Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

these lyrics are worse than survival's in my opinion, not sure they should bother me so much but they do. it'd be better without the drill sergeant shit and a hell of a lot better without the 'your ass belongs to me now' :stunned:

So does that mean he likes it or he doesn't? I know he doesn't typically like Muse.

He doesn't like it, he wanted some subtlety with its theme (understandably)

I think we should note the matching jackets in the video. How adorable.

They remind me of Coldplay

I'm really digging the track. Especially the over-the-top 'your ass belongs to me now', you just gotta sing along. It's corny, pretentious and I love it.

Also, and it's pretty superficial, but still, it reminded me with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52jAYa4Pm8.

The most obvious is the 'pyscho killer'-lyric ofcourse.

But I think the bass- and guitarline is a bit similar too, they both got the big 'hook' at the end of the riffs, though Muse's is a lot heavier/more distorted.

I love the main (old) riff. But the vocal melody is really uninspiring/forgettable and the song never really progresses beyond that initial awesome riff.

It actually got kind of boring. Within a single listen. That worries me rather. Still makes the album sound more promising than The 2nd Law though!

I'd describe that "your ass belongs to me" (or the whole song) with anything but "pretentious", really. They know it's hilariously bad and they don't care.

I think this is actually one of the best bits :LOL:

Still much better than the first songs we heard from BHAR, TR and T2L

So I've been listening to it since the video initially posted. Pre-ordered and got the actual track.

I'm going to give it a solid 8.5/10.

- Solid production and tones all around.

- Vocal delivery is stellar.

- The drill Sargent is a bit irritating after a bit, but makes contextual sense (so happy the intro one isn't in the actual track).

- Lyrics are a bit so-so yet delivery makes up for it and than some.

- This will no doubt be a beast live.

Can't wait for Dead Inside and the rest of the album. :)

EDIT:

In context to the rest of the album it sounds like our protagonist, lets call him Steve, has either:

- been converted and is now converting others into drones and this is his perspective

- or is in the process of being converted and this song is in the view of the person converting our poor buddy Steve