@James90 ES335 makes a great noise,but be careful if it goes wrong electrically as they have no access panels so you have to work through the F-Holes! very tricky!

this has probably been asked a bzillion times but what is the guitar effect on Map Of The Problematique? i've got something similar on my Phase pedal but it's not quite right

From the FAQ:

It's a Nord Modulator G2 Rack Unit, it's basically a sequenced pitch shifter like people have said.

hey, Question...

Anyone ever had a MJM pedal?

If so... Build quality? Sound quality? and value...

I'm looking at the three knob (yes yes... i said knob!) "BritBender" fuzz pedal...

a "pwoper" fuzz pedal in my opinion...

Its either the MJM or the Zvex mastotron (yes MASTOTRON, and no... I dont mean FF.. i aint gonna try to be "bellorz")

opinions?

fucking lol

so a question about technique.

when picking, do you lot rest your hand on anything? i generally have my finger rested on the body/pickguard below the high E string...my teacher also does that, though he's said he's seen lots of people not rest their hand anywhere. (I can sort of do this, though it gets a bit sloppy as i'm not used to it)

i know some people also rest their hand on the bridge, but i play a strat a lot, so that's not really an option :facepalm:

oh and strats...

tried out some of the limited edition USA strats. the fiesta red one i tried looked and played great, but there's now this black stuff all over my fingers. fender is dying their fretboards?

fucking lol

so a question about technique.

when picking, do you lot rest your hand on anything? i generally have my finger rested on the body/pickguard below the high E string...my teacher also does that, though he's said he's seen lots of people not rest their hand anywhere. (I can sort of do this, though it gets a bit sloppy as i'm not used to it)

i know some people also rest their hand on the bridge, but i play a strat a lot, so that's not really an option :facepalm:

oh and strats...

tried out some of the limited edition USA strats. the fiesta red one i tried looked and played great, but there's now this black stuff all over my fingers. fender is dying their fretboards?

depends, if i'm picking strings (not strumming) then yea, i generally rest my wrist/palm on the hardtail bridge... if i'm strumming... naaa... im an exaggerator when it comes to strumming...

MJM pedals ne1?

I'm trying to power my DD3 Delay with an AC adaptor - which I know powers my other pedals without any problems - but the delay sounds 'short' and fuzzy. However, the pedal runs fine when it's running off a 9v battery. Any ideas?

Surely it would need to be a DC adapter? Also is it getting enough amps?

I have a uber noob question.

my high e string snapped on my guitar (again, quite annoying) so i tried to restring it (i am a total noob at that) but it just doesnt sound right, no matter how tight it is. i've had it on the verge of snapping again and my tuner seems to think it is a B. the string is a 0.10 (last guitar was 0.09, make any difference?)

i put my finger on the 14th fret and then my tuner says it is an e.

one more thing, a couple of the frets need shaving down a little (especially where they meet the e) could this be affecting it?

I have a uber noob question.

my high e string snapped on my guitar (again, quite annoying) so i tried to restring it (i am a total noob at that) but it just doesnt sound right, no matter how tight it is. i've had it on the verge of snapping again and my tuner seems to think it is a B. the string is a 0.10 (last guitar was 0.09, make any difference?)

i put my finger on the 14th fret and then my tuner says it is an e.

one more thing, a couple of the frets need shaving down a little (especially where they meet the e) could this be affecting it?

Maybe you have it too tight?

i doubt thats what i am doing; the tighter the string the higher the pitch right? well no matter how tight the string is, it is too low. and if it is any more loose it gets much worse. think i'll just buy some new strings. if that doesnt work then i will hold my hands up and admit that i am actually a retard.

edit: i am not a retard i have sucessfully changed strings before!! (on a different guitar admittedly)

i doubt thats what i am doing; the tighter the string the higher the pitch right? well no matter how tight the string is, it is too low. and if it is any more loose it gets much worse. think i'll just buy some new strings. if that doesnt work then i will hold my hands up and admit that i am actually a retard.

edit: i am not a retard i have sucessfully changed strings before!! (on a different guitar admittedly)

make sure if its a trem guitar that the whammy bar isnt bending with the strings...

ive had that problem, just chuck another spring or two on the trem...

yes yes... i said whammy...

ok, bit of an embarrassing question but when it comes to keyboards/pianos i'm a bit of a n00b. For the last couple of years the only keyboard I've had is one of those cheaper ones without weighted keys and with speakers built in etc... but now I have some money and I've found somewhere where I can get a Kawai MP5 for a reasonable price, but I'm just wondering if these more "proffesional" pianos have speakers built in or do you have to buy a keyboard amplifier in addition to the keyboard itself?

make sure if its a trem guitar that the whammy bar isnt bending with the strings...

ive had that problem, just chuck another spring or two on the trem...

yes yes... i said whammy...

its les paul shaped. no whammy :( off to the music shop.

you tune thicker strings tighter. what gauge is it? you sure you're not using a G or B string? If it's the right string just tune it up!

i use six .60 strings cause i'm hard like that.

for those that normally gig...

i'm probably going to again soon, but last time i did... the guitar got lost in the mix. it just wouldn't cut through. kept trying to adjust the EQ, but it didn't help.

i've been using the same setup for the past year at least - and haven't had this issue before at all. maybe it was the venue or something?

the past few times i ran the head at half power, but i wouldn't think that would make a noticeable difference... it's still 50 watts .. and i've used the 30 watt orange before.

the cab is a 2x12 if it matters.

i use six .60 strings cause i'm hard like that.

for those that normally gig...

i'm probably going to again soon, but last time i did... the guitar got lost in the mix. it just wouldn't cut through. kept trying to adjust the EQ, but it didn't help.

i've been using the same setup for the past year at least - and haven't had this issue before at all. maybe it was the venue or something?

the past few times i ran the head at half power, but i wouldn't think that would make a noticeable difference... it's still 50 watts .. and i've used the 30 watt orange before.

the cab is a 2x12 if it matters.

would probably be down to the sound guy or acoustical properties of the venue, a 2x12 at 50w is plenty for gigging if its mic'd up (i assume it was?). mic position or eq at the desk of your guitar will influence a lot, and of course how high the fader was :p

maybe you just got unlucky with the sound guy, some sound guys consistently mix a certain thing too low... usually vocals or guitars in my experience

Archived