Hello.

I was looking for a good tab of Hate This and I'll Love You from Showbiz if anyone knows where I could find it. I'd like to learn the solo.

Also, any sites that have the music writtten up for piano songs like Sunburn and Space Dementia.

Cheers me dears.

Here is the tab:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/muse/hate_this_and_ill_love_you_tab.htm

On this site there is sheet music:

http://www.microcuts.net/uk/

I hate logic, name a simple programming program GO!

or has everyone left :chuckle:

MAX/MSP :awesome:

what kinda programming are you looking to do? and how in-depth?

I really just want to be able to use it with programs like Reason as my input. I really haven't a clue what the balls I'm doing as I'm new to all your 'knobs' and 'fuzz factories', but I'll need a MIDI keyboard to wank about properly.

Howevermuch I don't know about them features they do sound incredibly shiny and fun to twiddle. I want something cheap and cheerful.

unless you already have MIDI input on your computer, youll probably want USB capabilities. in that case, the m-audio axiom series are really good. perhaps not as cheap as some, but pretty reliable, and with a good set of features for the price. i havent personally used any behringer gear, but there may well be something similar available from them, for a significantly smaller price. behringer gear is generally pretty good, but with the price comes a slightly increased risk of getting a bit of kit that will break REALLY quickly. the issue tends to be there, rather than with the application of the gear itself

How does this look, considering that I'm not that serious yet and am pretty much a beginner:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/KeyRig49.html

Not many twiddly knobs but seems to do the job...?

yeah thatll be fine. m-audio products are very good. just make sure you install the drivers before you plug it into your computer.. i made the mistake of doing it the other way and thinking mine was broken for several days :facepalm:

further on down the track you might feel the need for more control, but you can always just buy an extra controller, with more features, which would provide you with a shitload of versatility :)

Guest bshuker
I hate logic, name a simple programming program GO!

or has everyone left :chuckle:

Lol, you miss us already! ;)

Also, what kind of programming exactly? If it's simple Midi sort of stuff, you can't reallllly go wrong with Cubase as its pretty user friendly for Midi.

Logic is a bit of a cock, especially if its any version prior to 8.

Just plain avoid Motu Digital Performer

I really just want to be able to use it with programs like Reason as my input. I really haven't a clue what the balls I'm doing as I'm new to all your 'knobs' and 'fuzz factories', but I'll need a MIDI keyboard to wank about properly.

Howevermuch I don't know about them features they do sound incredibly shiny and fun to twiddle. I want something cheap and cheerful.

Any Novation MIDI controller with Automapping, as it was originally designed to work with Reason and Cubase, so if you are using Reason, you'll get the most out of it by using one of those as it simplifies everything :)

yeah thatll be fine. m-audio products are very good. just make sure you install the drivers before you plug it into your computer.. i made the mistake of doing it the other way and thinking mine was broken for several days :facepalm:

further on down the track you might feel the need for more control, but you can always just buy an extra controller, with more features, which would provide you with a shitload of versatility :)

Thanks for all your help. :D I'm gonna go for a m-audio one. I've found this one at around £100 and it has more features, so I think I might go for that one. Budget's stretched a bit thin what with tickets to buy and all but I think I'll manage. :D

Oh, by the way, out of interest- is the software that comes with the m-audio stuff much use?

Any Novation MIDI controller with Automapping, as it was originally designed to work with Reason and Cubase, so if you are using Reason, you'll get the most out of it by using one of those as it simplifies everything :)

They look good but I'm not really willing to spend much more than £100 as I'm not very serious, and all the novation stuff seems to be out of my price range. Thanks very much though- if I get serious I may consider those in the future. :D

Oh, by the way, out of interest- is the software that comes with the m-audio stuff much use?

tbh havent really played around too much with the enigma software. ableton live lite is a bit of fun, but nothing on the full package.. youd probably be best off getting a full version of one of the big-brand recording products (cubase/reason/ableton), or using reaper (my favourite)

tbh havent really played around too much with the enigma software. ableton live lite is a bit of fun, but nothing on the full package.. youd probably be best off getting a full version of one of the big-brand recording products (cubase/reason/ableton), or using reaper (my favourite)

Thanks a lot. :) Already got Reason, through evil torrents, so I'm good. :D

They look good but I'm not really willing to spend much more than £100 as I'm not very serious, and all the novation stuff seems to be out of my price range. Thanks very much though- if I get serious I may consider those in the future. :D

It is worth it imo as you will get more out of software such as Reason and Ableton, even if you're not serious, it is much more enjoyable, especially in the way those two were designed to be used.

I don't suppose anyone could recommend an affordable fuzz pedal that would be able to produce a sort of 'break up'[i think that's the right word] similar to the solo in Eternally missed? [i just adore that sort of fuzz]

stuff like fuzz factories are way out of my league :LOL:

cheers

I don't suppose anyone could recommend an affordable fuzz pedal that would be able to produce a sort of 'break up'[i think that's the right word] similar to the solo in Eternally missed? [i just adore that sort of fuzz]

stuff like fuzz factories are way out of my league :LOL:

cheers

What's your budget?

likely >£100

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fuzz-face/12048

Right at the top end of your budget though. Most fuzz pedals can get the sound your after although for a little bit more you can get a Vexter Fuzz Factory.

Edit: This might be a bit better price wise, they both should have a similar sound.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/jimi-hendrix/12044

i like the LBM cos it's smaller, but i had a go og the BMP TW recently, and it's WAY shmexier. But, first time around, one of the switches (i think it was wicker) makes the volume mega loud. It's just so much more versatile than the old BMP's though. I'm going to pick one up in NYC hopefuly next month.

Got a quick question for you guys (how handy there's a thread!). At the moment I'm finding that when I use my Whammy pedal the volume on my guitar needs to be at full in order for it to track right. Problem is that I've been using the guitar volume to change between clean and distorted tones (running the amp on the overdrive channel pretty much all the time) and there are times when I want to be able to use the whammy with a lower gain sound. My question is if I get as volume pedal and stick it at the end of my FX chain, or at least after the whammy, will I be able to use this to vary the gain and solve my problem. I can't see why this wouldn't work as it means the guitar volume into the whammy is still full but the signal driving the amp is weaker but I thought I'd get a second opinion anyway.

Archived