does anyone know if you can adjust the individual string height on a floyd rose?

edit:

better question, can i do a straight swap of a Floyd Rose to a strat style trem?

There are shims you can buy somewhere out on the internet. Thats the only thing i dont really like about floyds, the bridge is a pain in the ass to adjust be it intonation or saddle height.

Right, I've recently acquired Guitar rig with the intent of messing about with it for a bit, only I haven't got a clue how to set it up. Would someone who's used it before be kind enough as to give me an idiotproof guide to setting it up? Using my zoom pedal as a USB interface?

aw man that sucks! not sure tbh, i reckon people musecasters, hooglebug or phill will know though

i'm sure they will. thanks anyway. yes it does suck. i sold my only back up guitar :rolleyes: been acousticing things up since. its wierd not having an E string.

i'm sure they will. thanks anyway. yes it does suck. i sold my only back up guitar :rolleyes: been acousticing things up since. its wierd not having an E string.

you can get a whole set on store.guitarfetish.com for pretty cheap. Might be worth a look.

dream 90s are good, there PAF humbucker was good, but not enough output for me. haven't tried any others.

Just had a quick google on the Mean 90, which apparenlty has a lot more balls in the neck position than the Dream 90 which can be thin, So I may well get a Mean 90 for the neck, but for the bridge im not so sure, I want lots of powahhh, but for dirt cheap price!

Hmm, are those GFS pups any good? I may be slightly tempted to get one or maybe two... :$

i ordered some cheap pickups a few weeks ago, i hesitated between GFS stuff and IronGear, now i got a bridge IronGear Rolling Mill. Arrived today, gonna put in soon.

What can i expect compared to a stock "duncan designed" crapbucker?

Plus is there any point in putting a switch which can select between which coils should work in single mode? (can't see to much difference between the front or rear coil, they are like 1cm apart)

i ordered some cheap pickups a few weeks ago, i hesitated between GFS stuff and IronGear, now i got a bridge IronGear Rolling Mill. Arrived today, gonna put in soon.

What can i expect compared to a stock "duncan designed" crapbucker?

Plus is there any point in putting a switch which can select between which coils should work in single mode? (can't see to much difference between the front or rear coil, they are like 1cm apart)

Installed it and shielded the guitar with copper. Now i have a feeling that i might fucked up the wiring. The guitar works, but the hum ain't reducing in the "between the bridge and middle" position of the pickup selector. (maybe the noise gets like 10% lower compared to the single positin, but the nosie basically disappears at the middle+neck position) Is it possible that i messed up the phase of the PU-s somehow? The stock bucker was 3 conductor, the new is 4 + 1 extra ground (cable shield probably) i soldered the cables to the same place where it was with the 3 conductor HB. I joined two cables form the 3 signal cable of the pickup like its wiring guide said.

BTW the guitars wiring and the Axetec/IronGear wiring guide is completely different for the same configuration. (HSS, 1vol, 1 tone, coil split)

Archived