I don't get the need for Prelude into Starlight. I get IS into Handler due to the visuals, and it does sort of work as a transition, but that one eludes me. Same with the continuing overlong Interlude pre-Hysteria, or the double Drones choir.

And yes, I know TG+Drones would be a major downing ending, but I think if it was the proper finale, it would be a humongous avant garde show-stopper. Either that or I am that bored of Knights of Cydonia closing, as its done at nearly every gig for the past 10 years. :chuckle:

Just got notice from the airline that I can get credits for flights without incurring fees, because travel will be a nightmare for weeks in the NE, with "life threatening" weather the next few days.

Is the rest of this tour going to be possible...?

The weather forecast I sees from here says Quebec and Boston are going to be relatively untroubled for the Sat/Mon gigs, short of Quebec City being fucking freezing. New York's 2 gigs should also be doable if the big snow dump forecast for 23/01 is cleared by the time Muse and their wagons roll into town on Tuesday/Wednesday. Although it may be fine in a "no new snow" case beyond what's forecast. The existing snow is the other matter, and not least given its forecast to be heavier in Pennsylvania and DC.

If its as thick as they say, maybe up to NYC, with no Philly/DC gigs?

But who knows. Weather's an unpredictable fucker. Plus for that matter I want snow like that. Damn Atlantic.

And yes, I know TG+Drones would be a major downing ending, but I think if it was the proper finale, it would be a humongous avant garde show-stopper. Either that or I am that bored of Knights of Cydonia closing, as its done at nearly every gig for the past 10 years. :chuckle:

As much as I'm bored tae fuck of KOC closing, Globalist looks like a serious borefest for the most part so it'd be an awful closer imo.

oi guys

So I'm considering making a thread with a poll for what rarities the fanbase should hashtag to come back for this year. Might require spreading the word to other sites like Twitter and Reddit. Figured collectively choosing one or two rarities and making one big push for them would be more effective than sporadically doing it for individual gigs.

Good idea, bad idea? Thought I'd run it by here first to see what people thought.

Obviously feel free to suggest me songs to include as well (most likely won't be including stuff like CE, Bliss, Map and AP since they'll probs be in rotation anyway), though I've already got what I think is a decent list. Keep it reasonably realistic too, obvs.

Assassin

Butterflies & Hurricanes

City Of Delusion

Dark Shines

Dead Star

Fury

Futurism

The Groove

Hyper Music

Micro Cuts

MK Ultra

Muscle Museum

Ruled By Secrecy

Showbiz

Sing For Absolution

The Small Print

Sunburn

Take A Bow

Unnatural Selection

Uno

oi guys

So I'm considering making a thread with a poll for what rarities the fanbase should hashtag to come back for this year. Might require spreading the word to other sites like Twitter and Reddit. Figured collectively choosing one or two rarities and making one big push for them would be more effective than sporadically doing it for individual gigs.

Good idea, bad idea? Thought I'd run it by here first to see what people thought.

Obviously feel free to suggest me songs to include as well (most likely won't be including stuff like CE, Bliss, Map and AP since they'll probs be in rotation anyway), though I've already got what I think is a decent list. Keep it reasonably realistic too, obvs.

Assassin

Butterflies & Hurricanes

City Of Delusion

Dark Shines

Dead Star

Fury

Futurism

The Groove

Hyper Music

Micro Cuts

MK Ultra

Muscle Museum

Ruled By Secrecy

Showbiz

Sing For Absolution

The Small Print

Sunburn

Take A Bow

Unnatural Selection

Uno

Nice idea, add Space Dementia to the list though.

Good idea, but how are we going to coordinate the requests? By making a vote for every gig?

The idea would be to just request for the two most voted songs to be brought back for the whole tour (wouldn't expect it at every gig obvs, but they'd at least be 'in the roster' if that makes sense), as opposed to specifically voting for certain songs in certain places.

So like one mass hashtag spam of #[insert song name]for2016 as opposed to #[insert song]for[insertgig]. It possibly sacrifices the amount of variety we could request by limiting us to two for the whole year but it'd be more likely to be noticed by the band and might lead to a more even spread rarities instead of relying on pure luck or occasional hashtags for big gigs.

Nice idea, add Space Dementia to the list though.

Thought about that but decided to wait and see if someone actively asked for it. Shall do.

You don't want to do that. The last time I sent a rarity poll to Reddit they all voted for PiB, Knights etc because "it's not a Muse gig without those songs."

Poll won't include stuff like that, don't worry :chuckle: So if anyone mentions those then...idk, they can? But it won't affect the vote or end results.

We could always spread the word of the final 2 hashtags once voting's over but I just thought it fair that peeps were aware.

Alright then, way to be a dick.

Original post did say "keep it reasonably realistic" tbf.

Poll won't include stuff like that, don't worry :chuckle: So if anyone mentions those then...idk, they can? But it won't affect the vote or end results.

We could always spread the word of the final 2 hashtags once voting's over but I just thought it fair that peeps were aware.

Original post did say "keep it reasonably realistic" tbf.

Agitated was a thing, wasn't it? I don't think Ashamed is too out of reach, they have played the riff damn near a million times.

Agitated was a thing, wasn't it? I don't think Ashamed is too out of reach, they have played the riff damn near a million times.

Yeah but Agitated's only like two minutes long and pretty much pure riffage tbf, it effectively acted as a slightly elongated outro riff to songs most of the time. Ashamed's a fair amount longer and a bit too obscure and weird for a big arena tour.

I dunno two songs doesn't seem like enough. Is there any way we could do a top ten and send them through in groups of two at a time or something?

Could do, I'm open to suggestions if other people think of better ways to work it.

To be fair though, if just two songs lead to something like Showbiz and Assassin being added to the general setlist roster and popping up throughout the year, I'd say it was a pretty successful effort.

Edited by Jobby

Why not just compile a list of Psycho Tour songs we know they've rehearsed.

That's what the end list'll pretty much be. Stuff that was played/suggested throughout the Psycho Tour with a few other old ones thrown in.

r u muse

yes