Resistance. It's weird but whenever I wasn't listening to it I'd see it as meh, then every time it came on I'd enjoy it and think "hey it's not that bad at all" and as soon as it ended, would return to the previous meh phase.

Recently I've come to terms with my liking for it. Can't deny that bass (and the drums, and the atmosphere, and that catchy pre-chorus).

The pre-chorus is the worst thing about it.

The intro and verse is great though.

I think the "could be wrong" bit sounds cool, so that the chorus is a bit underwhelming in comparison. It's a nice build-up.

MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection. I somehow forgot these gems even existed, probably because they're never played and Matt seems to hate the whole of resistance aside of the three cheeses... :noey:

Endlessly.

I used to think this was one of the weaker tracks on Abso, but recently came across a live version of it @ Wembley in 2003 and it's absolutely spine tingling. I'd now say it's probably one of the best (if not, the best) song on Abso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most of us went through that experience of disregarding the softer songs at first and rediscovering them much later.

Never thought I'd say this about a T2L song that wasn't Animals but, y'know what, Survival. It's silly as all hell but in a fun, Revolt-y way and it's one of the meatiest things they've put out to boot.

Endlessly.

I used to think this was one of the weaker tracks on Abso, but recently came across a live version of it @ Wembley in 2003 and it's absolutely spine tingling. I'd now say it's probably one of the best (if not, the best) song on Abso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to this. The studio version floored me a few days ago. If only Muse could still do subtlety and nuance :(.

I remember Endlessly being a personal overall favourite when I was 16/17. I'd rather have that live than the ever dull Undisclosed or GL... the fantasy might be at play on that one. :chuckle:

Never thought I'd say this about a T2L song that wasn't Animals but, y'know what, Survival. It's silly as all hell but in a fun, Revolt-y way and it's one of the meatiest things they've put out to boot.

I mean, at least the music is good and fun to play, Revolt fails even on that... :D

Was gonna make a positive post about rediscovering the fun of some Showbiz and OOS b-sides but that just contaminated the page so guess I'll have to wait 'til the next one.

The Globalist. I know its a bit of a sprawling mess that barely fits together, but I do have an appreciation for the individual components that adds up to very much liking the song atm.

Darkshines. Kinda forgot it even existed(shame on me), but damn does it sound even better now that I haven't listened to it for a few weeks. Dayum.

Gotta always mention The Chord when Darkshines pops up

Exo-politics....I've had it on my phone for ages when I got BHAR on there but I always skipped it. I don't anymore, I think it's great.

Exo-politics....I've had it on my phone for ages when I got BHAR on there but I always skipped it. I don't anymore, I think it's great.

Have you heard the Absolution era version from 2005? Vastly better imo, should check it out if you haven't already :)

Have you heard the Absolution era version from 2005? Vastly better imo, should check it out if you haven't already :)

Yeah, I have actually!! It's not that bad, but I do prefer the BHAR version :)

tenor.gif

trying to calculate how this opinion is possible

the Muse fan that despises Map of the Problematique

nvm

tenor.gif

trying to calculate how this opinion is possible

nvm

I'm known for having odd and different opinions :)

Fair enough, each to their own :p

I never really got why people liked The Groove but I can't stop listening to it right now. That's how most songs work for me, though. I have to listen a number of times to like any song. Never like a song first time.

Hi! (please read my signature)

This is my first post!

I'm here because I'm a Muse fan, and I want to learn English. I think it's perfect for me reading your posts.

Then,

I recently rediscovered Futurism, Live in Japan.

I play it with my band, i'm drummer. That song is killer!