Yeah but Agitated's only like two minutes long and pretty much pure riffage tbf, it effectively acted as a slightly elongated outro riff to songs most of the time. Ashamed's a fair amount longer and a bit too obscure and weird for a big arena tour.

Haven't we established that anything beyond a single is already "too obscure"? :rolleyes: I mean if we're gonna nitpick suggestions that don't include tracks already performed during Drones era then whatever, but it's not unrealistic. For the record Apocalypse Please popped out of nowhere, at least they played this riff forever.

Haven't we established that anything beyond a single is already "too obscure"? :rolleyes: I mean if we're gonna nitpick suggestions that don't include tracks already performed during Drones era then whatever, but it's not unrealistic. For the record Apocalypse Please popped out of nowhere, at least they played this riff forever.

Ashamed is one of the lesser known tracks from a b-side compilation album that came out in 2002 and was performed like 6 times in 2000/2001. It's a bit different to album tracks from popular albums like Abso or Black Holes that have been gone for like 10 years max and were once performed at least pretty regularly.

I'm just saying, the band are less likely to care/take notice if it's too obscure so it's best to keep it fairly safe.

Ashamed is one of the lesser known tracks from a b-side compilation album that came out in 2002 and was performed like 6 times in 2000/2001. It's a bit different to album tracks from popular albums like Abso or Black Holes that have been gone for like 10 years max.

I'm just saying, the band are less likely to care/take notice if it's too obscure.

Thank you Muse master for your expert discretion

Thank you Muse master for your expert discretion

lmao chill

like 3 people might vote for it anyway, I massively doubt it'd end up in the top 2

He has a point though. I personally think asking for anything other than two songs max is pushing it a bit though. If it were just me I'd keep to to Assassin and Showbiz since those have been the most requested on twitter so far.

True, might be worth doing the poll just in case though, just to make sure we get a general consensus. A couple of songs could sneak up there.

Why would anyone pick Ashamed as the song to get Muse to play though?

Why is it any worse than any other song everyone always requests? It's pure emotion with little vocal strain, we should be trying to awaken the band rather than bore them with requests like Showbiz that they'll never fulfill

Ashamed is one of the lesser known tracks from a b-side compilation album that came out in 2002 and was performed like 6 times in 2000/2001. It's a bit different to album tracks from popular albums like Abso or Black Holes that have been gone for like 10 years max and were once performed at least pretty regularly.

I'm just saying, the band are less likely to care/take notice if it's too obscure so it's best to keep it fairly safe.

I understand trying to keep it realistic but as long as they're seeing it before the soundcheck, it is entirely realistic.

Anything is "realistic" after Futurism/Fury was played recently, and those are Japanese b-sides. Not to mention Agitated and Yes Please (YP which was off the same album, yeah I know it's older but people still knew it)

Because it's fucking great live

lmao chill

like 3 people might vote for it anyway, I massively doubt it'd end up in the top 2

This is essentially why when I made a similar list I gave the option of voting for every song, even if that slightly defeats the purpose of rarities. If you limit it you're gonna be stuck with "what gives you the right to choose the songs" etc

People who want to hear stuff because it's 'rare' over it being 'good'.

The best part of Ashamed is the outro riff and they used to play that a lot after New Born anyway

Why is it any worse than any other song everyone always requests? It's pure emotion with little vocal strain, we should be trying to awaken the band rather than bore them with requests like Showbiz that they'll never fulfill

lol because if they don't give a fuck about playing Showbiz then Ashamed is obviously the most likely alternative.

lmao chill

We've seen what happens when Muse fans vote for rarities to be played in the 2010 stadium tour and they voted shit like Citizen and Bliss like every single time.

We've also seen what Muse does in response to fan campaigns too.

DEAD STAR

What do you want?

DEAD STAR

*Matt sees Micro Cuts on one sign and points to it*

Who is to say that he wouldn't do that again with Ashamed?

I just don't see the appeal and neither does the majority of the fanbase considering its one of the least talked about songs.

I understand trying to keep it realistic but as long as they're seeing it before the soundcheck, it is entirely realistic.

Anything is "realistic" after Futurism/Fury was played recently, and those are Japanese b-sides. Not to mention Agitated and Yes Please (YP which was off the same album, yeah I know it's older but people still knew it)

Because it's fucking great live

Fury has been played almost every tour since 2002 though...

This is essentially why when I made a similar list I gave the option of voting for every song, even if that slightly defeats the purpose of rarities. If you limit it you're gonna be stuck with "what gives you the right to choose the songs" etc

I always second this idea, realistic or not it's better to be open minded rather than invite questions about "leadership" discretion for a collaborative effort based on community input .

Also Alex makes a good point there

Go to setlist.fm, search Muse, click 'Drones World Tour' and maybe ignore the top 20 most played songs. Then make a list of the remaining songs they've at least played in the last 5 years or something?

True, but again Yes Please pretty much acted as just an elongated riff-out imo. Plus, Fury and Futurism weren't played throughout a big arena tour.

I mean, shit, I'll include Ashamed, Coma and whatnot if people want. I just don't think there's much point and the band would probably laugh those off.

Yeah, I was worried about that when making the list. That's why I made sure to ask for suggestions beforehand and checked through the other setlist threads to see which songs people seemed to want back and whatnot.

Edited by Jobby

The results of my poll from about two years ago, if anyone's interested. The top 10

10. The Small Print

9. Glorious

8. Assassin

7. Butterflies & Hurricanes

6. Bliss

5. Dead Star

4. Muscle Museum

3. Showbiz

2. Fury

1. Citizen Erased

Not too bad that 6/10 came back between the Psycho tour and the festival tour.

Also DeLarge, they weren't Japanese b-sides. They were Japanese ALBUM tracks, and b-sides everywhere else. Don't make Fury out to be more rare than it is.

The only reasons Fury and Futurism would be less rare than something like Ashamed outside of Japan is because of online piracy, it being sold on Amazon/iTunes in the "deluxe editions" and it's listed on Spotify I believe.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Okay so list again, one update since the original:

Assassin

Butterflies & Hurricanes

City Of Delusion

Dark Shines

Dead Star

Fury

Futurism

The Groove

Hyper Music

Micro Cuts

MK Ultra

Muscle Museum

Ruled By Secrecy

Showbiz

Sing For Absolution

The Small Print

Space Dementia

Sunburn

Take A Bow

Unnatural Selection

Uno

Based on what's been played last year + what I've seen people mention in other threads. Again, fully open to suggestions, not trying to be any kind of 'leader/dictator'. Just, y'know, try and make it stuff the band'll actually think about. Or do peeps reckon it's okay as it is?

(and before anyone says 'but futurism + the groove' - only reason they're there is because they were played and rehearsed recently)

Fury is less rare because it's been played most tours since 2002, like I said.

Also, aren't you listing quite a lot of reasons?

It's less rare to the 100,000 people that heard it over the years since you know, they heard it, but it's still going over everyone's head, but who cares if it's going over everyone's head? The Handler is going over everyone's head, same goes for Plug In Baby, but if you're going to get a shitty reaction from a shitty crowd no matter what you're playing, why not have some fun with it and give the two corners something to go really crazy over?

We've already seen these "obscure" tracks go up in listens/sales after they play them at a festival or a large gig, so they literally have a financial incentive to go out and play this kind of material.