Unknowingly was feeling good on that advert. Knowingly was knights of cyndonia on guitar hero 3. I only became a fan after hearing assassin a few times on guitar hero 4. I feel a little bad that it was guitar hero that introduced me but at least it is not twilight.

I'm so glad I didn't find out about muse through twilight or guitar hero, I don't think I could take the muser guilt... :( My only regret is not finding out about them sooner so we could have had a longer history! All the way from showbiz! :dance:, but I was about 6 years old when showbiz was released, and america didn't really get into muse until quite late so I'll keep regretting it :( my friend showed me muse during the BHR era when I was 13, loved it :happy:.

I'm so glad I didn't find out about muse through twilight or guitar hero, I don't think I could take the muser guilt... :( My only regret is not finding out about them sooner so we could have had a longer history! All the way from showbiz! :dance:, but I was about 6 years old when showbiz was released, and america didn't really get into muse until quite late so I'll keep regretting it :( my friend showed me muse during the BHR era when I was 13, loved it :happy:.

I agree with the Twilight/Guitar hero comment, but I don't think the path really matters. If you are a fan, you are a fan!! Don't get me wrong, I love ALL Vampires, yes even the sparkly ones. But I am NOT a Twilight "Fan". I haven't read the books and I've only seen each of the movies Once in Theater. Granted I found the guys after Twilight, but that was not my path - the local college station was. (As I posted previously.) {I'm older than the guys!}

:musesign: I'm hooked and NOBODY better remove the hooks!!!:musesign:

I "discovered" Muse after Twilight (I can't believe it's not longer ago :stunned:). I saw the movie, and I was like "Meh. The movie was stupid. Stupid sparkly gay vampires. Kinda liked that baseball-scene, though..." My subconsciousness loved Muse already :awesome:

I discovered Muse in 2008 with Knights of Cydonia.

I re-discovered Muse with Uprising in early November this past year, when I actually took the effort to listen to it on the internet. 3 weeks later and 10 Muse songs on my iPod I hear it on the radio.

The first time I heard Muse was about 2003/04. My sister had the Absolution album on the computer and I placed all their songs on my shuffle. I liked the songs but I was more into Snow Patrol (final straw heard through virginradio) at that time. Became slightly more obsessed when I heard starlight for the first time. But became absolutely hung up with muse after going to my first muse concert last March

Well...mine was like this...

A few years ago I was doing my school project in front of the TV and they were showing "Live From Abbey Road: MUSE"

I stopped doing my project and just sat on my sofa fixed on the TV.

That weekend I went to a record store and bought "Origin of Symmetry" and "Black Holes and Revelations"

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my horrible, awful, shameful confession (:LOL:)

I discovered Muse back in 2006, about two weeks or so before BH&R came out. The first song I heard was Sing for Absolution, then TiRO, and I was hooked from the start ;) I went out and bought the entire Absolution CD, and was THRILLED to find out that they already had a new CD coming out so soon too hahaha. It took me a little longer to get into their old stuff too (I was too lazy at first to look at their older releases lmao), but I very quickly did!

And the rest is history ;)

But here's the shameful part --

I discovered Muse because I really liked the book Twilight (this was back before the 2nd Twilight book had even come out) and I was interested when Stephenie Meyer said she was inspired by Muse, so I looked them up :facepalm: But I still defend that my situation is completely different than just hearing SMBH in the Twilight movie and going "zOMG I love this because it was in Twilight!"

It's different, right...? :unsure:

Back in 2001, my uncle dragged my to see a band i'd never heard of. I was 13, and it was my first ever gig.

Muse at the De Montfort Hall, Leicester. I actually hated them, i didn't enjoy it at all.

When we got home, my uncle gave me Showbiz & OoS and steadily, over a period of months i became gradually hooked. By 2004, i was a proper Muser, with Earls being the first Muse show i elected to go to.

It was in 2004 and I was 13/14 years old. I was getting ready for school and decided to turn on MTV to watch a couple of music videos. I was brushing my teeth when I heard the intro to Hysteria, so I walked back into my bedroom to watch the video and sat on my bed with my toothbrush hanging from my mouth. GAWD! It was epic. :LOL:

Then a couple of days later I started to kind of tune into the muse sound on the radio and began to really like TiRO. A couple of weeks later I bought the album.

What really sucked is that at the time I wasn't aloud to go to concerts, so I waited until the release of BHaR, my dad said that I could go (I was 16) but he said that I had to get the money myself... I didn't have a job. So I spent a whole 2 weeks trying to win tickets to the concert in Seattle and a chance to play pool with muse... I didn't get through until the last try...I got caller number 6 instead of 7. I was on the verge of tears.

