Right, 3rd time asking, HOPEFULLY I'll actually get an answer:

I'm thinking of an EQ pedal for my Bass, to completely replace any other EQs, both on other pedals and on the amp. I'm choosing between the Boss GEB-7 and the MXR 10-Band EQ. Is the extra £20 worth the ability to boost right down towards the low B on my 5-String?

The lowest band should be a shelf on both, so you'll be able to boost it (the bottom string) with both... It just depends how much control you want, weighted against price and size :)

Also they probably sound different overall :p

The lowest band should be a shelf on both, so you'll be able to boost it (the bottom string) with both... It just depends how much control you want, weighted against price and size :)

Also they probably sound different overall :p

Well yeah, I figured since they not only have a differing amount of control, but also a different set of frequencies to control, they'd sound different in general. Tbh, I'm not too bothered about that, as I imagine the difference would be somewhat negligible?

Well yeah, I figured since they not only have a differing amount of control, but also a different set of frequencies to control, they'd sound different in general. Tbh, I'm not too bothered about that, as I imagine the difference would be somewhat negligible?

Yes but it may make a difference to you, even so! Try them out ideally - one may be your thing...

I would never use it anyway, also because I have the semi-parametric EQ. Great for quick adjustments.

If you set your amp EQ to some basic sound, and thén set your EQ pedal sound, you can also use it as a boost pedal for solos.

Why do you want a pedal to replace your amp's EQ? It doesn't make any sense to me!

Because my amp's EQ is only 5-band, and I guess I'm just after more control, really.

MuseMatt's idea of having a pedal in addition to my amp's EQ doesn't sound like too bad an idea. The pedal would be going at the end of the pedal chain anyway, and it'd be permanently on.

Archived