A couple of years ago, someone played me the hysteria music video because he said that is the best bass line to start learning the bass with. I said: cool music, but I didn't pay attention to it much. About two years later I coincidentally stumbled upon KoC live from Wembley and I got thrown in the realm of Muse :)

I said to myself: This is rock!

I am not saying I've been a fan since then, but the first time I heard Muse was at a social gathering (can't call it a party) when I was 11 or 12. Unintended was a given, because at these gatherings all people did was: the girls giggling in one corner, the boys trying to act cool in another, and at some point we felt there was some odd obligation to slow-dance. To a general mix of Westlife and rock ballads. So yeah.

Butterflies and Hurricanes on F105 for PS2 :p Got it about 4 months after the game was released, adored the song ever since. Mind, I didn't bother to look for the song until about 3 years later so I could put it on my iPod, next came SMBH, Koc, Bliss, SS, and S4A. Little did I know that F105 would end up being the most expensive game I had ever bought :p

• 2 weeks later...

Back in like 2003, whenever Time is Running Out started to get really popular. I think I was in 7th or 8th grade. I remember hearing it on the radio, googling the lyrics to find out info about the song, then going to the mall to buy Absolution. Then I remember taking my CD player EVERYWHERE and listening to Absolution over and over again..

• 5 months later...

just curious. I was bored in barnes and noble and bought the 1st cd that looked interesting, which happened to be HAARP. Same day I bought the NME special on muse for something to read. I've been addicted ever since, seen them live twice, can play most of there songs on bass :D that was the best random thing i ever did!

Pretty sure there's a thread like this somewhere, but I'm bored so…

Basically about 8 years ago one of my friends asked me to help him learn a song on piano. It was Apocalypse Please. I heard it and my face went :awesome: and I never looked back. :p

Though actual obsession didn't come until 2007 after their gig in MSG which my sister and brother-in-law went to (and didn't tell me *still bitter*). They showed me videos they took and I was just like OH MY GOOOOD THEY ARE AAMAAAAAZZZIIIIINNNGGG :pope: and yeah. :$

uhmm, coming up on 4 years now (holy shit) freshman year in HS i heard my two friends constantly talk about the same bands over and over again. The only 2 I remember were Flight of the Concords and Muse. I just so happened to have bought an ipod around the same time so I had one of my friends put all his muse on my ipod.

Hooked since. I eventually got all the albums (not legally :$) but then went out and bought all of their CD's including HAARP and Hullabaloo. :D

Gotta see them for the first time last year and will never forget it.

My dad was watching tye Teignmouth gig on TV, I was bored and decided to watch it with him. So that must've been a year and a half ago now :happy: I recognised some of the songs like TiRO, Starlight and PiB, KoC because my dad and brother would play them in the car quite alot :happy: and straight after the gig went off, Uprising was on one of the music channels, I loved it! So I went to HMV and bought all of their albums :) and about 10 months ago I joned the boards :awesome: I got to see them at Wembley which was really an amazing experience that I'll never forget! And I'm hopefully gonna see them next time they come to the UK :dance:

So I've been obsessd for about a year and a half :happy:

I actually don't remember :eek:, I was into them back in 2006 when I heard Knights, Assassin, TiRO and a few others...fail to recall how they got into my media library. But wasn't fanatic about them till last year when I saw the Undisclosed Desires video playing while I was tenpin bowling with my cousins. :chuckle: Next day I went out and bought The Resistance, BH&R and Absolution. Bought the rest of the Albums and DVD's a week or so later. Been obsessed with them for about a year now.

Unfortunately, I first heard of them through Twilight... but I didn't really get any of their other songs until my bestie who liked SMBH as well downloaded TR. She gave it to me, and I listened to it and loved it, and she hated it.. :/

Then I got HAARP and BH+R from the local library... then about 6 months later I found out about the Aus tour, and decided that it would be amazing, so I asked to go. So for the buildup, I bought Absolution on one shopping trip, Showbiz and OOS on another, Hullabaloo, then BH+R...

The day before the concert, I decided to start watching heaps of Youtube vids, and got slightly obsessed in time for the concert. Then I got completely obsessed the day after. And I haven't turned back... even got the aforementioned bestie obsessed... she's now NewlyMused...

hehe :D

As Tofu said, there might already be a thread, but I'm bored..

Erm, I heard and liked Supermassive Black Hole, and that was the first Muse song I recognised as being a song by Muse, but what really got me into them was some free CD that came with Kerrang that had the Hullaballoo version of Citizen Erased on it. It blew my mind. I've loved them since.

The first time I heard Muse was on the Triple J Hottest 100 for 2007, when Knights took first place. I remember keeping up with it on various forums, and everyone was going "Knights had better win! Or shit will hit the fan!" Then the song played and my reaction was... wtf is this shit? :LOL:

A couple of months later, I heard Hysteria on a Youtube video. It took around 5 seconds to completely and utterly blow my fucking mind. Downloaded Absolution; this was the first of two times when I sat there anxiously waiting for an album to finish downloading. The second was when TR was released.

Archived