How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

It is. They said the album goes in a lot of different directions, but they also said Survival is about as over the top as the album gets.

thank God, to be honest. I love the song, but Survival x7 would be a bit too much for my ears

GET OFF THE MUSE BOARD. YOUR KIND ISN'T WELCOME HERE.

Album sounds interesting. Groovey sounds interesting. Like a lot of Supermassive stuff might be on it. I'm quite excited for that. And I've liked Muse's use of wind instruments where they've used them before. But yeah, pretend this song didn't happen :LOL:

WHAT YOU GONNA DO? INFRACT ME AGAIN? :LOL:

Fingers crossed 'groovey' is the heavy bass and drum riffs I know they're capable of. This track was half way to being exactly what I wanted it to be, but somehow it leapt off a cliff and totally missed the target. I guess for the Olympics it's ok...

I like strings and I like Queen and I like choirs. But whatever the hell they did with all three of those things, I'm like :wtf:

I think that Coldplay would have been a more appropirate choice, their music is more fitting with the Olympics. I could totally imagine a song like Viva la Vida or Life in Technicolor II or Charlie Brown for the Olympics./QUOTE]

I can't stand them at the best of times, and them doing the standard uniting the world in fluffiness tropes on that scale would physically hurt me.

BTW did anyone hear a little bit of wub in the breakdown before the solo, or is that all axe work?

I can't stand them at the best of times, and them doing the standard uniting the world in fluffiness would physically hurt me.

Would you rather Muse did it with their fluffiness? :) I get what you are saying, I am aware that many people don't like Coldplay ( I love them ) but still, they make a more suitable music for such events as the Olympics imo...

Did they cut the intro off the iTunes version?

The time they show is a full minute shorter.

Yeah, starts off with the Take That/Scissor Sisters/ELO piano horror. If this is Track 1 on T2L (I only saw it on Twitter a few times so who knows) then thats pretty disappointing.

i would cut my right arm off to see them performing at the Olympic stadium during the opening ceremony .. Imagine them emerging from an underground bunker like they did at Wembley ..

They're performing at the closing ceremony.

Archived