How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I've heard more positive feedback the negative.
this.

overwhelming positive reaction at first, now it's a little more balanced.

me, i loved it :LOL: then again, i care little for lyrics and i love bonkers muse :D and the guitar and the vocals are fantastic and deserve many replays :awesome:

is it supposed to be available to buy today or what..? thought it would be possibly to get it right after it was aired.

Maybe I'm taking too positive of an approach to this, but the things most people seem to be complaining about are the lyrics and the structure.

The lyrics aren't HORRIBLE. Take into account they're for the Olympics. And I could name many other songs with worse lyrics.

The structure is actually pretty basic, if you look at it. The song is just accompanied by a prelude.

Prelude - intro - verse 1 - guitar solo - verse 2 - guitar solo - outro...

All they did was replace the chorus with two guitar instrumentals...

I think it has a lot of great elements. The singing, guitar and bass is great. Drums aren't too shabby either. Lyrics could be a lot better, but passable especially considering the Olympics.

It has everything that people could want. Riffs, classical piano, epic qualities, screams, and guitar solos.

Great job, Muse.

Feel free to criticize this post.

EDIT: I will agree that the choir is annoying, though.

Maybe I'm taking too positive of an approach to this, but the things most people seem to be complaining about are the lyrics and the structure.

The lyrics aren't HORRIBLE. Take into account they're for the Olympics. And I could name many other songs with worse lyrics.

The structure is actually pretty basic, if you look at it. The song is just accompanied by a prelude.

Prelude - intro - verse 1 - guitar solo - verse 2 - guitar solo - outro...

All they did was replace the chorus with two guitar instrumentals...

I think it has a lot of great elements. The singing, guitar and bass is great. Drums aren't too shabby either. Lyrics could be a lot better, but passable especially considering the Olympics.

It has everything that people could want. Riffs, classical piano, epic qualities, screams, and guitar solos.

Great job, Muse.

Feel free to criticize this post.

EDIT: I will agree that the choir is annoying, though.

This completely.

More loving comments, curtsey of 4chan's music board

"dat obvious Olympic cash in lyrics"

"What in the fuck was that." LOTS OF THESE

"Haha oh wow. This is ridiculous. It's over the top and pretentious as fuck, so a typical Muse song really."

"Why do all of their songs sound the same?"

"At least there aren't any godawful wubs for now"

"Trying too hard. Ah well. Shits on anything off of The Resistance though."

"was that for real? That was the fucking worst single song i've ever heard"

"It's not as terrible as I was expecting. Though as someone who loved Matt's voice even on their shittiest songs, he has a weird tone on half of this one that I'm not enjoying."

"Well that was shit. Safe, arena chorus. Piano intro. Standard Muse."

"Muse will never be good as long as Matt Bellamy is in control. They could be doing more stuff like their OoS/Absolution days, but Matt got caught up with being wacky and the second coming of Queen. His guitar and piano skills really mean nothing if all he does with them is silly."

"Considering this is a band who made a song for twilight i don't think we can be that surprised and disappointed. can't wait for the new album though"

"I don't like the song. Hopefully there will at least still be some gems on the upcoming album like Hoodoo or Map of the Problematique"

"It doesn't really represent anything other than how muse sounds writing for the Olympics. I don't think it would be possible to create anything to interesting when it has to appeal to that kind of mass."

I don't think they like it.

Why can't we buy the single yet? Or am I missing something?

For whatever reason it's still not up on the site or on iTunes, it's 1 hour and 20 minutes overdue. Not sure why, I can't see it being a hard task to actually put something up on time for once.

Archived