10. Munich Jam + Madness

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. JFK + Reapers

13. Time is Running Out

14. Uprising

15. The Globalist

16. Mercy

17. Knights.

Map, Bliss, AP and no Resistance, best set of the tour imo. Good consistent progress from the band, really hope it keeps up. Wouldn't mind something like that at all with 1 or 2 more songs for Europe, hopefully with the odd rarity chucked in on special occasions.

Look, Muse, praise! I don't hate you, I swear :chuckle:

Really hoping once they head back to the United States they'll keep the PlB/CE/Bliss/whatever slot AND MotP as opposed to Map being the rarity slot as

It was in the U.S. Sets last week, I feel like this is the best formula for their set theyre going with, in other words this is the best we'll get on this tour based on what we've seen and I can accept it lol

1. Psycho

2. Dead Inside

3. Interlude + Hysteria

4. Bliss

5. The Handler

6. Map of the Problematique

7. Supermassive Black Hole

8. Prelude + Starlight

9. Apocalypse Please

10. Munich Jam + Madness

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. JFK + Reapers

13. Time is Running Out

14. Uprising

15. The Globalist

16. Mercy

17. Knights.

This for Montreal?

Apocalypse Please and Bliss would be sweet to get live.

1. Psycho

2. Dead Inside

3. Interlude + Hysteria

4. Bliss

5. The Handler

8. Prelude + Starlight

9. Apocalypse Please

10. Munich Jam + Madness

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. JFK + Reapers

13. Time is Running Out

14. Uprising

15. The Globalist

16. Mercy

17. Knights.

I've got a feeling this tour will have "First night syndrome". I'd bet anyone Resistance is back tomorrow...

jonisdead Okay here we go; this is an official predictor of Europe setlists

20:21 jonisdead 3

20:21 jonisdead 2

20:21 jonisdead 1

20:21 jonisdead !opener

20:21 BellamyBot jonisdead's gig has opened with Take A Bow!

20:21 jonisdead !closer

20:21 BellamyBot jonisdead's gig has closed with Micro Cuts!

20:21 AlexanderDeLarge LOL

Only time will tell

MG: Are there ever nights when you think back and go, “It would be nice to do a Springsteen”?

DH: (Laughs) Yeah, we talk about that literally every night. (Laughs) We’re like, “Ahh, next tour we’re just gonna go out with nothing. We’re just gonna play.” I don’t know — we did a little bit of that at the start of this album, around when the album actually got released, so last summer. We did a little tour of small venues. Just for fun, really. Just to kind of warm up and for fun. There was no production or anything. It was just us on stage, and it was great. It was awesome. I mean, it was a smaller room, but it was a good feeling to realize that we can actually still pull that off. And I think the audience had a great time, because it was just about the music and I suppose us being on stage, rather than a big old … conceptual … nightmare. (Laughs)

What a load of bullshit. Why be miserable for 8 months until the end of the tour when they have millions worth of A/V equipment capable of doing generic visuals that look awesome, arguably more impressive than the visuals that are scripted and paid for?

Go on stage, play a set that disregards whether people know the material or not and blow people away. It worked at every festival that lead up to playing arenas, it worked at every shitty club, it worked at every theater, that's the reason they're successful, they blew people away.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

1. Psycho

2. Dead Inside

3. Interlude + Hysteria

4. Bliss

5. The Handler

8. Prelude + Starlight

9. Apocalypse Please

10. Munich Jam + Madness

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. JFK + Reapers

13. Time is Running Out

14. Uprising

15. The Globalist

16. Mercy

17. Knights.

I would be very happy to get this to be honest. Throw in maybe 1 more piano song like Sunburn or United States of Eurasia and Stockholm Syndrome and it would be fantastic.

I would be very happy to get this to be honest. Throw in maybe 1 more piano song like Sunburn or United States of Eurasia and Stockholm Syndrome and it would be fantastic.

I could see extra piano song + moving Starlight to after the piano section (so Prelude actually sort of makes sense); removing UD or Madness; putting Stockholm before the Globalist and then bringing in Defector to start the European Tour. Then the set evolves throughout the dates perhaps. By the end they'll be playing early festival tour stuff again like New Born/Animals/Micro Cuts/Uno/Supremacy (not at every gig of course).

On setlist.fm it lists Reapers as having the RATM Freedom outro... are we sure that they didn't mishear or did they actually do Reapers + Freedom riff?

Be a bit redundant if they did, no?

They sound so similar I'd think someone who wasn't so familiar with the album just thought the outro was a riff.

I could see extra piano song + moving Starlight to after the piano section (so Prelude actually sort of makes sense); removing UD or Madness; putting Stockholm before the Globalist and then bringing in Defector to start the European Tour. Then the set evolves throughout the dates perhaps. By the end they'll be playing early festival tour stuff again like New Born/Animals/Micro Cuts/Uno/Supremacy (not at every gig of course).

They sound so similar I'd think someone who wasn't so familiar with the album just thought the outro was a riff.

I also think all the riffs are just copied over gig to gig by default until someone feels like changing it to actually be accurate.

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/muses-dominic-howard-the-complete-conversation

"Yeah. Every time we’ve come to Montreal, we’ve just had a great time. The audiences have always been amazing. And just very energetic — and loud! (Laughs) So yeah, we love it here. And within North America, it feels very much like Europe in many ways, here in Quebec. In the feel of the city, obviously the language. So yeah, I guess we just feel comfortable here."

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/muses-dominic-howard-the-complete-conversation

"Yeah. Every time we’ve come to Montreal, we’ve just had a great time. The audiences have always been amazing. And just very energetic — and loud! (Laughs) So yeah, we love it here. And within North America, it feels very much like Europe in many ways, here in Quebec. In the feel of the city, obviously the language. So yeah, I guess we just feel comfortable here."

We can tell, Matt. We can tell you don't feel comfortable in the US.

Yeah, I'm sure there'd be fall out if the band actually stripped back, with tons of people going hoping for a big spectacle. Saddening.

It did sound like Matt said he thought it had gone too far, last tour; interesting to hear Dom say similar.

Sounds like Canada is getting great sets, at least. Certainly wish I could have seen those ones. Except without the French speaking part, I suppose. I suck at languages.