And a blend control! :p

and a parallel/series switch! :LOL:

already said i'd put in blend.

won't need a series/parallel switch.

As for my whammy, wd40 it is. I'll give it a go later. Is it just on the hinge of the treadle?

already said i'd put in blend.

won't need a series/parallel switch.

As for my whammy, wd40 it is. I'll give it a go later. Is it just on the hinge of the treadle?

Yeah just on the bolts each side. But beware, your WHAMMY might end up FLOPPING to toe down all the time if you loosen it up too much.

WD40 is the answer to everything...

"damn, that door handle has been really stiff recently..." "oh, just put a little WD40 on it.."

"that pram wheel is a bit squeeky, ill put some WD40 on it tomorrow."

"where is the WD40? my bike gears are jammed..."

"man my back is really hurting." "just put a little WD40 on it and you will be fine."

Think i just fucked part of the bridge on my guitar.

I was replacing the strings, it's a normal floyd rose. I took out the strings, and as per usual, started replacing them with the heaviest first. 3 strings in, and i notice the bridge wasn't getting a good grip on the string. So, i decided i'd have a closer look. I undid the screw that holds the sort of catch bit in place, and took out the corresponding bar bit that you tighten with the allen key. So i had the 3 parts to the string bit out. The screw, the catch, and the bar. I hope that's all relatively clear.

It all looked ok to me, so i figured maybe the screw was loose. I put the catch back down in place and tried to screw it in. Strangely, the screw won't make a catch in the hole. It's as if it doesn't go in far enough to make a proper catch.

So, possible solutions as i see it. One of 4. This is them in order of what i'd like to do.

1. Swap that particular string saddle thing with one next to it. If they're all a standard size, just intonated differently, it's not a problem. Easy fix.

2. Bring it into a shop, get them to fix it, lose some monies. sadface.

3. Take a sharp knife, probably a stanley, and shave off the paint and possibly some metal on that saddle so the screw can go down a bit further.

4. Replace the whole fucking bridge.

I have a massive sadface, so if anyone can help, i'd be most appreciative.

has anybody ever heard or tried this?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75896

Say I'm looking for like an octave lower for MK Ultra, or to sound like My Iron Lung or just some other whammy/harmony/octave effect songs, would this be sufficient?

I'd imagine it wouldn't be brilliant rocking backwards and forwards for say some Tom Morello style shit, but I can't bring myself to fork out for a digitech.

There appears to be a lack of info on this pedal around

Edit: guess I didn't look around hard enough last night, but reviews of this claim it to be terrible. oh well

Any idea what is being used for the boost at the end of the song? (starting around 3:30) I know I've seen him switch two different things on to get this sound before... one might be a mid boost of some sort (the DOD EQ most likely) but it also seems like it's an octave lower...I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqy_-2ASg4Y

Before I was certain it was the DOD EQ (listen to the guitar intro in the video below - that sounds like a mid boost ONLY), but it appears to be an octave lower in the video above....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3TjLctAzi8

roland!

Haha thats what I mean't :facepalm: Not korg :p

But yeah, it sounds like the same effect that he uses quite frequently on this Roskilde (or at least a festival around the same time) bootleg, On Minimum at least.

Edit: Ah wait, It was Eurockèennes in 2000.

I suppose it is the roland bringing it down an octave, then the DOD EQ boosting it.

That eurocks video wasn't actually the best example. I think he was using the DOD EQ as a mid boost only later on (without the roland? kicking it down an octave):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCjd68dJrVY

listen from 2:22

Now, that's not an octave lower, but there is a boost in the mids.

There's no picture of his pedalboard from 1999-early 2000, but I've got this from when they were recording OOS. From how it looks in various videos on the showbiz tour, it hasn't changed much...

gu_oldpedalboard.jpg

Okay so I know pretty much nothing about the tech side of guitars. I just pick up my guitar, set my amp/multi FX pedal to a sound that I like, and play. I've been thinking of suping up my Tokai SG especially now that I got my hands on quite a bit of financial aid money and will be getting a job very soon. Would getting a Fernandes Sustainer be a good idea? From what I've seen Matt do, I like what it's capable of. Also, how much would it cost to buy and have a professional install it for me?

Okay so I know pretty much nothing about the tech side of guitars. I just pick up my guitar, set my amp/multi FX pedal to a sound that I like, and play. I've been thinking of suping up my Tokai SG especially now that I got my hands on quite a bit of financial aid money and will be getting a job very soon. Would getting a Fernandes Sustainer be a good idea? From what I've seen Matt do, I like what it's capable of. Also, how much would it cost to buy and have a professional install it for me?

I'd suggest to not get a Fernandes sustainer, cause most of the things matt does with it will also sound cool without the sustainer on, like some of the bends he does that change into harmonics, they sound good without the harmonic end, you can go crazy without all the extra stuff.

Get a good overdrive/distortion tone on your amp/effectsboard and you are already getting a long way

Archived