How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Bass is great too. I am hoping someone will strip the vocals and choirs so I can have an instrumental version.

Can someone get on this? The choir was just....:noey:

I remain unimpressed with this :( However, am optimistic for the album since it sounds as though it will be different. I'll just pretend that this never happened.

haters gonna hate, but I liked this song after the first listening, and I like it now, after around the 20th..:DD

and (i hope fellow guitarists agree) I can't stop thinking how cool it'll be to PLAY this song, especially the solos (sadly its 11pm, so I can't experiment)!!

My first reaction was 'Huh? Is this Soaked?'

Then it was more 'Oh my bloody goodness this sounds like a broadway song'

Then 'Why is Matt singing like that?'

Then 'ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK'

Then at the end 'Oh wow, that high note was rather feminine did I mention IT WAS AWESOME TOO!'

It's 6am here, I'm losing my mind a little.

:LOL:

I kind of like it becuase it's fun. I hope people dont take all the 'I want to win' so seriously and that the casual listener realises it was writtem for the olympics. I also hope it's not on the album because it really wouldn't fit the theme thats been suggested.

It is on the album. And I think it could fit the theme. The idea of survival of the fittest, what might happen if society broke down.

Frankly, I'm bloody glad Muse did the song. Soooo many bands would just do a bland, slowly rising song about striving and effort, while Muse go utterly bananas. Which is precisely why I love them.

I love it but I really do hope it's not on the album - doesn't sound like it would fit.

I kind of see your point there. It might work best as a standalone.

I swear "Haters gonna hate" is the most played out line ever.

Agreed. People should also never use meme's, because they end up being killed off insanely quickly, and then they're basically just corpses being violated over and over again.

"LOL LE ARROW IN LE KNEE XD"

Can someone get on this? The choir was just....:noey:

I remain unimpressed with this :( However, am optimistic for the album since it sounds as though it will be different. I'll just pretend that this never happened.

GET OFF THE MUSE BOARD. YOUR KIND ISN'T WELCOME HERE.

Album sounds interesting. Groovey sounds interesting. Like a lot of Supermassive stuff might be on it. I'm quite excited for that. And I've liked Muse's use of wind instruments where they've used them before. But yeah, pretend this song didn't happen :LOL:

Frankly, I'm bloody glad Muse did the song. Soooo many bands would just do a bland, slowly rising song about striving and effort, while Muse go utterly bananas. Which is precisely why I love them.

Indeed. Imagine if Coldplay got it? I love them n'all but a song like Paradise would be so bullshit for the Olympics :LOL:.

If there's one thing Survival doesn't lack it's drama.

I'd have to go back and listen to the interview, but I thought it was mentioned it was on the album.

It is. They said the album goes in a lot of different directions, but they also said Survival is about as over the top as the album gets.

Indeed. Imagine if Coldplay got it? I love them n'all but a song like Paradise would be so bullshit for the Olympics :LOL:.

If there's one thing Survival doesn't lack it's drama.

I think that Coldplay would have been a more appropirate choice, their music is more fitting with the Olympics. I could totally imagine a song like Viva la Vida or Life in Technicolor II or Charlie Brown for the Olympics.

Agreed. People should also never use meme's, because they end up being killed off insanely quickly, and then they're basically just corpses being violated over and over again.

"LOL LE ARROW IN LE KNEE XD"

:LOL: No, but really, the Haters gonna hate is ridiculous ,it's not like I am a hater by nature just cause I hate one song. :p

Archived