I like Queen. I LOVE Queen.

I do not like this.

It reminded me of "something" the whole way through and now I'll have to listen to it again to see if it's Freedom. Bah :mad:

(I have to be bothered with grammar coz it's my job and there is SO MUCH I have to just let slide because OMG. The female of the species is more deadlier than the male indeed :facepalm: )

tumblr_oq6uqzagsB1skp3ono1_1280.jpg

Was apparently tweeted and deleted almost instantly yesterday. Might not be but you'd have to assume it'd be Dig Down-related?

In other news, my opinion of the song has dropped a bit. Just think it's a bit boring though, not outright atrocious enough to be one of their absolute worst.

Dig Down just seems so uninspired. Muse have always been fairly derivative whether it was Queen, Radiohead, U2 or whomever but they still put their own spin on it. Now, they're just becoming a watered-down derivative of themselves and that's never a good thing.

It's one thing to be labeled a poor man's Radiohead, fairly or unfairly, but they don't have to be a poor man's Muse.

Edited by Nigel_Tufnel

Will echo the sentiments that it seems uninspired and has no emotional pull or anything catchy that hooks me. Disappointed that this is a radio single that will of course be put on the regular live rotation, as it knocks out an almost inevitably better song.

It's no Guiding Light, but I just don't care much about this song. Maybe it will come off better live.

I thought it would grow on me, but not really. I think it's genuinely the first Muse song that really does nothing for me. I'll take Guiding Light over this any day.

Also, I get what the intended market for this song is, but will this even do okay in the mainstream circuit? Their label might shove this down every station's throat, but I can't see the tune building much traction.

Edited by s3ker

Someone on YouTube said that Muse has been experimented too much with those "broadway musical" style vocals that doesn't mix well with Muse's style and I agree. Why do they keep doing these lame musical vocals? Are they inspired by lame high school musicals right now or something?

Someone on YouTube said that Muse has been experimented too much with those "broadway musical" style vocals that doesn't mix well with Muse's style and I agree. Why do they keep doing these lame musical vocals? Are they inspired by lame high school musicals right now or something?

No. He just really has feelings. Deep feelings.

It's a very forgettable song, in my opinion. Becomes more bland with each listen.

Honestly Muse have been selling out ever since "Starlight" hit. At least on that album they gave us some progressive shit to chew on(Hoodoo, Knights, Take a Bow). Even on TR album we got the Exogenesis song as a prog-bone. The last 2 albums were absolute SHIT and Album 8 is going to be double-bad SHIT.

Few more listens from me:

- The message/vibe still stands. It makes me feel positive. Not got a problem with that.

- The sound still makes me feel like something's trying to mate with my earholes. It really helps to listen to it through a good pair of headphones rather than my computer speakers. I love the womp.

- The song itself won't become a favourite. I genuinely like it, but it's very much a pastiche of too many things, and it's still standard radio-friendly Muse, so it goes around the middle of the field for me.

- I'd like to hear it live.

Still not hating! It's such a minimum effort track, but it appeals to me. They could've cracked out something super crazy for a 'comeback' song, but I'm not surprised that they didn't. It's safe, and it's alright. 6/10, I'd say.