How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I'm thinking of this as the record's Capital G- sorry, I seem to be using Year Zero as a reference for everything right now, but think about it. Off kilter from the what I expect from the rest of the album and I reckon showing a different perspective, but still a tune in its own right.

Properly hearing the w-ing on "reveal my strength" though, that made me chuckle :LOL:

Uhm, basically everything? I can't understand what Take a Bow and Survival have in common. I can accept comparisons between Eurasia and Survival, if you want to make comparisons.

Sorry, but the second I heard "RACE. IT'S A RACE." I thought, "IT'S A RACE FOR THE COUNTRY YOU LOOOOOOOVE"

Uhm, basically everything? I can't understand what Take a Bow and Survival have in common. I can accept comparisons between Eurasia and Survival, if you want to make comparisons.

Eurasia and Survival do have a lot of elements in common. I just took Take a Bow as an example because it didn't sound all Queen and cheesy like the before two mentioned songss yet had a lot of epicness in it, without the Fight Fight Fight Win Win Win crap... And Sia! Sia! Sia!

I'm thinking of this as the record's Capital G- sorry, I seem to be using Year Zero as a reference for everything right now, but think about it. Off kilter from the what I expect from the rest of the album and I reckon showing a different perspective, but still a tune in its own right.

Properly hearing the w-ing on "reveal my strength" though, that made me chuckle :LOL:

Yeah, i was thinking the same. From what they said in the interview this could very well be true.

Oh yeah that was the same one I checked out. At least helped pass the time when the boards were down.

Doesn't even bother me that they hated it, I've been going to 4chan for like the last 5 years just to laugh at the blind hate filled posts. Never get's old.

Any Ideas what note he hits at the end? I haven't heard him go that high on record since Origin of Symmetry

First high chest note is B flat 5 (or 4), I think. The high chest note for 'strength' is A5 I think. Last falsetto note is A flat but I'm not sure which octave. Sippe knows about this much better than me. I'm got the notes right (90% sure), it's the octaves I'm not so good with.

First high chest note is B flat 5 (or 4), I think. The high chest note for 'strength' is A5 I think. Last falsetto note is A flat but I'm not sure which octave. Sippe knows about this much better than me. I'm got the notes right (90% sure), it's the octaves I'm not so good with.

Bb4 and g#5. Hell of a lot stronger than usual as well.

I kind of like it becuase it's fun. I hope people dont take all the 'I want to win' so seriously and that the casual listener realises it was writtem for the olympics. I also hope it's not on the album because it really wouldn't fit the theme thats been suggested.

Archived