Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

So uh, we know pretty much nothing about the album again now that the IG videos have almost always been Psycho snippets.

Except only two have been that I can recall?.. Unless you're gonna count the drill sergeant snippet but even then that's only 3 out of a bunch of others

Still can't wait for the 7 string song

Does this seem stupid or weird to you guys

From my perspective as someone who loves muse and the song and will also be in a US military academy soon. As a future US military officer, I am opposed to war. Youre probably telling yourself, wait what this guy is an idiot. Hear me out. Most of the idiots in this country with no skin in the game have the loudest cries for invading here or "defending" there. These people, who unfortunately often have the loudest voices, just dont realize how costly war is and are way too generous with lives of someone's father/daughter/son/brother etc. I want to be an officer because I want to be the change I want to see, as cliche as that sounds. Things are never going to change unless new people are constantly involving themselves. Sorry if i look like an idiot after this

This is exactly how I feel. I've always admired that they could write good quality songs without littering them with expletives. It just feels...immature to me, but that's just my silly opinion...

"You are a pussy, I said show me your war face!" is quite funny though

You shitlords should be ashamed of yourselves for enjoying a song like this. "Psycho" is an ableist slur that demonizes those suffering from mental illness.

This song should be sold with a *TRIGGER WARNING* in the file name.

muse i am disappoint RIP in peace :noey:

Edit: Tumblr seems to agree with me.

nvXFdtU.png

Edited by L.
image too big

I love it. the lyrics are not great, bit silly at times, but it makes me smile too for some reason.

the song screams fun to me, would be a great energetic live track.''your ass belongs to me now''... that line is extremely silly, but it's so catchy and i just loveee it. i can't help myself.

Also people are easily offended by things, and also not aware enough of others....

i mean come on, the f word? how is that offensive ..

Psycho ok, might be offensive for some.. but come on..

Muse is cheesy, bit over the top, silly. but that's also one of the things i like about them.

So yes i can't wait to hear this live sunday!

Edited by Moonlight__

"You are a pussy, I said show me your war face!" is quite funny though

I can see Matt shouting this at gigs before the big screen pans over the crowd doing their best war face.

You shitlords should be ashamed of yourselves for enjoying a song like this. "Psycho" is an ableist slur that demonizes those suffering from mental illness.

Probably best not to open this can of worms on here.

This song should be sold with a *TRIGGER WARNING* in the file name.

muse i am disappoint RIP in peace :noey:

Edit: Tumblr seems to agree with me

nvXFdtU.png

Tumblr pricks

Edited by L.

I have a thought but I'm not quite sure how to word it, so bear with me.

On one level, we have Matt whose lyrics of late haven't been the greatest (if ever). On another level, we have a song with something to say.

I agree that bits of the lyrics are hilarious, but that's because some of the shit that drill sergeants/drill instructors say when hurling out their abuse is pretty damn funny when it is looked at out of context. For example: "Texas? Only two things come from Texas: steers and queers. You don't look like no steer to me."

I think right now we're having a laugh, but maybe in time we'll realize that this song is actually pretty damn dark and we all like our Dark!Muse.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

I don't really mind that 4th chorus, but there's not much variety in between, so after a while the riff gets kinda old. I love the 2nd bridge with the octaves, I think they should've just done a 3 choruses with that part as the bridge.

Still really like the song though. Can't wait to hear it live :)

On one level, we have Matt whose lyrics of late haven't been the greatest (if ever). On another level, we have a song with something to say.

Yup, they're not running on autopilot anymore. Even if the lyrics are pretty funny they do have a meaning, and it's not generic revolutionist nonsense like Supremacy/Survival/USoE/etc.

The only thing that rubs me the wrong way are parts of the second verse. "Superdrone (super drone)" is just unnecessary and the program and virusssss line is bad, but almost forgivable. Matt's tongue in cheek delivery puts too much emphasis on it. By know we should know Muse is not to be taken too seriously, i get it without the gimmicky approach.

Minor points though, overall it's quite amazing.

I generally like it. I wish the drill Sargeant parts were cut out. I'm not sure why they feel compelled to have these pre-recorded parts be part of their songs. . Otherwise not a huge fan of all the swearing, but it's not too bad.

wow!! My feelings exactly!! (I paraphrased this post) these parts that jonesy wrote summed up my feelings perfectly. Also, another person had posted earlier that one of the things they always liked about Muse was the lack of swearing, and I agree....Matt always seemed more intelligent than that...didn't need the lowest common denominator type junk to get his points across.

Another thing I wasn't as keen on was that I felt like I couldn't hear Matt's voice very well....seemed drowned out by the music. Anyone else feel that way? Guess it was the way it was produced or mixed or whatever. But def like the music/riff etc. Good start.!..and am sure it will go very well with the whole album flow/concept.