Sunburn was on the car radio back in 2001 I think when me and my family were going on holiday (we were passing through the Teignmouth area at the time funnily enough! :p) and I recall liking it even back then but I didn't actually find out it was Muse who made it until early 2009.

Who would've guessed that a song I liked when I was 5 on the radio would be by a band that, years later, would inspire me to try and make music :happy:

I first heard Muse from Twilight but I pretty much ignored SMBH (I thought it was OK but never really liked it then). I then bought the New Moon soundtrack a year later (big twi-tarfd back then) and IBTY mix was on there. I remember liking that one more than a lot of the others on the CD.

Then my stepfather went out and bought the new Guitar Hero.

I remember playing Career mode and the last song at the end of Echo's list was Uprising. I got into the song and loved it. I went and put it on my iPod, along with a few of the other songs off the game. Then one day, in the car with my mom, I ask her if her iPod adapter for cassette can take my MP3. It worked and I played Uprising for her. She demands I repeat it and tells me to "Find More Muse songs" (most times she says Moose :LOL:). So I do (mostly stuff from OoS era; some from TR; some from Absolution). I get into it more. I discover who the band members are and sign up for the main site. I become a semi-Muser.

It didn't really kick off till this summer in Canada. There I:

Got two posters, started Muse art, really got into being a boardie (stayed up late every night to do it too), bought every CD, ordered stuff off the site, got mah shirt, and requesting them on the rock line.

I went as an iffy fan. I came back as a fully-turned Muser.

I think it was in 2001 or 2002... I was at Ikea with my parents. I got bored and sat down to watch tv for a moment. And then the Unintended musicvideo came on and I fell in love.

Ooh, I would have loved that. :D

When I was five in 2000, my brother (who's three years older than me) had a friend over who was obsessed with "Muscle Museum." I had no idea what it was, but it sounded funny. I remembered the song all the way until I was reunited with it in 2009.

The first song I knew was Muse was Knights of Cydonia (which I heard honestly from Guitar Hero III), and it became my favourite song for a while.

The first song that got me into the addiction was Time is Running Out in 2009. My brother had it on his phone and I asked "what's this song?" and he said "Muse, Time is Running Out." From then on I was in love.

During the summer of 2008 I heard through MTV that Muse was going to be in the Twilight soundtrack. Interested, I looked through all of their videos on YouTube and I really liked TIRO. I also saw this show (MTV again) where Matt and Dom were presenting their best live videos. HAARP had come out earlier that year so it was mostly clips from the DVD, but they also had the EMA performance of Starlight. I watched it and thought, "Any band that has good songs AND crazy live shows must be worth getting in to!" I bought TR, Showbiz, and Absolution a year later, saw them live the year after that, and here I am today! :D

Guitar Hero 3 :p Loved playing Knights of Cydonia but I didn't fall in love so easily. Not until before the Guitar hero world tour when I checked witch songs that where on it I saw Assasin by Muse and i rekognised Muse. I looked it up on youtube and fell in love. I clicked my way to Exo-politics, live at first moment and then Map of the Problematique :)

And that was three years ago this month :D

• 2 weeks later...

Time is Running Out on Fuse. I was twelve and getting ready to move to Iowa in a couple of months. When we finally moved to Iowa, I was looking through the CDs and saw Absolution there and thought I'd try it out. I didn't care for it much at the time and the CD got left around, possibly my most damaged CD, but still works perfectly. I didn't fall in love with them until I started listening to OoS-era material two years later.

• 1 year later...

I would like to start by clarifying that the internet could just be my 2nd home. I use it too much.

This is when I first heard them

I was listening to the radio back in 2009 and Undisclosed Desires was playing on the countdown. I didn't like it -.-

I tend to be very observative and I noticed a strange noise somewhere around 0:52 and 1:17, it happened for every chorus. It sounded like a car honking 3 times, and I thought the song was weird. Also I didn't like the way Matt said "Please".

I'm sorry, I've changed now! I love that song.

This is when I started liking them

So, I watch danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil on YouTube. (and a lot of other people)

Their favourite band is Muse, and they tend to talk about it a lot.

So after a couple of months, I finally decided to listen to a live performance of Sunburn because the two of them were meowing to the song.

I didn't really like or dislike the song, but I decided to listen to more stuff because one of my friends said that I should get into better music (at that time I liked all the mainstream pop music EXCLUDING 1D and Justin Bieber:$).

I basically listened to their music while I was browsing the internet. I didn't pay much attention... but after a while I was cleaning my room and I finally started paying attention to their songs. The first song that got my attention was Starlight. The next was Big Freeze.

Not-so-slowly, my music taste evolved and I started to like a LOT of their songs. So yeah.

Sorry this was very long

Sing for Absolution music video on this Finnish TV program where a panel of music business types and celebrities evaluate&grade records ("Levyraati"), in 2004. I had heard of Muse before so I watched it keenly to hear what they actually sound like. Wasn't that impressed- still don't really care for the song, and if I recall correctly, they didn't win :LOL: I did end up getting Absolution a few months later, though.

The first thing I ever saw from them was the Bliss video on TV when I was about 9, and when I was looking them up on YouTube when I was 15 and found the video again I had a flashback to that day. I was so confused about why he was falling :LOL: I thought it was cool but my mum was in the room and she was just like "what the feck is this crap on the telly" I don't know why I remember it so vividly but I do.

Growing up, my brother and I played endless amounts of the Gran Turismo games, including Gran Turismo 3, which features "Sober" on the soundtrack. Didn't realize this until recently, so I heard that song many, many times in the game without knowing who they were, and long before I became a fan.

heard their version feeling good on the tv around 2004/ 2005 then forgot about them until 2006 when new born started playing in games workshop, I had to stop everything I was doing because I thought the song was so cool and then went over to a staff member to ask what the song was called and who wrote it

Sing for Absolution music video on this Finnish TV program where a panel of music business types and celebrities evaluate&grade records ("Levyraati"), in 2004. I had heard of Muse before so I watched it keenly to hear what they actually sound like. Wasn't that impressed- still don't really care for the song, and if I recall correctly, they didn't win :LOL: I did end up getting Absolution a few months later, though.

Haha I remember watching that program when I was a kid, but can't remember seeing Muse there... Well I was 8 years then so no wonder.

The first time hearing Muse was in 2007, I think. I was watching a music channel with my parents and saw Knights of Cydonia there and thought it was interesting. I was still too stupid to start listening them properly, that happened a little over two years ago I guess when I bought GH3... Why so late :/

My cousins are big Muse fans and would listen to them constantly, so it would always be around me but I wouldn't pay much attention in my young age of about 10.

I then saw the video for Plug in Baby on Kerrang and liked the song, and then saw Time is Running Out on the same channel a few months later. This was in 2005 or something.

I didn't really pay much attention to them until I heard Supermassive Black Hole, then I bought Black Holes & Revelations and the rest is history.

Archived