Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

• 2 weeks later...

in case more ppl are interested in psycho over dead inside, here's my replicated post from the dead inside thread:

for the few people these days who still like physical releases:

Amazon Pre-Order for Dead Inside / Psycho CD single to be released May 12, 2015

perhaps it could be bogus, but...perhaps not.

showing up already on amazon.co.jp, as well.

maybe y'all across the pond will be the ones doing the importing this time, hah.

I have yet to hear a band cover pull of the "fucking psycho" part, even with decent production. What makes Matt's delivery stand out?

I think it's the combination of slight distortion plus the way he nails the vibrato/falsetto combination each time. Being placed right after the whispered "I'm gonna make/break you" bit really nails it for me, I really loved both parts since the first time I heard it.

Tbh I Think it's mostly the ridiculous delivery that not many people can attempt to recreate without sounding at least equally silly, which most people find over the limit. Matt's delivery in general is very OOT compared to most other singers in popular Music.

The way he delivers the 'fucking psycho' parts takes me out of the song tbh. I like the fact that the song's fun and doesn't take itself particularly seriously but those bits are just slightly too silly for me. Would've been better if he'd just howled/screamed it imo.

That said though, I fucking love the singing during the verses, especially the 'Lost in the wild' bit :love:

I have never had a turn around in opinion on a song like I have with this one.

I loathed everything about it on first listen, and now looking back on what I previously wrote, I can't even relate to it or remember why I felt that way.

Loving the vocal delivery on both of these songs so far sooooo much.

Even the "fucking psycho" bits; feel like the crazy (as in, kinda insane sounding) way it's sung adds to the sentiment of the song.

I have never had a turn around in opinion on a song like I have with this one.

I loathed everything about it on first listen, and now looking back on what I previously wrote, I can't even relate to it or remember why I felt that way.

Loving the vocal delivery on both of these songs so far sooooo much.

Even the "fucking psycho" bits; feel like the crazy (as in, kinda insane sounding) way it's sung adds to the sentiment of the song.

Glad you view it the way Matt intended it to be viewed ;)

The major part of me still believes they laugh their asses off at us for taking them seriously at all. :phu:

:'(

I thought he was poking fun at me, not serious. All this hostility gets so damn confusing.

I was a bit serious lol, I feel like the tone of the song was intended to come off as you described it, whereas a lot of people criticize the tone of the song/way it's executed as its "downfall" when that's the entire point of the song.