bumpypotato

http://www.amexstadium.co.uk/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-18084063

I'd love them to play here because it's shiny, new and near me! :LOL:

I know it'll have a seated capacity of 31,000 by next year but I'm not sure about standing capacity.

As a season ticket holder at the Amex I'd give that a definite thumbs up - its a fantastic venue.

Earlier this month Fat Boy Slim did two nights as the first ever concert and didn't sell out. I'd have preferred to see him compere a two day festival with bands but then I've never been a clubber. Everyone who went seemed to enjoy themselves - except for the two hour beer queues which need sorting out.

Moving the debate on, I was at Jodrell Bank for Elbow last night. I've never been happier to be part of a crowd getting soaked - it was a magical evening The stage sat next to the giant Lovell radio-telescope which was used as a massive screen at times.

It's difficult to think of a better venue for Muse to play - exhibits and talks on Supermassive Black Holes and Neutron Stars in the afternoon then rock in the evening next to the world's third largest satellite dish!

An outdoors venue Hyde Park or Knebworth would be good, with capacities of 50k and 80k respectively it'd make more sense if they kept future UK gigs to venues of this size. I know that would then prohibit using an identical stage setup as an arena tour but using an adaptable one would mean they could play venues that had a capacity that better matches demand for tickets. Trouble is Muse's album cycles always mean tours start during the Autumn when outdoors venues are problematic as it gets dark and cold too early.

Knebworth would be interesting. I think they're bound to play there at some point in there career. If the new album and on-stage performances are energetic on this next tour then they could pull it off.

Saw RHCP there on Saturday, and if a Muse show there was half as good as the Chilis, everyone would be in for one hell of a treat!

Knebworth is 125k, which is huuuuuge.

It'd be awesome to see, but actually getting there on my own is a problem (that and my ears is why I didn't go to the RHCP show)

I thought RHCP only had 60-80k?

Oasis had a fuckload more, 165k people got in to that... But I can't see any gig in the UK ever being that packed again, because they have all those fucking merch tents in the middle of the field. They're an absolute nuisance.