Well I don't have the guitar anymore, but it wasn't the guitar then. Because it worked just fine straight into another amp.

Could it be like a grounding issue or something? All the stuff i mentioned is plugged into like multi plug adapter things and it might be a bit far fetched but I'm sure my dad has probably messed with the plugs and the adapters at some stage since he's a know it all, who really has no idea what he's doing.(All that kind of stuff is probably really cheap and crappy knowing him.)

He DJ's, so most of the equipment I was using was his aswell. He said something about getting a buzz being something to do with grounding, although i wouldn't really take his word for anything.

What i would suggest you do is start off with the guitar JUST plugged into the amp, and check that works. Then add into the loop, for example, Guitar rig. Check that. Add effects, check again, and keep doing it one bit at a time till you either get that crazy effect, or, it all works.

That's what i do, even with my normal effect chain, cos sometimes when i just shove it all together, it sounds shit.

Well I don't have the guitar anymore, but it wasn't the guitar then. Because it worked just fine straight into another amp.

Could it be like a grounding issue or something? All the stuff i mentioned is plugged into like multi plug adapter things and it might be a bit far fetched but I'm sure my dad has probably messed with the plugs and the adapters at some stage since he's a know it all, who really has no idea what he's doing.(All that kind of stuff is probably really cheap and crappy knowing him.)

He DJ's, so most of the equipment I was using was his aswell. He said something about getting a buzz being something to do with grounding, although i wouldn't really take his word for anything.

You can get Hum through multi-socket plug adapters, especially if it isnt of the greatest quality, and believe it or not, you can get hum through your amp from various household appliances like washing machines, because it dirties up the power that your various bits and bobs are getting...

just try different combinations of things to try and eliminate what ISNT giving you hum, if it you get hum with everything, just open up your guitar and have a peek if any of the solder has come loose, leaving any wires dangling about, it does sound like it could be a grounding issue...

Okay Quick Question about Guitar Pro 5:

How can you make it so the BPM changes half way throught the tab? The first half is 120 BPM and later in the song it changes to 100 BPM

hffsddh.jpg

click that, somewhere at the bottom of the window that opens you can choose to change the tempo...

although if you had searched on google you would have had your answer much sooner... :rolleyes:

Hey guys, my Digitech RP255 multi effects pedal is a great thing to play with when you're bored. I only use it for the whammy nowadays. However, it has a drop in volume when I engage it. I have the master volume set to full. Is there anything I can do about it?

Googling "Digitech RP255 volume drop" doesnt really get me anything...

just doing some tweaking to my guitar at the moment. I'm fairly sure my cap values are WAY too high which is why i often complain about it being too bassy.

Anyone with high output pickups know off hand what value cap they're using? or infact, with any kind of pickups.

That's what she said!!

Can you not set individual patch levels? If so, create a totally clean patch at one level, then a whammy patch at a similar level.

I can but my problem is not that the different patches on it are at different levels, but when the unit's engaged, there's quite a noticeable volume drop...

I can but my problem is not that the different patches on it are at different levels, but when the unit's engaged, there's quite a noticeable volume drop...

yeh, just always keep it engaged. Set your patch levels right, then create a blank patch, and set that level to match.

KWESCHUN!

If you get a Midi controller, and say you have a midi device, like a Kaoss Pad or a Whammy, can you assign ANY controls to anything? Like i was looking at the korg nano pad, and if i had a whammy, could i set it that the buttons change which program is set?

It depends on the gear. Some controllers will be limited as to what signals they can send, and some devices will be limited to what signals they respond to.

AFAIK you can control everything on the whammy with MIDI, so it would depend on the controller.

Does it have a MIDI input LOL?

just doing some tweaking to my guitar at the moment. I'm fairly sure my cap values are WAY too high which is why i often complain about it being too bassy.

Anyone with high output pickups know off hand what value cap they're using? or infact, with any kind of pickups.

From the 'ToAn HaWnd' himself

Increasing your resistance values on the pots will decrease the amount of bass.

bypass is just bypass. You'd have to adjust a volume pedal, or turn on a boost every time you turned off the multi.

Just make a clean patch that's the same level as the other patches, and use that instead of bypass. I don't see the problem.

im gonna sort of correct you there, and say that when you bypass a pod xt live it has a bypass level choosy thing, so it could be similar... though i agree, bypass should be 'GTFO my chain', and thus be bypass.

sup knt

how do i go about making some isolated tracks? (if that's the right way to put it). you know, separating guitar or bass or drums or whatever else from a single track into a bunch of separate ones.

with great luck:rolleyes:

(if you are talking about like having a .wav file where a few instruments play simultaneously and you wanna save the different instruments as solo tracks)

Yeh that's pretty impossible.

im gonna sort of correct you there, and say that when you bypass a pod xt live it has a bypass level choosy thing, so it could be similar... though i agree, bypass should be 'GTFO my chain', and thus be bypass.

If you bypassed it with a TB loop...... :p

Archived