update, took it to local music shop. the guy was really helpful. he adjusted the neck and said the main problem is that because i bought the guitar straight off the wall the strings were old and hadn't been played/stretched resulting in it going out of tune super easy. so i'm going to change them and sort of 'break them in'. all seems to be good now.

edit: have restrung guitar, sounds like a dream. no problems at all with it now. and it was my first time changing a whole guitars strings. go me:party:

I don't understand. You said your E string snapped a lot, so unless you were playing with invisible strings, that obviously means you've restrung it before. So if you've restrung it, it means new strings. :rolleyes:

Either way, you are confusing :D

it makes sense in my head. e string snapped, restrung it (just the e), well done me. but this time i had to do the rest of the guitar, something i've not done before i just left the rest of them before. and had one new string and 5 old ones. hopefully cleared that up

Been looking at a treble booster called the Flash Drive, from Throbak Electronics. It's meant to have higher, more raw gain than the basic Rangemaster sound, comparable to the Flash Gordon soundtrack (!?).

fd_2.jpg

Trouble is, I can't seem to find much in the way of reviews. Anyone heard anything good about the company?

Been looking at a treble booster called the Flash Drive, from Throbak Electronics. It's meant to have higher, more raw gain than the basic Rangemaster sound, comparable to the Flash Gordon soundtrack (!?).

fd_2.jpg

Trouble is, I can't seem to find much in the way of reviews. Anyone heard anything good about the company?

couldn't say much about that, but if you went for a "screaming bird" by the folks at EHX you'll find plenty of reviews, and its one of the cheapest of its type on the market...

I can speak for the rangemaster, having built one. It's not bad, but there's WAY too much treble in it. As far as boosters go, my preference is still 100% towards the ZVex Super Hard On. Honestly, there just is no way to describe it's awesomeness.

couldn't say much about that, but if you went for a "screaming bird" by the folks at EHX you'll find plenty of reviews, and its one of the cheapest of its type on the market...
The Screaming Bird just leaves me feeling a bit underwhelmed. I seem to remember hearing something about it not being a 'true' treble boost. I may be wrong though.

I can speak for the rangemaster, having built one. It's not bad, but there's WAY too much treble in it. As far as boosters go, my preference is still 100% towards the ZVex Super Hard On. Honestly, there just is no way to describe it's awesomeness.

Suspect I might end up going with the StRange Master, which I guess is a Rangemaster clone, but with bias adjustment and switchable range. Seems to do the Beano/May tones very well too. And it's more within my budget than any Z-Vex. :p

quick question.

I'm just about to take the two pickups out of the failaxe, and put 1 of them into my peavey. They're GFS Crunchy rails, both with 16.2k output. One is marked "Neck" and the other is marked "Bridge". If they both have the same output, would i get the same result putting the Neck one into a Bridge position, provided it went in at the right height etc etc?

I'm looking for a bit of help with Cubase. I'm importing midi files into Cubase then using vsti's to make songs etc, however whenever I press stop or press the space bar the vsti preset is jumping back to the original preset it was on. This has only started today so I don't know if I've clicked on something by accident or maybe un-clicked something. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

This is happening on all the vsti's by the way.

Doesn't matter, I've fixed it myself. There was some program changes in the midi.

you can get "softpots" which are membrane pots. They're similar to how an ipod's touchwheel works. I'd say you could use those with something like an arduino and find a solution that way. Gazlang would be the guy to talk to there afaik.

the thing was that the copper plate under the top layer wood would resonate the guitar signal around the body, an extra plus, the edges would be bound with metal anyway so basically it would be an metal bound electric guitar acting like an acoustic in the way that the resonance returns to the strings, that was the idea at first, i then thought, "Hey, why not use that sheet and use it as a theremin also?" a win / win scenario

Dont flame, t'was just (and still is) an idea in its infancy...

no i wouldn't flame a genuinely interesting idea. i know there are certain people who i'm sure will, so don't say i didn't warn you.

sounds like a good idea. I'm sure i came across before a proximity plate that was being used to control pot values. i'll keep an eye out for it.

no i wouldn't flame a genuinely interesting idea. i know there are certain people who i'm sure will, so don't say i didn't warn you.

sounds like a good idea. I'm sure i came across before a proximity plate that was being used to control pot values. i'll keep an eye out for it.

Haha, i think i know who your on about ;)

i'm pretty sure this would work, however undisclosed problems are rife.

gonna have to scour the interwebs for inspiration...

o well :LOL:

i know i came across a circuit before, but i distinctly remember it being a relatively big one. Practicality could be an issue here. I'd say you'll have to keep the proximity plates pretty small (cos i don't think theremin is the correct term, but i might be wrong)

Archived