Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Psycho was pretty good while running. I felt like I was gonna win. I think the vocals are keeping me from loving it. The song kind of has the grittiness of some of BHaR, but the vocals of TR/T2L. Needs more #raw.

And maybe this has been pointed out but I reckon the speaking bits in the middle give context to the song, if you were only hearing the track by itself without the intro. So they don't really bother me.

:yesey:

I really don't get the people who say there's only one riff. There's the main riff, the chorus riff ("your ass belongs to me now), the verse riff and the walking bass.

Not saying the song isn't too long, and I think it could've used a bit more diversity, but saying there's only one riff is a huge exaggeration.

The main riff is the chorus riff. Just listen to the intro, the riff always flows into "your ass belongs to me". And the verse riff is probably the most boring and uninspired riff they ever put out.

So basically they just constantly want to jump to the main riff because that's pretty much all the song has to offer.

So basically they just constantly want to jump to the main riff because that's pretty much all the song has to offer.

And it rocks. What's the problem?

Would I rather jump around to this or Uprising? No question - Psycho every time.

I suppose a year of silence on my behalf is enough. Anybody getting an Absolution-era vibe from this album or is that just my optimism creeping in?

Muse said themselves it would sound like Absolution mixed with some BHaR. So I think it's a valid vibe you're feeling. I feel it too.

I know, right. It's like Muse owe them something. :LOL:

There's not liking a song, and there's acting like it kicked your puppy and ruined your life. It's people's own fault if they seriously expected Muse to do another Forced In.

No, I really don't feel that way. I just hate this song and came here to express my opinion because.. that's what we do here?

Yeah sure buddy, the riff everyone loved and that's been played a gazillion years live suddenly is a cock-rock riff.

No, actually, I always found this riff dull. I don't like Muse for the silly hard rawck aesthetic. The riff interludes get me yawning at shows.

Why do people here have such a hard time understanding that people can have different opinions on music? If "Psycho" is your thing, then yeah go ahead and enjoy it. I loved the shit out of Madness when this board was mostly hating it (although The 2nd Law was underwhelming in the end). A band can have fans with different tastes, you know?

[media]
[/YT]

The crowd yelling "fucking psycho!" is pretty fun.

that does like pretty awesome live

i'm pretty sure after he says "super drone" you can hear someone say "what the fuck?!" :LOL: