Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

That guy is right about the Uprising/Psycho drumming IMO. Even my dad said that to me earlier...

There's a part nearer the end of the song where it basically could have just segued into Uprising perfectly. I don't know how to describe it as I don't know the language people use for music. It's a short repetitive but of guitar.

There's a part nearer the end of the song where it basically could have just segued into Uprising perfectly. I don't know how to describe it as I don't know the language people use for music. It's a short repetitive but of guitar.

SS - Psycho - Uprising future gigs?

I see it

Yeah, when I first listened to it certain parts struck me as pretty much Uprising rip-offs. Hell, you can practically sing 'The paranoia is in bloom...' when the first verse starts.

Still really good fun though, I'd give it a solid 7/10. I don't want the whole album to be like that though. I know it's a bit of a cliche to say but I'm hoping for some more serious and darker stuff as well, more in the vein of those distorted Marilyn Manson-y vocals.

I actually think the drumming in the verses reminds me of Shoot the Runner by Kasabian.

Shoot me.

The bit before the last chorus really reminds me of the end of Shoot The Runner. I almost wanna start singing 'Kiiiiings, kings will come and then go...'

Edited by Jobby

Don't really see the cock rock comparison, but most of that review was spot on. If they had shaved off a minute of it and cut someone of the drill sergeant shit, this song would have been ace.

I still can't decide if I like the song or not.

Yeah agreed, I still think the drums are a bit weak for the heaviness of the riff though.

Somewhere between a 5/6 for me.

Yeah, when I first listened to it certain parts struck me as pretty much Uprising rip-offs. Hell, you can practically sing 'The paranoia is in bloom...' when the first verse starts.

Bit hard to call the song a ripoff when the main riff predates Uprising by a decade. It's likely the other way around, i.e. Uprising was inspired by this riff, and perhaps even partially derived from earlier attempts to turn the riff into a song.

That said I thought TR was a generic, highly derivative album, and I found Uprising to be overrated and bland. Psycho to me feels like the song Uprising should've been.

I think the part im most pissed about is that fact they slightly changed the riff, back in the old days after the 0305035 they'd hit the 6th fret, and now they just slightly bend the 5th fret

Not a huge difference, but noticeable enough to me and i'm sure a few others

Bit hard to call the song a ripoff when the main riff predates Uprising by a decade. It's likely the other way around, i.e. Uprising was inspired by this riff, and perhaps even partially derived from earlier attempts to turn the riff into a song.

Not saying the whole song's a direct rip off, just that some parts feel like they're a bit too similar, to the extent that I can't listen to them without thinking of Uprising (usually the live version). Maybe 'rip off' was the wrong phrase, I don't think they consciously took from it. You might be right when you say Uprising was inspired by that original riff.

Psycho to me feels like the song Uprising should've been.

Agree with this 100% though.