How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

My thoughts:

Lyrics:

These are possibly the worst lyrics I've heard in any Muse song. Which is saying something.

At times they make little sense and give an extremely shallow view of what the olympics are all about. In short, I think they've missed the point a little and it is hardly inspiring.

Music:

Musically, Prelude is the best part. Unfortunately it isn't part of the song... The rest seems to continue on the cheese theme from The Resistance/NSC and add to it. Parts of it are ok but generally I am disappointed after a few listens. The vocals aren't great either.

Production:

It seems quite poorly produced which just adds to the cheap/cheesy feel of the song.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed. There seems to be some confusion about whether it's on the Album or not - I'm hoping it isn't. If it is on the Album, I have extremely low expectations. It seems like they are continuing down the Neutron Star Collision path and it sounds incredibly cheap and rushed.

Music:

Musically, Prelude is the best part. Unfortunately it isn't part of the song... The rest seems to continue on the cheese theme from The Resistance/NSC and add to it. Parts of it are ok but generally I am disappointed after a few listens. The vocals aren't great either.

Production:

It seems quite poorly produced which just adds to the cheap/cheesy feel of the song.

wat

My thoughts:

Lyrics:

These are possibly the worst lyrics I've heard in any Muse song. Which is saying something.

At times they make little sense and give an extremely shallow view of what the olympics are all about. In short, I think they've missed the point a little and it is hardly inspiring.

Music:

Production:

Overall I'm a bit disappointed. There seems to be some confusion about whether it's on the Album or not - I'm hoping it isn't. If it is on the Album, I have extremely low expectations. It seems like they are continuing down the Neutron Star Collision path and it sounds incredibly cheap and rushed.

I believe it was said on the interview that Survival will be on the album.

Also, how can you say the production is bad? I think it's actually really good, especially when compared to stuff like BHaR. Especially the guitar and drums sound amazing.

My thoughts:

Lyrics:

Music:

Production:

Fair enough if you don't like the song, but how on Earth can you say its badly produced?

God that sounds like the ultimate cheese overload. :LOL:

With any luck that's a combination we won't get live, otherwise people who are lactose intolerant may have to leave the venue.

You just know that's going to happen now... Survival, into NSC, into Guiding Light.

They should just play that, then leave the stage. Everyone will be too dead from awesome. :LOL:

the production is really really good. unfortunately it's mastered too loud... but then again what isn't these days :( when i first heard it on the radio, the realism of the choir and strings stuck out. They sound much more human, and i agree the drums are kicking arse too. Happy days. I imagine a 5.1 of this would sound a little more dynamic

Could have just been the radio, but the mastering etc still seems quite poor

I've listened to the iTunes version through some studio monitors and it sounds immense. Brilliantly produced since they did it themselves :D

Archived