yeah, but i found they rusted and snapped quicker than other strings. Tbh, i haven't gotten them in a while, but i just remember them cos i got less than a month out of them. I've been using elixer 9's for the last 2 years, and i can't think of a single bad thing to say about them.

yeah, but i found they rusted and snapped quicker than other strings. Tbh, i haven't gotten them in a while, but i just remember them cos i got less than a month out of them. I've been using elixer 9's for the last 2 years, and i can't think of a single bad thing to say about them.

i could never get used to that coating on the elixer strings. either way...probably going to give the dunlops a chance. can't find any 13's besides d'addario.

generally use gibson or ernie ball strings, and i rarely have them snap.

rotos aren't particularly well known around here, but i liked their 13's (greys)

n00b question probably, but here goes.

Will a semi hollow bodied guitar sound noticeably different to a solid bodied guitar when plugged in? obviously they will sound different unplugged.

i recall the only semi hollow I've tried was an ES-335, but that was quite a while ago. can't remember much..

unless the gretsch is a semi hollow...they call that chambered iirc, which is different i think.

rotos aren't particularly well known around here, but i liked their 13's (greys)

n00b question probably, but here goes.

Will a semi hollow bodied guitar sound noticeably different to a solid bodied guitar when plugged in? obviously they will sound different unplugged.

i recall the only semi hollow I've tried was an ES-335, but that was quite a while ago. can't remember much..

unless the gretsch is a semi hollow...they call that chambered iirc, which is different i think.

here Hoodlebug explains what he thinks is the main difference between solid and hollow.

I had a hollow body electric, kind of an es-355 copy, it sounded really cool but it did feedback very easily. I think the main difference was more sustain and tones.

I'm not sure this is the right topic to ask this but I was sure it would be retarded to open a thread for this.

When MUSE play Sing for Absolution, Matt is playing with the kaoss pad, right? Or is it some sort of slide? This question is probably dumb, im pretty sure its the kaoss pad but I want to be sure.

You can see what I mean here

(in the moment he starts to keep up with the piano, per example)

I'm not sure this is the right topic to ask this but I was sure it would be retarded to open a thread for this.

When MUSE play Sing for Absolution, Matt is playing with the kaoss pad, right? Or is it some sort of slide? This question is probably dumb, im pretty sure its the kaoss pad but I want to be sure.

You can see what I mean here

(in the moment he starts to keep up with the piano, per example)

He's just using the sustainer pickup

@James90 ES335 makes a great noise,but be careful if it goes wrong electrically as they have no access panels so you have to work through the F-Holes! very tricky!

this has probably been asked a bzillion times but what is the guitar effect on Map Of The Problematique? i've got something similar on my Phase pedal but it's not quite right

Archived