Long time reader first time writer.

Man there is too much negativity in this place.

remember before the tour and people were worrying about matt's fitness? well he seems to be running around a hell of a lot on the footage so far ha.

you forget how static a lot of front men are.

People were concerned about his fitness because Matt sounded notably out of breath for large chunks of last year and even openly admitted that he hadn't done any exercise in preparation for the tour and was using the gigs as a warm-up.

Considering I've done plenty of shows in seats/general admission (in the front where people are coming up to chat and hang out all day) this tour, I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about here. The only people that are blown away are the first timers. Everyone loves the stage production but people are generally unhappy with the setlists. I've heard various complaints but "Vegas show vibe" "greatest hits tour" and "legacy act" are the things I've heard most.

They're doing less dates in every city on this continent. That alone should give you a pretty good idea of a decline in ticket sales. Look at the released box office numbers. The crowds are dead and it seems like the general audience knows very little outside of the singles. There's a reason for that and it's because the pop radio audience simply isn't returning tour after tour to see Madness/Starlight for $80. If they were, there would be more of a demand than what we saw in cities where they used to have no problems.

The pop radio "I only know the singles" audience isn't sustainable. The "I'll see them once a tour" are starting to get annoyed hearing over half of the set two-three tours in a row and the hardcore audience is sick of getting the same set night after night. How long will they be able to ride out that "best live band" title from 2008 (while it was still accurate)?

when there's upwards of over 10,000 people at a show, you can't chat with several people and then make generalizations off of that, that's just ridiculous. even if you talked to 50 people per show and have been to every US show with an average attendance of 9K you've spoken to .5% of the population. sharing opinions is fine, but don't act like you can accurately speak for everyone attending this tour.

Just one of these days, I'd like Muse to crack 2 hrs. In the U.S. Consistently. Is that too much to ask??? lol

Next time they're probably be full costume and set changes, and an intermission. Will still be under 2 hours in the US, somehow.

Mercy is legitimately the only Drones song I would be looking forward to seeing at this point. Maybe The Globalist, but it seems to be primarily visuals.

People were concerned about his fitness because Matt sounded notably out of breath for large chunks of last year and even openly admitted that he hadn't done any exercise in preparation for the tour and was using the gigs as a warm-up.

Yeah, I don't think too many of us care if Matt stands still or not the entire time; he just sounded really bad for a long time touring on this material, especially compared to last tour.

Must say he sounds to have gotten a lot better, but it's still a downer that so many parts of songs have been altered to those ends; particularly the climactic ones for Madness, Handler, and DI.

Also yes, if last night was the same length, possibly one of the best sets of the tour.

I made a setlist wich I think most fans would be happy with.It.s something old,something new,something borrowed and something blue:D and I had nothing else to do:LOL:

Drones

Psycho

Dead inside

Interlude

Hysteria

Bliss or Plug in baby

Deadstar or Fury

The Handler

Map of the problematque

Supermassive black hole

Butterflies and hurricanes

Showbiz or Muscle Museum or Sunburn

Apocalypse please or Feeling good

Stockholm Syndrome

Assassin or Exo- Politics

New Born or Citizen erased

JFK

Reapers

Time is running out

Resistance or Uprising or Panic Station

Revolt

The Globalist

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

The or,s are rotations:D

I think it,s a whole lot better than what we got so far.....

Bury the past,rob us blind

and leave nothing [but a shit setlist] behind.:D

Just stare....and live the nightmare:LOL:

I made a setlist wich I think most fans would be happy with.It.s something old,something new,something borrowed and something blue:D and I had nothing else to do:LOL:

Drones

Psycho

Dead inside

Interlude

Hysteria

Bliss or Plug in baby

Deadstar or Fury

The Handler

Map of the problematque

Supermassive black hole

Butterflies and hurricanes

Showbiz or Muscle Museum or Sunburn

Apocalypse please or Feeling good

Stockholm Syndrome

Assassin or Exo- Politics

New Born or Citizen erased

JFK

Reapers

Time is running out

Resistance or Uprising or Panic Station

Revolt

The Globalist

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

The or,s are rotations:D

I think it,s a whole lot better than what we got so far.....

