That would be Follow me. It's incredible how this song that was far from being one of my least fabourites have grown and messed with me. It made me sentimental recently after more than a year without listening to it . And the reason was... that me and my wife are waiting to adopt a little girl. And I knew to whom Matt had written this song for.

Ive finally had my first full listen through of OoS (I know I know... blasphemy), actually not really as I've already listened to the album except space dementia, screenager, darkshines, and megalomania.

I really really LOVE darkshines. The lyrics are really nice and I can relate to them because of my current state of mind. I also have an intense liking of the solos with the trumpet FX, It's fun to hum along to it with the same notes. My favorite part of the song definitely has to be the chaotic piano in the song though, especially right when the chorus drops in with that delicious bass riff.

Ive finally had my first full listen through of OoS (I know I know... blasphemy), actually not really as I've already listened to the album except space dementia, screenager, darkshines, and megalomania.

Which makes up a lot of the album, so it is your first full listen through :LOL:

Edited by LewisF

The Oos is probaby my number one album at the moment. The transition between the track one leading into another is crazy. Probably from Citizen into Microcuts one of the finest moments.

I know what you mean. The flow from one song to another seems so seamless, it's like one gigantic string of gold.

God, I'd love to go back to that gig

Same :(:(:(

Fun as fuck to play on guitar too.

Put my main guitar in D so I can't play it at the moment :$ Got a strat at home but no amp so it's pointless to relearn it until all my stuff is back home from uni. :mad:

Same :(:(:(

Put my main guitar in D so I can't play it at the moment :$ Got a strat at home but no amp so it's pointless to relearn it until all my stuff is back home from uni. :mad:

It's quite possible to play it anyway...

• 3 weeks later...

That Lies cover ain't half bad actually. Originally thought it was dead bland and didn't really go anywhere (typical Chvrches really imo) but it's grown on me over the last few weeks. Hits my soft spot of poppy synths and meaty guitar. I can get some serious headbanging going at the end :chuckle:

Need to get it worked out on guitar.

I've had Stockholm Syndrome stuck in my head on continuous loop all evening. Brilliant song. I'm crossing my fingers that they play it live in London next month, as it's so energetic. I've been listening to Absolution a lot recently - I do like the abundance of piano. That solo in Butterflies and Hurricanes is amazing. I own the Absolution Tour DVD and I love the crowd atmosphere during that part of the song, and how Matt's fingers glide over the keys so effortlessly.

Edited by loveisour_resistance

That Lies cover ain't half bad actually. Originally thought it was dead bland and didn't really go anywhere (typical Chvrches really imo) but it's grown on me over the last few weeks. Hits my soft spot of poppy synths and meaty guitar. I can get some serious headbanging going at the end :chuckle:

Need to get it worked out on guitar.

Guitar part is good fun to play tbh. Wish Muse would do some of their own stuff in that style

...and now, after saying I wasn't bothered literally a day or two ago, I'm on a hype for TOADA :chuckle: Finally put in the effort to work it out on guitar after years of looking at it and thinking "...nope". Not sure why though, took me like 20 minutes in the end :rolleyes:

On a fresh hype for TSP as well actually. We should definitely try to get it played at a club gig/tour in the future, bet it'd be absolutely monstrous.

Guitar part is good fun to play tbh. Wish Muse would do some of their own stuff in that style

Yeah, worked it out on Monday. Dead simple but the rhythm makes it surprisingly fun and headbang-y, especially at the start of each chorus. Get a sub-octave on that bit and :facemelt: