First heard them on mtv was sitting having a bad day just got told my dad was dying with cancer. After years of looking for him he was being taken from me.Then i heard starlight cried my eyes out. went and bought the album havent stopped listening to them since helped me through some hard times. thanx guys xxx;)

the first time I heard Muse when I saw the music video of Bliss..I think it was 2001 or 2002..

My first thought was that the singer was "a freak who has red hair"... but then I realized that the "freak" has really nice voice and the song was amazing!!!

The day after that I bought my first Muse cd...Origin of symmetry and since then I'm a Muse fan!!

By the way.. I don't think Matt is a "freak"!!:D

My first Muse song was from the CD named The Album back in 2002. The song was In Your World.

Matt playing piano at the beginning... and then those awesome guitar riffs... I was like in a rock paradise. WAAAAH!!!:awesome:

My first one was KoC from guitar hero 3 :LOL:

I couldn't beat the fucking song so I was thinking "this band is shit :mad:" so I bought it on iTunes (it always helps me beat the songs) so I finally beat it. Then I bought starlight and well at the time that song meant everything to me...

After... 2 years I think I still live my life by their lyrics.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard Supermassive Black Hole when I was little and I enjoyed it, I then watched it on Youtube about 8 months ago and I didn't know about Muse, so I looked up loads and loads of songs by them because I hadn't heard of them and I was like, 'Wow, they are really good!' So I bought CD's and really enjoyed them so I became hooked!

I love Muse so much now :D

Bye!

-Connie-

My first was "Starlight". Believe me I was pissed that I had never heard of MUSE. How anyone can live without their influence is beyond me. Anyways, this new guy at work whom I absolutely loathed left it playing on his iPhone while doing backwork at the restaurant where we worked. As soon as I got home I downloaded the album and became instantly dependent. Muse overwhelmed me with such intense emotions and feelings that I felt guilt. "Forgive me father, for I have sinned". I cheated on my spouse with this asshole at work because MUSE made me do it.

My first song was Time is Running Out in late 03/early 04 (don't quite remember, just know that it was when I was 14). We got a computer in 2003 and I started making friends online, and a friend from England sent me that song. I liked it quite a bit, so he sent me Hysteria and Newborn too. That was pretty much all I heard from Muse until more like 2005 when I met a friend who sent me Sunburn, CE, PiB, Muscle Museum and a few others. Shortly after that I started buying CDs as I could find them. Now I am hooked!

• 2 weeks later...

I found them on youtube for this fanvid that someone made for Pride and Prejudice. It was their cover of "Can't take my eyes off you." I already liked the song and I liked what they did with it. I looked for more of their songs, but I admit I didn't really like them at that time. Then I saw another fanvid that had Unintended, I thought it was absolutely brilliant. So for a while I only had "can't take my eyes off you," "unintended," and"sing for absolution on my iPod. But then I slowly started looking into their music and I've never been the same since. They have become my favorite band. :happy:

:facepalm:

I heard of them through my mom. Well, first, this girl and my mom were being little fangirls and the girl started playing them on her iPod. This was right after The Resistance came out. I listened a little, but I really didn't get into them. On the way home, me and my mom were listening to the radio when Uprising came on. I said, "I like this song." (I didn't know it was Muse) and she practically screamed, "THIS IS MUSE!" The next day she went to the library and got BHaR and The Resitance CDs. This was the start of my Muse obsession. xD

I have to admit it was Twilight and "Supermassive". I had never heard their music played on the radio ever, and still haven't here. I bought "Black Holes and Revelations" and played it to absolute death. I also have to admit that up until about 8 months ago, I thought that Muse were the bald old dudes on the cover. I loved the music so much that it didn't matter, and I kept listening. I finally looked up Knights of Cydonia on youtube because even thought they were ugly and old, I just HAD to see how that song looked live. It was one of the most unbelievable songs I had ever heard. Imagine how happy I was to find out that they were HOT and my age. Ah....what a great day that was.

Since then, I have fallen in love with all their music. As far as the whole Twilight thing goes, I don't like the movie at all. Don't yell at me, it's a personal preference. I do think Stephanie Meyer is pretty cool, and like her other book. However, I do have the movie to thank for exposing me the best music on the face of the planet...and beyond. :-)

2004, "Hysteria" in Portland, Oregon. I went out and bought Absolultion, listened to it to death that week, then went to the import store and got Origin of Symmetry. Then Showbiz. I loved that import store! My boys, then 11 and 8, loved them too. The radio station was playing Hysteria to promote their upcoming concert. I think tickets were around $10 or so? It was at a small club venue and that was the first time I saw them. The funny thing was, they were the opening act for Secret Machines. I think most people in line were there to see Muse though! I've since seen them 7 times and the venues keep getting bigger and bigger! My sons saw them in San Francisco in 2007 as their first concert when they were 14 and 11, and we're all going as a family this October :)

I'm ashamed of saying this , knowing you guys will hate me hahaha, but it was around 2007, I saw the "midnight posion" ad, from Dior, and thought "it's really cool and she's sooo gorgeous" (I'm a girl, but its impossible not to think that about eva green) and then it was like the music is purely awesome! whose this? and there it was Muse !!! I had heard starlight before, and some others, but I never really gave them the attention they deserved til watching this ad! I still consider space dementia one of my favorites! Saw them lately on concert (they finally cameback to my country!) and my love turned into obsession ! hahahaha

Time is RUnning Out about 5 years ago when i was 14 or so.... I loved it so much but really didnt care about any bands at that point...

then heard starlight and SMBH when my sis downloaded them when BHAR came out....

haha i actually only figured out TIRO was by Muse about 8 months ago...heard Uprising and searched muse on youtube (i figured out the internet! actually we just got it at home so it was all new to me!) and saw on the sidebar "Muse-Time is Running Out"

i was like :eek: that, that song! i love it! then i loved muse forever:D

I had heard several songs not knowing who they actually were:$, they have so many different sounds. The one that hooked into me and wouldn't let go was Uprising on a local college station last October, 2009. It fit with so much of the crud that was going on with my friends and I and feuding neighbors. I think I called the station like 20 times before I gave up and did a Google lyric search. Then I was like a ravenous she wolf I couldn't get enough.;) I started looking up videos, snapping up albums, driving my Husband "my Bodyguard" crazy in the process. So he looked them up at work one day and he got hooked. We went to the concert in Chicago in March and were seriously looking into the following show in Detroit. We are going to the St. Louis show in November, and have family in Columbus and are seriously considering going to that show back to back with St. Louis.

:musesign::matt::chris::dom::musesign:What can I say "I'm Hooked!!!" :musesign::matt::chris::dom::musesign:

First song I ever hear was Unintended. The music video kept going on a music channel. I liked it a little, but not so much.

Then, years later, I played Knights of Cydonia on Guitar Hero. Didn't like it so much then(:eek:). But later, I played with my sister's iPod touch. She didn't have any music that I liked, but she had BH&R, so I listened to KoC. Next came Starlight, and I think I recognized that one, and liked it. I started listening to those two songs, and heard (and loved) TIRO too. From that point, I just discovered more and more songs, and now I can't imagine my life without them. :musesign:

The first song I heard was Supermassive Black Hole on the Twilight soundtrack. I friggin hated it. Then, about a year later, I heard Stockholm Syndrome on Pandora.com, and I had no idea whether I liked it or not, it was so different. Finally, after the Musical March Madness contest on MTV.com, (I was voting like crazy for AFI), I came onto the boards and asked for reccomendations. I think the first song out of those recommendations I listened to was New Born, and I absolutely loved it.

Archived