Bury the past,rob us blind

and leave nothing [but a shit setlist] behind.:D

Just stare....and live the nightmare:LOL:

JFK into Reapers?

Also Revolt as main set closer? Why not SS which is now somewhere mid set.

This is what Muse are currently doing so I think he took inspiration from that.

Fair enough. But if I were to make a setlist that appealed a bit more to all the fans (so including us) I'd at least put Defector behind JFK. Because this is just... I don't know why Muse do it :LOL:.

when there's upwards of over 10,000 people at a show, you can't chat with several people and then make generalizations off of that, that's just ridiculous. even if you talked to 50 people per show and have been to every US show with an average attendance of 9K you've spoken to .5% of the population. sharing opinions is fine, but don't act like you can accurately speak for everyone attending this tour.

Then don't take my word for it look at the numbers

on a happy note, the set is evolving to something a lot more fun, so let's hope that trend continues.

Great, so the East Coast can get an awesome set two tours in a row and the West Coast fans are idiots as usual for having the audacity to show up and expect a comparable set. Not to mention it's another opportunity for everyone on the East Coast regularly getting good good sets to tell us to stop complaining.

Now people doing New York back to back can get more rotation and more variety than I did in five dates that were 5 hours driving distsance from each other.

Dallas and Houston weren't bad, except for the tech failures and long wait.

Bliss at one and CE at another, and both with an extra Drones song.

If I could retroactively pick to see a gig, it would be either of those.

And theyre still in Canada. There's plenty of time for the to roll back FG and Resistance into the good slots for the US.

I'd be more accepting of all the singles if they ever changed them up even a bit. As it is, all the older material is played without any interesting updates. Same intro and outro riffs (Man with a Harmonica, House of the Rising Sun, Who Knows Who, Back in Black etc.) MWAH is now even more redundant because it sounds a lot like the intro to Globalist.

Every Muse concert that I've seen has had the same group of songs in the set list. Starlight, SMBH, KoC, Hysteria, Uprising, UD, Resistance, TIRO...the only changes being that Matt doesn't play the guitar (or keytar) on certain songs. Even the supposed "rarity" at our Detroit show was Map which I've now seen at 4 out of the 5 shows that I've attended. There were no surprises in the whole set unless you count the fact that they didn't bother playing a piano song. SURPRISE!

As much as I enjoyed hearing most of the newer Drones material, the rest of the concert had more of a been-there-done-that feel. It was the first Muse concert I've attended that actually seemed to drag on despite the short set length. Mind you it didn't help that we had to sit through Drones playback twice, they bunch Starlight/Madness/UD all together and Globalist seemed to go on forever with a lot of people not even paying attention.

Edited by Nigel_Tufnel

On another note, people say that Muse have been giving a particularly bad treatment to their US fans for years, but looking at last tour's sets, that statement doesn't really hold. In terms of rarities, the 2nd US Arena leg got Fury (!), Butterflies & Hurricanes (!!), Sunburn, Agitated, Unnatural Selection, Neutron Star Collision (still) and streching it a bit, Citizen Erased. Also Sign o' the Times in the first leg.

Compare that with Europe's Falling Down, Sunburn, Host intro and Ruled by Secrecy. Not that bad.

Edited by Zepp

And theyre still in Canada. There's plenty of time for the to roll back FG and Resistance into the good slots for the US.

I expect Resistance to be back at least once if not twice for the next three gigs.

Unfortunately that is.

I am not sure why quite a few are raving about how much the setlists got better now.

Comparing Toronto to Quebec City 1 we have CE/Resistance or Map/PiB.

Still nothing from Showbiz.

Besides the reapers out experiment in the states, USoEA, Feeling Good the setlists are pretty similar and well getting to of the better rotation songs compared to getting two of the worst is still not that much of an improvement. I mean sure two better songs in comapred to two rather boring ones makes a difference but there is still so much more potential.

As long as they keep the Madness/UD combo and they won't add any songs it will stay subpar.

I am surprised that they keep that many resistance songs in there while T2L only has one (not counting IS obviously).