What's funny is that the girl that won the night I got caller number 6 is one of my Muser friends now. :LOL:

Yeah, but I've loved them ever since I saw that music video. I wasn't obsessed until BHaR came out though. Back in 2003/2004 I was way obsessed with David Bowie and Harry Potter. When BHaR came out I realized that DB wasn't going to release another album and that Muse were pretty much the greatest band ever, so I officially became obsessed.

I wished I joined the forum earlier though. I just really never had an interest in the internet until recently. I've missed out on so much!

• 3 weeks later...

My dad was watching the Teignmouth gig on TV. I came in and heard United States of Eurasia, I loved it!!! My eyes were glued to the screen!! Then it was bloody adverts! So he switched over to Kerrang! Uprising was on! I loved that too especially the video! The evil teddies were awesome! So I asked my dad about the band and if he had some more albums that I could listen to.

I first heard Muse at my friend's house in 2002/2003, who played the Origin of Symmetry to me. But it wasn't the love at the first hearing ;)

The first song I heard was Bliss and tbh, at first I thought "WTH is that?!?". But my friend gave the CD to me and said: "Give it one more listen and if you come back to me tomorrow saying it's crap there's nothing that I can do for you anymore... ;)" I was like: "OK" and then magic happened... I listened to the whole CD on my head phones,at night and that was it for me, I fell in love with the music and with Matt's unique voice.

I've been a fan ever since and I can still remember that really amazing feeling, when I was listening to OoS for the very first time = it was one of those EPIC moments I'll never forget.

And tbh, I've never felt antyhing like it ever again while listening to any other CD.

I only regret I didn't join the board earlier ... ;(

My first song was Supermassive Black Hole. I was on a guitar forum and some guy asked how to install a Kaoss Pad so that he could sound like the solo in the HAARP live version. He had a link for Supermassive Black Hole HAARP on youtube and I watched it but thought it was rubbish. It wasn't till a month or two later I went searching on youtube to find out what all this hype is about Muse, I watched Knights of Cydonia HAARP and that was it :)

I first discovered Muse in 2007, when I was listening to an AlternRock music channel on TV. This is where I heard Starlight, and it literally blew my mind away. It was the best thing I heard that day.

I downloaded the song and a few others like TIRO and SMBH, but didn't really bother to discover more of them cause I was searching for other bands to listen to. So, I didn't listen to them much between 2007-2009, other than those few popular songs.

However, when The Resistance was released later last year, I decided to download their album and rediscover Muse. I was blown away, for the second time, at this masterpiece of a gem. It was absolutely like nothing I have heard before. It didn't sound indie, or mainstream, or regular rock. It was like a swirly combination of everything, made special by Matt's unconventional and beautiful vocals. After listening to the album a loads of times, I listened to the entire Muse discography, and I must say, there really is no song that I didn't like. Of course, there were a few songs that I initially didn't want to listen to, namely the rockier ones cause I wasn't into that, but I eventually got into them.

I barely listened to music before I got into Muse cause I thoroughly dislike most mainstream music. ( I watched a Mariana's Trench video and I had to stop watching a quarter of the way because my ears were going to implode.)

But now, Muse has given me hope that there is some awesome music out there, waiting to be discovered.

I first heard Muse at my friend's house in 2002/2003, who played the Origin of Symmetry to me. But it wasn't the love at the first hearing ;)

The first song I heard was Bliss and tbh, at first I thought "WTH is that?!?". But my friend gave the CD to me and said: "Give it one more listen and if you come back to me tomorrow saying it's crap there's nothing that I can do for you anymore... ;)" I was like: "OK" and then magic happened... I listened to the whole CD on my head phones,at night and that was it for me, I fell in love with the music and with Matt's unique voice.

I've been a fan ever since and I can still remember that really amazing feeling, when I was listening to OoS for the very first time = it was one of those EPIC moments I'll never forget.

And tbh, I've never felt antyhing like it ever again while listening to any other CD.

I only regret I didn't join the board earlier ... ;(

Not being a fan of muse back in those days is one of my biggest regrets ever :( so many more good times could have been had :'(

I became a fan around when black holes came out and I was in Middle School. This guy was basically spamming me with a bunch of their music videos (Knights first, then Invincible I think) and I didn't particularly pay attention. But I looked into them anyways , heard the 30 second clip of supermassive, then saw the entire music video for bliss. And I fell completely in love :D

I only heard about them towards the end of 08, TIRO was my first song. I think I was on Youtube, and accidentally clicked the TIRO vid instead of the one I was searching for, but then it came on and I just looked like :eek:. Then I gradually became obsessed. :LOL:.

Then last year, there was a HUGE Resistance poster in the little village I livbe in, and i recognized the name, Muse, and did a major freak out. (I was walking home from school) and my friends just sort of stood there looking at me like :wtf:.

Then I learned that my dad liked them :chuckle:

and for me being deaf, not bad eh? :p

Archived