There isn't really anything on here for patches, since people all use different pedals and you've only heard matt's guitar through mic'ed up amps and stuff, which makes it more difficult to replicate properly.

OK thanks. I was just wondering whether anyone on here actually used the RP50.

OK thanks. I was just wondering whether anyone on here actually used the RP50.

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/guitar_list_patches.asp?productid=1

Maybe try there, the only place I know for RP50 Muse patches , there are like 5.

I'm not a guitarist but I'd say he used the Z.Vex. So why don't you try the Z.Vex Fuzz Factory patch?

A friend of mine used a Boss Metall Distortion once and even he came close to it.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUU.

i finally got reason, and i'm really enjoying it with my m-audio keyboard, but there is a slight but noticeable lag. I asked a similar question a while ago and chris said i should use the asio4all driver, but this time, i have no idea what to do. I guess there isnt really much i can do to get rid of the lag unless i get a better soundcard fitted to my laptop or some sort of interface, but i really dont want to do that.

any suggestions? :$

FFFFFFFFFUUUUU.

i finally got reason, and i'm really enjoying it with my m-audio keyboard, but there is a slight but noticeable lag. I asked a similar question a while ago and chris said i should use the asio4all driver, but this time, i have no idea what to do. I guess there isnt really much i can do to get rid of the lag unless i get a better soundcard fitted to my laptop or some sort of interface, but i really dont want to do that.

any suggestions? :$

no, if youve got quicker asio drivers and want lower latency, thats what audio interfaces are for. you can get them cheap though! look into low latency interfaces.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/9945

there's a nice swamp ash studio that doesn't have it. I've seen them in a variety of colours in my local shop, studio ones, with no pickguard.

as far as filling it in if you take it off, i think some people have done it with woodglue, or a matchstick and woodfiller. I think there's a few options, but obvioulsy, it'd be handier if you could just get the colour etc you want without a PG.

ahh cool, i'm not a fan of the swamp ash one. i quite want a white one but i've only seen them with the scratchplate for sale but i dunno. i also dont want the gold hardware and would rather chrome, seems to be an option at gak but not sure if thats standard. at gak they have les paul standards without scratchplates and state you can add them if you want, doens't say same for studio. confusing

ahh cool, i'm not a fan of the swamp ash one. i quite want a white one but i've only seen them with the scratchplate for sale but i dunno. i also dont want the gold hardware and would rather chrome, seems to be an option at gak but not sure if thats standard. at gak they have les paul standards without scratchplates and state you can add them if you want, doens't say same for studio. confusing

There is (or was?) a white studio with chrome hardware.

classic white finish has chrome hardware

alpine white finish has gold hardware

just gibson doesn't seem to have the classic white listed anymore.

the scratchplates can be removed easily, but they do leave two small holes. personally I prefer the look of pickguards on LPs though. (in most cases).

There is (or was?) a white studio with chrome hardware.

classic white finish has chrome hardware

alpine white finish has gold hardware

just gibson doesn't seem to have the classic white listed anymore.

the scratchplates can be removed easily, but they do leave two small holes. personally I prefer the look of pickguards on LPs though. (in most cases).

ahh i see, classic white is the more yellowy one isn't it? apline white is like the brilliant one? do you know if they come from the factory with the scratchplates? ideally i'd want it without the holes but obviously i'd live with them rather than go to great lengths to get one without. there any tips on how to sort the holes? i guess thats just very basic word work stuff.

i'm on the side of no scratchplates on les pauls ever, i blame that on idolising slash as a kid and them just always looking odd to me with them.

ahh i see, classic white is the more yellowy one isn't it? apline white is like the brilliant one? do you know if they come from the factory with the scratchplates? ideally i'd want it without the holes but obviously i'd live with them rather than go to great lengths to get one without. there any tips on how to sort the holes? i guess thats just very basic word work stuff.

i'm on the side of no scratchplates on les pauls ever, i blame that on idolising slash as a kid and them just always looking odd to me with them.

Yeah, it's sort of hard to explain the difference in the two colors. alpine white is a lot brighter, while classic white is more like this..

http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/images/large/Gibson%20LP%20Studio%20Classic%20White.jpg

not too yellow at all, but all of them seem to turn that color over time anyway.

i can't really help with sorting the holes, but any luthier should be able to cover them.

it's alright i think i know the differences, thanks for explaining. i'm tempted to go for a alpine white les paul, replace the hardware with chrome (i'm right to assume its not easy these days to get hardware in colours other than chrome, gold and black right?), put some new pups (tempted by the crazy: http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/progressive/prails_shpr1/ but will probably wimp out and get alnico hums) and then in the end it'll look like a cross between bucketheads les paul and sadly kate perrys les paul

Archived