• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Good

The riff

It's catchy enough

Bad

The lyrics are horrendous

While the riff is good, it feels a bit lazy to just work something old into a song now

We've pretty much heard the same song before with Uprising

5/10 at best, hopefully the rest of the album is a massive improvement, don't think I could handle another 2nd Law :mad:

Good

While the riff is good, it feels a bit lazy to just work something old into a song now

It didn't do The Stranglers any harm with Golden Brown. :p

I like the song but, as some have said, the swearing is a bit unnecessary.

Everybody can have their own opinion, but after two trash albums I'm just glad to hear any slight return to form. Even that aside, Psycho has some great melodies. I mean honestly, if you cut some of the lamer lyrics from the song and made 1999 matt sing this, it would fit right in. I like the 2nd last drill sergeant part, that shit is hilarious. YOU-ARE-A-PUSSY.

I think those of you expecting OoS II come every new album announcement are going to be disappointed every time. Every band has their high point, their ultimate climax, their greatest creation.

Okay but seriously, if every other sing is exactly as good as Psycho, it's already twice as good as their last two albums. Go Muse. "Love will get you nowhere" is infinitely better than "oohh yeah baby love you 4 eva I wanna fix you baby gonna exorcize those demons ohhh yeah guiding light baby love ya our love is kray kray babe"

It's a grower in just one day. I don't know if that means I'll be sick of it by the end of the week.

I don't mind the drill sergeant parts. I don't particularly like them, but it's obviously done tongue-in-cheek (really ott in general, just listen to the soldier guy's scream) as are the lyrics about "your ass belongs to me".

Obviously the danger of humor in music is what is left when the novelty wears off. Right now it feels like a fun song.

IMO Explorers, Big Freeze, Resistance, Guiding Light, NSC.

I never understood the Explorers hate. :noey:

Anyways, I really like Psycho and I find Matt's voice really interesting in this track despite the lyrics. I think it would be easier to listen to repeatedly without the drill sergeant part also because it kind of takes away from the potential song trance.

The fact that it's repetitive (albeit a little boring after repeated listens) makes me feel that Muse are brainwashing us all..........

Quite hypnotic, if you think about it.:stunned:

And at least there's new muse material, yep.

HOOLLYYY hell my face melted when I heard this last night, it's SOOOO fucking epic! :facemelt: Absolutely love it!! Lyrics are typically meh, although 'your ass belongs to me now' is just hilarious :LOL: but ughh that riff is divine! I cannot WAIT to see this live next week, it's gonna be fucking insaaaane. It's just what I've been waiting for from them: heavy as fuck, gritty, sexy bass, and the best thing ever to headbang/mosh to… bring on the Psycho Tour!! :\mm/::musesign:

HOOLLYYY hell my face melted when I heard this last night, it's SOOOO fucking epic! :facemelt: Absolutely love it!! Lyrics are typically meh, although 'your ass belongs to me now' is just hilarious :LOL: but ughh that riff is divine! I cannot WAIT to see this live next week, it's gonna be fucking insaaaane. It's just what I've been waiting for from them: heavy as fuck, gritty, sexy bass, and the best thing ever to headbang/mosh to… bring on the Psycho Tour!! :\mm/::musesign:

That's the spirit!

I hated it at first, the lyrics are terrible, the drill sergeant bit is cringe-worthy, it's repetitive and the riff isn't enough to hold the entire song up - but now I actually really like it. Pro tip - remove the intro and don't watch the video, it's 100 times better.

I would have preferred it to progress more as it's an underdeveloped 6 minute song that doesn't really go anywhere, but it's a fun song nontheless with a great riff and some nonsensical lyrics.

To enjoy it you just have to not take it seriously. I honestly feel like Matt wrote it to mess with us/as a joke, with the tone of the intro and the lyric video it builds itself to be this dead serious heavy rock song but in reality it's not that at all. Like a Panic Station level of seriousness. Just look at the makeup on the drill sergeant and the lyrics "Super Drone" (which is hilarious) and the really well sung part that you unknowingly sing along to "Your ass belongs to me now". It's not a serious song at all. Taken through that lens it's quite enjoyable.

^ The solo is good, but like many of his, it doesn't particularly go anywhere.

I'll forgive the solo if he uses the Whammy live with it.

On my first listen, what bothered me was that I couldn't find the heart and emotions in it, that I always expect from Muse. Then the solo came along, and i was like, there it is. :happy: