i know i came across a circuit before, but i distinctly remember it being a relatively big one. Practicality could be an issue here. I'd say you'll have to keep the proximity plates pretty small (cos i don't think theremin is the correct term, but i might be wrong)

:LOL: *proximity plates

Fixed?

meh,it'd be a very Uberbantamfeatherlightweight guitar so it shouldnt matter TOO much, just circuit protection and reliability issues :happy:

out of interest russell_a, did you give any thought to materials for the body/neck? lol! carbon fiber for uber lightness!!! :awesome:

Graphite :yesey:

and honeycomb aluminium for (little) resonance chambers, lightness AND strength...

Yea i did think about it :awesome:!

You can just call me Russ/Russell mind... i don't care :awesome:

Hi,

How can you achieve a Hyper Music guitar sound, using a Orange Tiny Terror + PPC212 and a Zvex fuzz factory?

What FF settings?

Thanks

Your best bet would be 10 7 7 12 5

the roll back your guitar volume a little to get that bright cutting should.

Or even better just crank the amp with the gain down.

Using cubase 4

i have a guitar to usb cable but cant see it in devices should i be looking anywhere special?

really stuck

i can see the device in the bottom right of the screen but not in the devices drop down menu

check "My computer" and disconnect/reconnect until you see what one is your guitar, thank you and goodnight

Using cubase 4

i have a guitar to usb cable but cant see it in devices should i be looking anywhere special?

really stuck

i can see the device in the bottom right of the screen but not in the devices drop down menu

I've not done it before where you use one soundcard as an input, and another as an output.

When you say you can't see it in "devices" are you talking about the "VST audiobay"? click devices, then device set up, then have a look around the audiobay/VST inputs to see if you can find it there.

If/when it's there, you need to go to Devices>VST connections>VST inputs, then set one of the channels to your usb input there.

I've not done it before where you use one soundcard as an input, and another as an output.

When you say you can't see it in "devices" are you talking about the "VST audiobay"? click devices, then device set up, then have a look around the audiobay/VST inputs to see if you can find it there.

If/when it's there, you need to go to Devices>VST connections>VST inputs, then set one of the channels to your usb input there.

thanks mate i was looking most places but i will have another look tonight

as its a human interface usb connection it dosent show up in my computer is that just because its vista

(I HATE VISTA IT SUCKS BIG HAIRY SWEATY LUMBER JACK BALLS)

do i need to play with frequency or latancy at all as its USB?

It shouldn't show up in My Computer. Fuck knows why he said that. It's basically a USB soundcard, they don't show on My Computer. They should show in Windows Device Manager.

It's not a case of USB=Latency. You may get latency issues, the way around this is to monitor your guitar direct whicle you record, instead of through the computer.

its Cubase 4.1.1 a friend gave me a cracked copy a couple of days ago i am as green as they come as i am with most music software

does it matter which template i use. ive listed the template options below

Empty

16 midi tracks

4 Studio 8 Mono Audio Track Recorder

Arranger And Mixed Track Setup

Cubase Synths On Instrament Tracks

Mastering Setup

Play Order With Mixed Track Setup

that's pretty cool. I wonder if you can use more than one at once. There's no manual or anything though which isn't very helpful. The main problem is that usually you would be using the same sound card for input AND output of music in Cubase. I can't use my m-audio delta 1010s for inputs and then my onboard nvidia sound for output. Let us know how you get on anyway.

ok in recent weeks my amp has developed and odd problem,every night at around 9 oclock it starts making a buzzing noise.the really weird thing is that it's as if the buzz is coming from the guitar because if you turn the guitars volume right down or turn on my tuner pedal (which acts as a kill switch too) it stops! the noise is similar to the one single coils make when there's other electrical stuff in the room

it's not the guitars though because a) one of them has humbuckers and b) i borrowed a friends amp for the past couple of nights and it didn't happen! i'm very puzzled by this and my usual trusty repair man is stumped too,anybody have any ideas? just to clarify it all works fine during the day time its just after about 9 :confused:

if it helps at all the amp is a Fender DSP90 Deluxe

Archived