you gave the solution yourself

"I can't see why this wouldn't work as it means the guitar volume into the whammy is still full but the signal driving the amp is weaker but I thought I'd get a second opinion anyway."

Excellent. Just wanted to double check that my reasoning was sound.

Jack white uses an MXR microamp in his effect lineup. He leaves it on all the time, just to balance out the tone loss.

that actually explains a shitload about his tone.. itd work something similar to dave gilmour compressing the shit out of the signal before it hits his whammy, yeah?

Whammy isn't effected by volume really. I can get it to track even with my bass turned down v. low. Volume peaks (as would be solved by a compressor) will not have any negative effect on it.

tom got banned? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Yes I did, for writing a rap taking the piss out of trademark.

Whammy isn't effected by volume really. I can get it to track even with my bass turned down v. low. Volume peaks (as would be solved by a compressor) will not have any negative effect on it.

Yes I did, for writing a rap taking the piss out of trademark.

welcome back, tom

hi everyone, just wondering if anyone could reccomend a good keyboard at a price range of between £500 - £1000. has to include 88 weighted keys, and a sustain pedal (is it called a sustain pedal?). if it's a little over then that will be acceptable :p

also, i've always wondered how bellamy changes the sound of his piano from a classical piano sound, to a more electronic sound, like on apocalypse please and space dementia, does he do something or is it someone backstage?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Well I was looking for something to handle distortion a bit better and i meant nothing is wrong with the pickups as in they aren't broken or anything.

Hmm I'd rather say that you should tweak/replace/buy new distortion /amp channel, what are you using atm?

hey.

looking to pick up a Digitech Whammy. Quick question for someone who owns one. What's the story with the powersupply? I can't seem to find much/any details on the web about it, but it looks like a standard 9V powersupply? the same as what powers most pedals like.

hey.

looking to pick up a Digitech Whammy. Quick question for someone who owns one. What's the story with the powersupply? I can't seem to find much/any details on the web about it, but it looks like a standard 9V powersupply? the same as what powers most pedals like.

i thought they used 12v ac supplies? look in the manual?

yeah that's what i thought....

I also just came across something in maplin. It's a transformer to go from UK voltage to US voltage, so i could get that and use it here.

If all else fails, you can get UK WH4 power adaptors on thomann for €20ish.

Archived