[YT]

[/YT]

Isn't that the Earls Court version? That was the first time it was ever played live.

I definitely prefer the 2005 versions, although it's still great. I just wish they hadn't killed it in the studio.

• 3 weeks later...

Really? :erm:.

I actually don't really dislike anything off TR, save for Guiding Light. It just has relatively few high points, but is relatively consistent in terms of quality.

I think the biggest issue I have with TR these days is how the songs translate live - the remaining ones really are quite bland live, and the others that have ebbed away were too.

It's all just a bit flat, so-so, meh in retrospect. I'd rate it alongside T2L but for very different reasons, in so much as T2L was a really marmite album for me. The (few) high points were very high and the (many) low points were extremely low.

Tbh though, I can't remember what I thought seven years ago.

I was looking through some old threads in search for what I myself had written about the album at the time of the release, and found posts from you up until like 2011 where you were praising the album.

But then again, I praised T2L when it came :LOL:

Really? :erm:.

I actually don't really dislike anything off TR, save for Guiding Light. It just has relatively few high points, but is relatively consistent in terms of quality.

I think the biggest issue I have with TR these days is how the songs translate live - the remaining ones really are quite bland live, and the others that have ebbed away were too.

It's all just a bit flat, so-so, meh in retrospect. I'd rate it alongside T2L but for very different reasons, in so much as T2L was a really marmite album for me. The (few) high points were very high and the (many) low points were extremely low.

Tbh though, I can't remember what I thought seven years ago.

I'm fairly certain our musical covers of US and MK Ultra are knocking around on youtube somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok not a song but the second/outro riff in Execution Commentary (1:32 onwards) is seriously the chunkiest, beefiest bastard of a riff they've got imo (maybe bar the palm-mute+harmonic outro for live Assassin). Might not sound that massive on record but you know it'd be an absolute face-melter live. Wish they used it, like, ever.

Actual full songs: Invin, Map, Hoodoo, Glorious, Easily and even a bit of Starlight (soppy BH&R, basically)

I've got to be honest, I've always thought that Execution Commentary is terrible, haha! It's one of the few b-sides I've actually got rid of on my computer. I could never really take it seriously somehow.

Anyway, just having a run through BHAR and been suitably reminded how awesome City Of Delusion is. Always loved it anyway, but haven't listened to it in a while, and having it blasting out on high volume out of nowhere was a good way to get back into it.