It was back in 2006, right before BH&R came out. I (unfortunately/shamefully) first heard about them through book Twilight. Stephenie Meyer kept talking about them as an inspiration and I was like "Hmm... who are these guys?"

So I looked them up and the first two songs I came across were SfA and TiRO. This prompted me to go out and buy Abso. It was basically love at first listen and I never looked back. :p

I think it was somewhere in 2005/2006 that my brother was playing some songs of Absolution. I thought 'hmm this shit is pretty good' and went to listen a bit aswell. I actually became a fan in 2006 when BHaR came out. Since that moment I've seen them live 4 times :)

Around the summer of 2008 I had heard of Muse mainly because of SMBH being on the Twilight soundtrack that fall ( I hate Twilight I swear!) so I looked up their videos on YouTube. I was pretty impressed by how they sounded and their creative videos but eventually forgot about them. Later on in the summer, I saw a tv special where Dom and Matt were showing videos of their live performances and then I got interested, but not enough to actually buy any of their cds. A year later I started listening to them again and I finally bought Showbiz, Absolution, The Resistance, and HAARP (all the Muse cds I could find in my town!) and I've been hooked since! :D

I first heard Muse when they were on Saturday Night Live in December 2009. I honestly was a big U2 fan, so I was skeptical about them as they were opening for U2. When they came on I was a bit put off by the Uprising bassline (which ironically I now love :p). however i stayed to listen to the next song which was Starlight. When that bassline came in i just turned off the TV :p I wasn't a fan. But i kept hearing more and more about them from my friends, so I bought Uprising and Resistance (I was put off from buying the whole album b/c of the "symphony" at the end :rolleyes:) I didn't like his voice on Uprising. Then I heard Resistance, and everything changed. Slowly I grew into loving them, but it wasn't until this summer when I started watching interviews and whatnot on youtube and bought concert tickets that I really became obessed. from 2 songs on one album to 301 songs on god knows how many albums :rolleyes::LOL:

Back in 2008 a friend through Xbox LIVE sent me a YouTube link to the Time Is Running Out music video. I was a bit weirded out by the video, but I like the music.

But it wasn't until a few months later that I actually became interested in checking out more of their music (stupid me :facepalm:). My friend had burned a mixed CD for our swim team to listen to while we did our out-of-water exercises, and Muse happened to be on the list. So here we all were, at 5AM in the morning, running around, blasting music on the speakers, and Supermassive Black Hole comes on. It blew my mind. I quickly found out who the band was (Oh yeah! I remember who Muse is) and what the song was called, and bought it as soon as I got home.

I bought Knights of Cydonia some time later, and added songs like Hysteria, Plug In Baby and Time Is Running Out to my wish list (sadly iTunes cards only last a little while).

But my obsession didn't start until The Resistance was released, and I was like "Hey, I like Muse, I should buy this". I had the rest of their albums very soon after that, watched every interview I could find, bought tickets to a gig, and the rest is history.

Bought Formula-1 05 for playstation 2 around 07, and Butterflies and Hurricanes was the intro music. I spent ages looking for that song in the instruction manual, but then forgot about it. The game was scratched eventually, and I forgot about it. I then bought it a year later when it was on sale for like, $5 so I got it again, heard the song again and then decided I'd google it. Found it, downloaded it (illegally) and then proceeded to have my mind blown. I HAD NO IDEA IT HAD AN AMAZING PIANO SOLO NEAR THE END D:. So yeah, I then watched the haarp version, was amazed. Went on muse download spree on limewire, SMBH, KoC, SS, S4A, Hysteria, Starlight. I was so amazed, so I then downloaded all the albums off Pirate Bay. I have since then bought all the albums from JB-HIFI, as I felt a little guilty :p

Ok, I admit it was when I saw Twilight. I heard SMBH and said to my cousins right then in the cinema, "I have to have this soundtrack, who the hell was that?". I tracked down the soundtrack, played it and then only listened to that one track. Did a search at the library and found HAARP, played it and proceeded to purchase all discs, DVDs etc. I realized I had heard Hysteria on an ad on the ABC for Wire in the Blood - perfect match (love that show). So there you are, history. Now I wander around this forum every evening when I sit with mini-Muser no.2 while he goes to sleep holding my hand.

Saw the US Stockholm Syndrome video on MTV back in 2004 or 2005. At the time I was into metal but wasn't a fan of the vocals, and Muse seemed like a mix of heavy riffs and good vocals, so I fell in love immediately. :LOL:

They're nothing like that anymore, but oh well.

Even before that, I heard Muscle Museum on my Yahoo! Radio player, but I didn't think much of it. Not heavy enough. :LOL:

i saw this commercial that Muse are coming to Finland,and they played 2 seconds of UD and i liked it so i went to youtube to search it:p Then i listened to MK Ultra,Uprising and Resistance..But on my bd i got Showbiz as a present so thats where it really got started

My dad has always played them, but i didn't really listen, and i heard them the odd couple of times on the radio, but didn't know who they were, but i have to admit the first of their songs i listened to was SMBH cause i was listening to the Twilight soundtrack :erm: and thought it was really good, so i went on youtube and listened to some more, and my dad had sky +'d their performance at Glastonbury so i decided to watch it and thought they were brilliant :D

I really do feel ashamed when I read all yours... I discovered Muse through the game World of Warcraft (that my friend got me into, so thanks to him I'm a Muse-fan). Anyway, I was watching a clip about something in-game and Showbiz was on it. I thought it was a bit heavy for a guy like me :p but eventually I was stuck.

I should say that I also got my dad into Muse now! :D

I knew of Muse as "that band whats-her-face thanked in every twilight book". A friend gave me some of their music, but I wasn't gonna listen to it cause I hated twilight and thought that Muse would suck too... However, listened to SMBH and was bowled over by how sexy it was. It was CoD that really got me addicted though. It has the best strings ever.

Hmm, its quite a hard question. I had always heard their songs and listened to their stuff, always liked them, but not in a fan type of way, but just because I liked the songs. I loved Hysteria. That was one I always listened to. It was mainly because of my sister, she listened to them so I caught a few of their songs and loved them. This was probably about 5 Years ago. Feeling Good was another. And my dad also listened to them, he had BHaR on his iPod so I would listen to that. I hate to say it but twilight (I used to be a fan :$ ) gave me a steer in the right direction. I got tickets for Wembley back in 2009, and I was a fan back then, but not like I am now. And basically all of my family are fans of muse at some extent so alot of us were going. Throughout the year I was listening to them on youtube. What really turned me was Wembley Stadium. I said that nothing could ever top that night. Not to be cheesey but it literally changed my life. After that I bought every album.

Egh it makes me feel ashamed that I didn't listen to them earlier, missed out on alot, I used to listen to shit music. Sorry for the essay :LOL:

• 6 months later...

I had heard their name before, but never really listened, heard Uprising,but I was way into country music ( :vomit: ) to care. Then I changed my nickname to Muse (before I became a fan) and someone asked if I liked them I took a gander. First song I heard was Starlight, I as like, "Meh." Fell in love after SMBH. My aunt had BHaR, so I borrowed it and then I was a fan. The person, after I said yeah, I do, said "*imagines you listening to Undisclosed Desires* o_0"

Starlight,I think,a couple of years ago.A band was performing it on X-Factor and I liked it so much that I tried to find the exact video on YouTube(the one with that band on the show:facepalm)but I couln't find the band's name.

And after a year a friend of mine played UD on her MP4 player and after that it was Bliss.I fall i love with them:p

Archived