You need to be more specific. What do you actually want to do?

As I already said, Im not that good at computers with guitar stuff therefore I just wnt to know what kind of programs are there so I could learn more about different things.

I know how to use cubase (thts about it), as I have been recording songs with my band.

As I already said, Im not that good at computers with guitar stuff therefore I just wnt to know what kind of programs are there so I could learn more about different things.

I know how to use cubase (thts about it), as I have been recording songs with my band.

That's still pretty vague :)

Guitar software is mostly amp/effect simulations for recording (Guitar Rig, Amplitube etc). DAWs like Cubase, Logic, Ableton, Pro Tools etc are generally better for getting creative, but not so useful for live stuff (Except maybe Ableton depending on what you're doing). Then there's Max/MSP, Reaktor etc where you build your own effects and stuff.

That's still pretty vague :)

Guitar software is mostly amp/effect simulations for recording (Guitar Rig, Amplitube etc). DAWs like Cubase, Logic, Ableton, Pro Tools etc are generally better for getting creative, but not so useful for live stuff (Except maybe Ableton depending on what you're doing). Then there's Max/MSP, Reaktor etc where you build your own effects and stuff.

Do you know which software does muse use for their recordings?

(On the video "Making of the Resistance" it doesnt look like cubase)

Do you know which software does muse use for their recordings?

(On the video "Making of the Resistance" it doesnt look like cubase)

Pro Tools HD.

It's industry standard and costs thousands (Though there are cheaper versions of it), but the reasons for that aren't actually beneficial to a hobbyist in their bedroom.

As you have Cubase, I wouldn't bother looking at a PT setup.

Also, Muse have lots of outboard/hardware and I'd imagine 3rd party plugins, so any DAW could get the same results, just they could afford to invest in PTHD.

something about enhancing parts of the wave that would normally be quiet, I went over the top when I said "Fact" also... :$

New years drunkardness... :LOL:

It doesn't enhance anything, just as the note is actually sustaining (rather than decaying), the harmonics that are there during the attack remain, so what you are hearing is actually your tone, so if you don't like it, sort it out and don't blame the Ebow :)

Not sure if I should drink tonight, I always seem to be ill this time of year :(

It doesn't enhance anything, just as the note is actually sustaining (rather than decaying), the harmonics that are there during the attack remain, so what you are hearing is actually your tone, so if you don't like it, sort it out and don't blame the Ebow :)

Not sure if I should drink tonight, I always seem to be ill this time of year :(

*sigh* i know i'm tipsy but i'll try and sort this out...

An E-bow resonates the string artificially, therefore, it wouldn't have the "natural" responses of a standard string.

And believe it or not, this would sound different.......

if you want sustain... buy heavier strings, a new nut and set your neck in, dont be a pussy and buy an Ebow...

Archived