Does anyone know the pedal that matt is talking about having lost to use for muscle museum? Is it a Boss Harmonix by any chance?

Personally I think he is talking utter bollocks, but didnt he use something like a Roland VG-8 multi-fx unit back in showbiz/OoS days? He used it alot Live back then anyway creating weird pitch shifted sounds...

Infact, Just looking at the Glastonbury video of it, it just sounds like Whammy and a sweep/phase echo...

basically he just doesnt want to play it.

That is going to be my new undertitle.

Just because.

Oh, and your fulltone has been mailed. might take a while to get there - last one took a little over two weeks.

Good news! my Antiquity IIs might have actually made it to me by that point too, apparently Seymour Duncan himself makes and signs them, like the signature will affect the tone or something :erm:

Quick question that i think will be more applicable to those of you with KP2's. If you have an effect or several effects in the FX loop of your amp, what way does it go about eh.... working? I think this is easier to explain with an example.

Ok, so KP's tend to absolutely remove your dynamics completely. In my case where it's input > stuff > KP > stuff > amp, i've to readjust all the volumes, and tonestacks with the KP in the FX Chain. Without it, things are louder, and things like adjustments to treble, mid etc, are more noticible. So, if a KP was in an FX Loop of an amp, turned on etc etc, does it only become part of the "FX Chain" when you touch the pad to "engage" the effect? when you're not touching the pad, is it as if it was completely bypassed??

hope that's somewhat clear...

If you've got it set up right with the right leads then you get a perfect signal through it. It wouldn't work well for DJing if the audio being run through it came out fucked would it.

The problem arises when you try and run it in a guitar set up at guitar output levels.

In the FX loop at line level it is perfect.

Before anyone says different, I've A/B'd it in a true bypass loop in my FX loop and there is no audible difference when it's in the chain.

Quick question that i think will be more applicable to those of you with KP2's. If you have an effect or several effects in the FX loop of your amp, what way does it go about eh.... working? I think this is easier to explain with an example.

Ok, so KP's tend to absolutely remove your dynamics completely. In my case where it's input > stuff > KP > stuff > amp, i've to readjust all the volumes, and tonestacks with the KP in the FX Chain. Without it, things are louder, and things like adjustments to treble, mid etc, are more noticible. So, if a KP was in an FX Loop of an amp, turned on etc etc, does it only become part of the "FX Chain" when you touch the pad to "engage" the effect? when you're not touching the pad, is it as if it was completely bypassed??

hope that's somewhat clear...

not, FX loop is for the guys who use amp distortion and wanna use modulation effects.

Now generally modulation (like delay) comes after distortion. But if you only have an input on your amp and wanna use modulation and amp distortion, you will have your modulation before the distortion which generally sucks.

FX loop is just an output after the preamp (generally) to be able to put things after (amp) distortion. I think the internal connection is like this: input jack--->preamp--->FX send FX return--->poweramp

If you use your amp only as a clean amp and every distortion/od/fuzz comes from your pedals, then FX loop is useless.

At least this is how i see it, but the wise folks here will correct me if i am wrong.

not, FX loop is for the guys who use amp distortion and wanna use modulation effects.

Now generally modulation (like delay) comes after distortion. But if you only have an input on your amp and wanna use modulation and amp distortion, you will have your modulation before the distortion which generally sucks.

FX loop is just an output after the preamp (generally) to be able to put things after (amp) distortion. I think the internal connection is like this: input jack--->preamp--->FX send FX return--->poweramp

If you use your amp only as a clean amp and every distortion/od/fuzz comes from your pedals, then FX loop is useless.

At least this is how i see it, but the wise folks here will correct me if i am wrong.

Well a) FX loops often run at line-level, which is handy for incorporating non-guitar fx/rack gear

b) if your peddle lol doesn't have a blend control, a lot of fx loops do!

So, without getting a new amp, what's going to be my options here? I know the KP is line level, but isn't there a way i can have it that it only comes into the chain when i touch the pad?

you leave it on all the time and use a true bypass box in the FX Loop to provide it with line level signal. so you turn it on/off with the TBP box. there might be other megahacking solutions but this seems like the easiest.

Archived