Could they do a date in late September at the iTunes Festival as a potential warm up for the tour?

IIRC they were all in the UK rehearsing new material/stage set-up for a while before TR tour, and a smaller gig like this could act as a good warm up to the new tour, as well as help promote the album abit more? Would be similar to Teignmouth (without the sentimentality) and the other smaller shows pre-TR tour.

Have you been? I saw the Foo's there and it was brilliant. Not a fan of the golden circle system though!

i was at the first Foo Fighters gig and first time at the MK Bowl for me. awesome gig and a brilliant location (the bowl in genral not MK!LOL :p) would love MUSE to play there it's set up for a band like that. Knebworth would be cool too

The main thing on my mind isn't where they'll play or what the stage design will be, it's what songs they'll be bringing back for this tour. They always bring a couple of old ones back, even if it's not for long. Maybe Assassin or Invincible?

I'd say possibly Muscle Museum but the only reason they brought back Cave last time was because it was Showbiz's anniversary (and because of Teignmouth).

Have a feeling they may bring back Apocalypse please. Its nearly Absolutions 10 year anniversary and what with the whole 2012 thing, would seem fitting.

Would love Sing for Absolution too as its one of my favourites.

Ah yeah, forgot about Apocalypse Please. I think that's the one that's most likely to make a return. I want Sing For Absolution badly as well but I think that's less likely.

Taking on whats been said about incorporating 'different' songs from the older albums, does anyone believe they will play longer (20 or so each gig) sets in the arena tour to bring these songs back?

Or is it more than likely to be a straight swap of many of TR songs for new ones from TSL?

Its been done to death, but with 6 albums to fall back on, I think they really should be giving each gig a fair showing of their back catalogue.

Taking on whats been said about incorporating 'different' songs from the older albums, does anyone believe they will play longer (20 or so each gig) sets in the arena tour to bring these songs back?

Or is it more than likely to be a straight swap of many of TR songs for new ones from TSL?

Its been done to death, but with 6 albums to fall back on, I think they really should be giving each gig a fair showing of their back catalogue.

To be honest, the only songs we'll regularly see of TR will be (IMO) Uprising, Resistance and maybe USOE/MK Ultra because they'll feel they need to play at least 3 from it as it was their last album. They usually play most of the album they're touring (6-8 songs).

I would think they'll have to extend the setlists by about 3 songs if they don't want complaints.

I would love it If they could alternate Space Dementia/Apocalypse Please/RBS etc in the piano section throughout the tour, presumably along with USoE or a new piano track. Would improve that part so much from the last tour

Also,

i was at the first Foo Fighters gig and first time at the MK Bowl for me. awesome gig and a brilliant location (the bowl in genral not MK!LOL :p

Hey... :(

:LOL:

Actually, thinking about it:

Songs we are pretty much guaranteed to get from each album:

Plug In Baby

Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome (Could get put on rotation but oh well)

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Knights Of Cydonia (Again, could get put on rotation but only if there's a new closer from TSL)

Uprising

So, there'll be a couple more songs from TR to balance it out and as it's a recent album. So that's roughly 10 songs, add on about 6/7 from the new album which brings us to about 17 songs. They can't just stick with that so that leaves around 3-4 spots for rotational songs/rarities.

Don't forget it's also the 10th anniversary of Hullabaloo's release so perhaps there's a chance they might bring back something from that? Allright, there's no chance of that happening but how cool would that be?

Correct.

Although i suppose its not out of the question they could use Forced In as an interlude type thing, or maybe play Ashamed or Yes Please riffs after SS/New Born, which would still be fairly awesome

None of the songs on Hullabaloo held much significance though really, it was just a collection of b-sides. The only significant thing about it for them would be that it was their first live album and DVD. I doubt they'd feel the need to celebrate it.

Actually, thinking about it:

Songs we are pretty much guaranteed to get from each album:

Plug In Baby

Hysteria

Time Is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome (Could get put on rotation but oh well)

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Knights Of Cydonia (Again, could get put on rotation but only if there's a new closer from TSL)

Uprising

So, there'll be a couple more songs from TR to balance it out and as it's a recent album. So that's roughly 10 songs, add on about 6/7 from the new album which brings us to about 17 songs. They can't just stick with that so that leaves around 3-4 spots for rotational songs/rarities.

Stockholm and KoC are for sure going to be there. MoTP will be there 90% of the time. I think US will stay for sure (I hope it does). If MK Ultra becomes a regular then already the setlists are 100% than last tour. CE and Bliss will keep their traditional stadium show slots. I can't picture a Muse gig without New Born but they did say they were dropping most of Origin.

Just going to throw out their the possibility of Screenager being in some of the setlists next tour as Chris said at the end of a football game after Reading they enjoyed playing it alot and may be playing it again next tour.

I really dont see any reason why rarer OoS songs couldn't make an appearance through the tour, maybe just like 1 or 2 a night. Makes sense to play them now as they've all got new graphics and been reworked to suit the band now. Although im fairly sure thats not how its going to work...

Just going to throw out their the possibility of Screenager being in some of the setlists next tour as Chris said at the end of a football game after Reading they enjoyed playing it alot and may be playing it again next tour.

I hope so. It wouldn't be the first time Muse have hinted at bringing back rarer songs and then not doing it. But I don't know maybe actually practicing and playing them could spark some interest.

:'( I hoped that after reading they would bring songs like megalomania and dark shines back :(

If anything R/L was sort of their way of sending off those songs. So they can play the songs everyone's been asking for and then not have to do it again.

But as I said above, hopefully their minds change on one or two of them.

If anything R/L was sort of their way of sending off those songs. So they can play the songs everyone's been asking for and then not have to do it again.

But as I said above, hopefully their minds change on one or two of them.

It'll be the last time they play Darkshines, Screenager, Micro Cuts, Hyper Music, probably Space Dementia and maybe Megalomania.

They're likely to still play Bliss, Plug In Baby, New Born and Feeling Good at some point.

It'll be the last time they play Darkshines, Screenager, Micro Cuts, Hyper Music, probably Space Dementia and maybe Megalomania.

They're likely to still play Bliss, Plug In Baby, New Born and Feeling Good at some point.

Meanwhile Citizen Erased has disappeared altogether.