In a recent interview, I remember it well.

Maybe Q Magazine, not sure.

In this one http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=87432

Chris said something along the lines of that they would like to play some old songs too, but they feel it would be unfair to the new fans.

Okay, so as far as I know:

* Chris has said that they'll probably rotate the setlists around more.

* Morgan apparently said that they'll play rare B-sides this tour.

* Chris has said that they WON'T play rare/old songs.

This might just be me, but it would be really nice if they all could just get together and be consistent with what they say for once.

But then again it's probably safest to just assume that the tour will be complete shit.

Also, "unfair to new fans" has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Okay, so as far as I know:

* Chris has said that they'll probably rotate the setlists around more.

* Morgan apparently said that they'll play rare B-sides this tour.

* Chris has said that they WON'T play rare/old songs.

This might just be me, but it would be really nice if they all could just get together and be consistent with what they say for once.

But then again it's probably safest to just assume that the tour will be complete shit.

Also, "unfair to new fans" has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

:LOL: I know, I know.

Maybe they'll rotate more with album tracks, and they'll play just BH&R-TR b-sides :eek:

Prague

:LOL: I know, I know.

Maybe they'll rotate more with album tracks, and they'll play just BH&R-TR b-sides :eek:

Prague

And this album won't have any B-sides either, apparently? Awful.

I swear, the "unfair to new fans" comment really bugs me. That has to be the dumbest fucking thing I've heard any of them say since "I lost the pedal".

And this album won't have any B-sides either, apparently? Awful.

I swear, the "unfair to new fans" comment really bugs me. That has to be the dumbest fucking thing I've heard any of them say since "I lost the pedal".

Actually I don't give a fuck about b-sides in this album as long as songs are good.

Same for the tour, IF they rotate more with last three/four albums songs I could be satisfied.

Inb4 "they won't"

Agreed. Why should the new fans or casuals receive treatment over the people who stuck by them for years?

On one hand I feel like (some/a lot of) casuals are complete retards for going to gigs and expecting to only hear the songs they know.

On the other hand I feel like Muse are essentially insulting casuals by implying that they are completely incapable of liking anything that isn't TIRO, Starlight, SMBH etc.

On one hand I feel like (some/a lot of) casuals are complete retards for going to gigs and expecting to only hear the songs they know.

I don't see why they wouldn't at least expect them to play it though. Problem is for most of the last tour's sets they could've still played the big hits and thrown in a Dead Star or Bliss a little more often. If they just expanded the sets one or two songs there could even be more of a casual:hardcore balance.

I don't see why they wouldn't at least expect them to play it though. Problem is for most of the last tour's sets they could've still played the big hits and thrown in a Dead Star or Bliss a little more often. If they just expanded the sets one or two songs there could even be more of a casual:hardcore balance.

I don't have a problem with them appealing to casuals tbh. My beef with them during the TR tour essentially boils down to them appealing ONLY to casuals, more or less.

I don't have a problem with them appealing to casuals tbh. My beef with them during the TR tour essentially boils down to them appealing ONLY to casuals, more or less.

Pretty much. Some of the most loved setlists last tour only had a few rarities and that made the fans happy enough. Something like the Russian setlists, shuffled a bit over time, would've made for a great tour.

Pretty much. Some of the most loved setlists last tour only had a few rarities and that made the fans happy enough. Something like the Russian setlists, shuffled a bit over time, would've made for a great tour.

It's no coincidence that, for example, Wembley 2 was such a great gig. Better setlist with a few surprises = more fun for the band, still had plenty of hits for the casuals, and a genuine sense of not being sure what to expect next.

It's no coincidence that, for example, Wembley 2 was such a great gig. Better setlist with a few surprises = more fun for the band, still had plenty of hits for the casuals, and a genuine sense of not being sure what to expect next.

Based on recordings of course, Wembley 2 remains my favorite performance of the tour for those reasons.

Based on recordings of course, Wembley 2 remains my favorite performance of the tour for those reasons.

Oh yes, without a doubt. Wembley 2 just pissed all over every other gig up until Reading/Leeds, really. I've never been to a Muse gig where I was like "...what the...is this actually happening?", being genuinely surprised by what happened next, but I got that feeling twice at Wembley 2.

And it doesn't hurt that it had the best performances ever of Bliss and Take A Bow (imho).

And it doesn't hurt that it had the best performances ever of Bliss and Take A Bow (imho).

Take A Bow was ok, Bliss was fucking amazing. Most of their London gigs end up being the fan favorites anyways. I do hope they'll realize they don't need to play OoS in full just to please the fans, only a couple rarer songs would do it. Not expecting anything though to avoid disappointment.